• 65(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
I got ATV1220 with G02REF board too, still running Gotham version in first post without DVB streaming. Hopping deverlopers can add support tvheadend use the DVB-T Tuner

(2014-10-25, 15:57)lirsch Wrote: Hi All,
I have the ATV1220 Set top box for a long time and it wasn't in use for a long time.
I'm kind of newbie in custom roms and stuff but I have a problem in my ATV1220 and want to take this opportunity and upgrade
This unit's ROM.
When I start it I see the Android symbol, then the Android word and that's it, it doesn't boot properly.
Can someone guide me step by step what should be done in order to make it work with the latest and greatest rom?
My main goal is to see streaming content and use the DVB-T Tuner to see TV Shows.

Thanks in advance,
Liron.
Have created sdcard with Version 1. XDA Developers Gotham Build 13.2 Compiled 11-10-14; I am using a MX Linux box

The bootup starts and you can see MX Logo, and progress bar filling. Seems to get almost to end of the progress bar, and then it re-boots and it keeps recycling. Never completes.

Any ideas please?
(2014-10-28, 12:17)webvivre Wrote: Have created sdcard with Version 1. XDA Developers Gotham Build 13.2 Compiled 11-10-14; I am using a MX Linux box

The bootup starts and you can see MX Logo, and progress bar filling. Seems to get almost to end of the progress bar, and then it re-boots and it keeps recycling. Never completes.

Any ideas please?

You prob need to flash a different version not the g02ref build
Press THANK USER if I Help
Hi Auxbox

Just used the 13th October 13.2 compile (item 1 on the home page of this thread GO2Ref) ) to try it out as have been using the 20th August 13.2 compile for some weeks now (still with true full 1080 HD). Have had a few crashes with that August version though not many so wanted to try the latest available. All seems very solid but do not know what if anything has been changed ?? Have not got a ATV520 box at the moment to test if the Broadcom issue is fixed yet but not seen any reference to it being fix as yet.

The main reason for this post is I am not very keen on the opening boot up screen. First I get a half screen of corrupted random dots of colours then I get the simple black screen with the central welcome to Kodi logo. The logo is fine but a very bland screen and missing the XBMC Gotham welcome screen and the briefly displayed version 13.2 similar screen I used to get too. Is it possible to have a latest build that leaves me the attractive red and black XBMC Gotham boot up screens as per the August compile with or without the briefly displayed 13.2 version screen too if possible?? BTW when shutting down I used to get a black screen with the MX Linux shutting down text now I get a plain glaring bright white screen which is not as nice at all.

The original XBMC Gotham boot up screen is so much better looking IMHO and is more appropriate as this latest October Gotham 13.2 compile is of course still XBMC after all. Or maybe we will get an attractive eye catching Kodi boot screen later but this would surely be better left until we get a final release of Kodi Helix 14.0.

As always Auxbox thanks a load for your great work here, I am simply glad to be able to offer any testing help you may need form time to time and impart any improvement and helpful ideas I may have too.:Smile
Cheers
Raymw
Jo guys,

when I play movies and so on, the sound stops for half a second at irregular intervals...Everything else is good, but this problem is really irritating. :-(
Does anyone have an idea?

Greetz,
MPocke
Hey raymw try this update out
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqem2mgb5jxtpm...4.zip?dl=1

its got the drivers for the 520e but it still doesnt work.

Anyway its got a few updates from the previous build and the splashes are as normal.

I updated the first page aswell
Hey many thanks Auxbox, you are a star. Just downloading it form the Page 1 link and will install it later today and give you feedback. Only have a 1200 box to test it too; no 520 box until next week.

Pity about that 520e driver problem that is really the only big bug left with Linux Gotham AFAIC. Well except my digital sound problem which is the incompatibility with my Denon AVR X500 as I have stated too many times (sorry bobones LOL). BTW as an update Denon recently tell me it is a problem with the Mygica box NOT their X500. That is much as I thought seeing it worked fine with Frodo 12.3 and earlier as I said before of course :-p Anyway coping with this okay by manually switching Digital on the Denon.
Cheers
Raymw
Auxbox this is running fine and seems very stable and snappier it seems. Had a problem with the internet connection keep going busy and temporarily dropping out at first after initially updating over the top of the 13th October and earlier 20th August editions of 13.2 but a clean install after reverting to Android and a Factory reset then it worked perfectly :-)

Had to revert to Android to get to the system restore screen as that is no longer accessible it seems as it was before by simply booting up without an image SD card installed and with the reset button held in. Doing that it just simply boots up normally to the XBMC home screen. Is there anyway to carry our a nice clean Factory Restore without having to revert to Android which seems like using a hammer to crack an egg ??

Once again many thanks as always mate. Will test this latest compile of yours on that MyGica 520 box next week when I get hold of one again. As you say the WiFi Broadcom drivers are unlikely to work still.
Cheers
Raymw
Hi guys !!

i'm really happy to have stumbled across this thread.
I'm a XDA user and i thought the thread on XDA was dead.
Nice to see it's still under development here.
I'm still running the 1.01 version found on XDA for the moment.
Will wait for some feedback on the version posted in the first post before updating.

@raymw : did you use ethernet or wifi when you had connection problems ?
I ask this because i'd like to upgrade my box (ATV1200) but don't want to revert back to Android and lose all my settings and database (took me hours to set up everything as wanted lol)
Does it feel really snappier ?

@AuXBoX : any way to have a changelog compared to the 1.01 version ?
(also still waiting for your custom splashes as you offered me on XDA ^^ JK, don't really need it, especially if it takes you time to compile just for me).
Hi NeBouse

Yes of course I checked it with both Ethernet and WiFi connection and the same symptoms occurred. Maybe it was because I had Mickey 1234 Advanced Settings xml file installed and that could be incompatible with the latest Gotham builds, not sure but just a possible reason. SO you may not get the internet connection problem I had of course but would be interested to know if you do get the same problem as I am sure others here would too.

No problem if you back up all your settings and addons using XBMC Backup before you start, as indeed I do. Just make sure you enable all the back up data and profile options before you back up and later when you restore. Took me less than 15 minutes to get XBMC Backup installed to the newly flashed box and then restored my latest backup. All then I have to do is set up those configurations not backed up like Screen calibration, Services, International settings and of course my short cut icons which does not take too long. I also here have to manually install the Arialuni.ttf font in the .xbmc\Media\Fonts folder so I can use that for Thai subtitles for my Thai family.
Cheers
Raymw
Thx for the feedback and tips, will probably do this on thursday when i have plenty of free time.
Will keep you updated with the connection health of course (will do a "dirty" flash first, without going back to android to see how it goes).
One more experiment with Mygica ATV1200: In one of he most important apps for me (video streaming app) playback was not perfectly smooth (audio/video stuttering for about 1 sec every 3-5 minutes). I tried various build.prop configs (disabled/enabled video related settings) but nothing worked.

I flashed about 20 firmwares to my box (also Android 4.2) and one of them worked really great - Android 4.1 20130326 (http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androi...130326.zip). Video playback in the app now was smooth, also other things in my box worked ok (hw video acceleration, XBMC, remote controle settings etc.) but there was one small problem - i can connect to internet only with cable because wifi was not working (drivers?).

Thats how i solved wifi problem:

1. Extracted original firmware with working wifi (for example 20130805: http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androi...05_eng.zip)

2. Changed boot.img and logo.img with same files from firmware 20130326 (http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androi...130326.zip)

3. Created zip archive and signed it with APK-Multi-Toolv1.0.11.zip (useful info about this here: http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=119).

Then i flashed this modified firmware to my box and everything (also wifi) now is working ok. About SPI: i didn't touch the spi, only flashed new firmware. Spi on my box is 20130805.

I dont know why but older version of boot.img (kernel?) for me works better than new kernels(?). If we talking about older firmwares and wifi i can say that for my box wifi is only working from Android 4.1 version 20130805 - something related to wifi is missing in older firmwares.
(2014-11-05, 13:49)andriszz Wrote: One more experiment with Mygica ATV1200: In one of he most important apps for me (video streaming app) playback was not perfectly smooth (audio/video stuttering for about 1 sec every 3-5 minutes). I tried various build.prop configs (disabled/enabled video related settings) but nothing worked.
All the streaming apps I've used on my atv1200 have not had any problems. I always set auto adjust refresh rate and set sync audio with video clock
(2014-11-06, 00:46)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-11-05, 13:49)andriszz Wrote: One more experiment with Mygica ATV1200: In one of he most important apps for me (video streaming app) playback was not perfectly smooth (audio/video stuttering for about 1 sec every 3-5 minutes). I tried various build.prop configs (disabled/enabled video related settings) but nothing worked.
All the streaming apps I've used on my atv1200 have not had any problems. I always set auto adjust refresh rate and set sync audio with video clock

More about this configuration? Where did you set this options?
(2014-11-06, 09:38)andriszz Wrote:
(2014-11-06, 00:46)AuXBoX Wrote:

More about this configuration? Where did you set this options?

Ok it's in video settings, make sure it's on expert setting level, then adjust display refresh rate to match video. Then sync playback to display, then a/v sync method - Video clock
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5