• 176(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
Against my better judgement (I shouldn't really mess with stuff I don't understand enough about), I again edited my iplayer2.py file. This time, I changed root.iter to become root.getiterator…and…BINGO!…I now have categories Smile

HTH anyone else who found the same issue. In any event, from what Exobuzz stated earlier, it would soon have become a non-issue anyway.

@exobuzz, thanks, hope this means you can avoid any more time looking at this issue…you've done too much for us already!
(2014-11-07, 15:12)streetsy Wrote: Against my better judgement (I shouldn't really mess with stuff I don't understand enough about), I again edited my iplayer2.py file. This time, I changed root.iter to become root.getiterator…and…BINGO!…I now have categories Smile

HTH anyone else who found the same issue. In any event, from what Exobuzz stated earlier, it would soon have become a non-issue anyway.

@exobuzz, thanks, hope this means you can avoid any more time looking at this issue…you've done too much for us already!

cheers - that saves me some time yeh. I'll test and see if getiterator gives lots of deprecate warnings on python 2.7 and either use that, or use both depending on python version.
Hitcher, please work upstream - I now keep flip flopping between the upstream release (2.6.3) and your forked version from your repo that is using the old artwork (icon, Categories etc.). Or change the addon id of your fork so it doesn't conflict with the upstream release. Obviously the former would be best for everyone - my only other option right now is to disable your repo.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I can't thankyou enough exobuzz. Iplayer is the most used addon in my family so to find out you decided to carry on the fight is amazing news!!! thanks

I just have one question, the mickeys xunity iplayer shows more episodes for eastenders. is there no way you can also? thanks
(2014-11-07, 21:50)MediaPi Wrote: I just have one question, the mickeys xunity iplayer shows more episodes for eastenders. is there no way you can also? thanks

I also noticed this for the Detectorists: 5 episodes showing from Mikey's, but only 2 episodes showing on the version I have installed from Hitcher's repo. (ETA: And the extra episodes actually play, as well.)
I may need to study the api a bit more. It may be down to limits on the api vs how we use it, or just the shows are not included. They scrape the site, but we are using an api.
I'm getting the categories but the radio playback starts and then stops 10 seconds later.

This used to happen with a previous release but an update solved.

Is there a log file I can check?

Thanks for the hard work.
there is the debug log.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

Regarding missing episodes - via the feeds previously and the new api we are using, only 7 days of data is available for most stuff. The other plugin scrapes the website so some additional programmes are available. I don't want to go down that road (it will require constant maintenance) - so for now just keep both plugins installed perhaps ?

Nothing I can do about it right now. Ask the BBC to give us an API that we are allowed to use currently, that contains all the available programmes etc.

It might be an option for us to add a "manual programme id" playback, which could allow entering of a programme id much in the same way as get_iplayer can.
Thanks to everyone for all their efforts. It is fantastic to have the iPlayer up and working again! Smile
I am also delighted to have this back and really grateful to the team.

I have noticed the categories don't work the same as before - for instance I can select a sub-category (like Factual - Lifestyle) but if I select a main category (like Factual on its own) I get an error. Is this being worked on?
Set socket timeout to 0 or increase it in advanced settings.

The api we are now using is a little slow.
Advanced settings in the addon settings that is
(2014-11-08, 23:33)exobuzz Wrote: Set socket timeout to 0 or increase it in advanced settings.

The api we are now using is a little slow.

On this subject, I'm curious to know if anyone using the latest version (2.6.3+) is able to get programme listings for Radio 3, Radio 4, or World Service (I can't). AFAICT, those requests die or time out on the server, perhaps due to a large amount of back catalogue programmes in the associated data set. I get the same results with get_iplayer or direct access, from several different networks, so it's nothing to do with the plugin or XBMC. I'd just like to find out if there is any hope for grabbing listings for those stations as whole units, or if I should give up ( me == get_iplayer dev).
Did you adjust socket timeout?

The api may well just be failing on the BBC end
This has probably nothing to do with the new/old API, but with so much content I always loose track of what I have already watched.

exobuzz, is there a way that watched programmes could be marked as watched (maybe using XBMCs cache db or so)? (I know partially watched programmes always have the "resumable" note beside them, but once you finish watching they are undistiguishable from unwatched ones)
  • 176(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13