• 132(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-11-09, 01:10)Milhouse Wrote: @Bohlendach: Due to the unexpected critical changes between the last two builds, such as ffmpeg bump, can you compare #1108 (above, without e502b099) and #1108b (identical to #1108 but *includes* e502b099).

I did not manage to make iso samples. However, I think the problem also exists with VIDEO_TS folders. Therefore I made the samples in VIDEO_TS-folders:
OK
NOT_OK

OK works with both #1108 and #1108b
NOT_Ok only works with #1108

I have only tested on a NFS-share. Not SMB nor local share

The debug logs:
#1108b

Edit:
SMB share:
NOT_Ok only works with #1108

On a local share (USB pin):
NOT_Ok works with both #1108 and #1108b
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1109
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.2 #1 PREEMPT Sun Nov 9 21:01:49 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Nov  7 2014 17:01:00
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 3bd41a132583ec90e4a0410a4aa631d1e4e2d8ea (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141109210038-r19595-g6b67931 [Build #1109]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (6b679312, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (3d9dbc21, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR:5217 [patch details]
  • Includes latest libnfs master (4a58e614)
  • Includes latest libcec master (260df18a)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (8ea1a428)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (328fa653)
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes (see patch)
  • Includes commits from libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix)
  • Includes PR:373: Release v1.9.25 (kodi-pvr-addons)
  • Includes PR:374: [pvr.hts] Backported GetPlayingTime from pvr.tvh. (kodi-pvr-addons)
  • Includes PR:5573: webserver: improved caching control (see discussion)
  • Includes PR:5599: filesystem: add COverrideFile/COverrideDirectory to reduce code duplication
  • Includes PR:5625: Fix library clean/scan after #5324 when started from a remote.
  • Includes PR:5629: [PVR] Timeshifting: Fixed EpgInfoTag::[IsActive|WasActive|InTheFuture]
  • Reverted e502b099: Reason: may be responsible for ISO playback issues?
Build Highlights:
  1. Avoid busy spinning when socket timeout is too low
  2. A couple of other fixes which look to be audio/video sync related
  3. Added: PR:5629: [PVR] Timeshifting: Fixed EpgInfoTag::[IsActive|WasActive|InTheFuture]
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • sundtek-mediatv: fixed (some) errors (PR:3601, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • systemd: machine-id.service has no job after local-fs.target (0d679d52)
    • systemd: move userconfig.service to sysinit.target (c787c452)
    • samba: samba.*.service has no job with local-fs.target (e1015111)
    • debug-shell.service: move to sysinit (c3f89271)
    • kodi-cleanlogs.service: move to sysinit (3235ac4c)
    • linux: add some upstream patches (dbe3ff78)
    • Mesa: update to Mesa-10.3.3 (501e6b14)
    • move vaapi / vdpau support to config/graphic (26bafc06)
    • projects/*/options: rename $AIRTUNES_SUPPORT to $KODI_AIRTUNES_SUPPORT (3e12eb05)
    • projects/*/options: rename $AIRPLAY_SUPPORT to $KODI_AIRPLAY_SUPPORT (e00be7b6)
    • projects/*/options: rename $AFP_SUPPORT to $KODI_AFP_SUPPORT (43120e99)
    • projects/*/options: rename $SSHLIB_SUPPORT to $KODI_SSHLIB_SUPPORT (682d64c0)
    • projects/*/options: rename $UPNP_SUPPORT to $KODI_UPNP_SUPPORT (479bd5c8)
    • projects/*/options: rename $WEBSERVER to $KODI_WEBSERVER_SUPPORT (58ef85be)
    • projects/*/options: rename $MYSQL_SUPPORT to $KODI_MYSQL_SUPPORT (08a6eeb2)
    • projects/*/options: rename $NONFREE_SUPPORT to $KODI_NONFREE_SUPPORT (a0677c63)
    • projects/*/options: rename $DVDCSS_SUPPORT to $KODI_DVDCSS_SUPPORT (fb231f9b)
    • projects/*/options: rename $OPTICAL_DRIVE_SUPPORT to $KODI_OPTICAL_SUPPORT (3b8c9ae0)
    • projects/*/options: rename $BLURAY_SUPPORT to $KODI_BLURAY_SUPPORT (02bd0452)
    • projects/*/options: rename $NFS_SUPPORT to $KODI_NFS_SUPPORT, add option for NFS mount support via the OS (d142051b)
    • projects/*/options: rename $SAMBA_SUPPORT to $KODI_SAMBA_SUPPORT, add option for SAMBA mount support via the OS (45183d93)
    • projects/*/options: rename $AACS_SUPPORT to $BLURAY_AACS_SUPPORT (142ff48a)
    • projects/*/options: rename $BDPLUS_SUPPORT to $BLURAY_BDPLUS_SUPPORT (b79b0292)
    • config/functions: update config overview (0894c68e)
    • debug: call get_graphicdrivers (6fc7e446)
    • add support to create different distributions with the same project configs (a6c92663)
    • plymouth-lite: add support for distro based splash, move default splash to distro folder (e8d1499f)
    • mkimage: say something before doing 'sudo scripts/mkimage' (6b679312)
  2. XBMC:
    • [ios] - get the resolution clamp for > 720p material back in place - the... (PR:5649, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Add missing default icons (PR:5684, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
  3. kodi-pvr-addons:
    • updated .gitignore (4d7a3c48)
    • rebrand: install add-ons to /kodi instead of /xbmc (8ea1a428)
  4. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [curl] Avoid busy spinning when socket timeout is too low (dc13320e)
      • [dvdplayer] Allow new timestamp correction code to be disabled with an advancedsetting (1c1d34a8)
      • [dvdplayer] Try resetting the demuxer if audio and video remain out of sync (1ff8c094)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: PR:5629: [PVR] Timeshifting: Fixed EpgInfoTag::[IsActive|WasActive|InTheFuture]
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-11-10, 00:00)Milhouse Wrote: [*][dvdplayer] Allow new timestamp correction code to be disabled with an advancedsetting (1c1d34a8)
[*][dvdplayer] Try resetting the demuxer if audio and video remain out of sync (1ff8c094)

@gendo - one of these attempts to reset the demuxer if audio and video remain out of sync for 2 seconds. Untested, but I'd be interested if you can see an effect from it.
The other adds an advancedsetting so you can revert the timestamp change. Something like this in ~/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <reverttimestampchange>false</reverttimestampchange>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
First time playing with the Pi in a while... and I have run into one issue. This thread is getting rather long, so I apologize in advance if this is a known issue.

Everything is working great, except for when I use the NHL Gamecenter addon. Each feed that I play, the audio is a few seconds ahead of the video. The first Milhouse version I tried was a week ago and it existed, as well as the current build and the official beta build.

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/cCxbZ1gb

I also just downgraded to stable 4.2.1 and the issue exists there also. This does not happen at all on my ION unit using either Gotham or Helix Beta, and it is connected using all the same cables as the Pi (I am swapping back and forth to test).
(2014-11-10, 01:08)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-11-10, 00:00)Milhouse Wrote: [*][dvdplayer] Allow new timestamp correction code to be disabled with an advancedsetting (1c1d34a8)
[*][dvdplayer] Try resetting the demuxer if audio and video remain out of sync (1ff8c094)

@gendo - one of these attempts to reset the demuxer if audio and video remain out of sync for 2 seconds. Untested, but I'd be interested if you can see an effect from it.
The other adds an advancedsetting so you can revert the timestamp change. Something like this in ~/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <reverttimestampchange>false</reverttimestampchange>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

It works (on both occasions) with reverttimestampchange set to false video audio resume though it might take slightly more time and after it resumes there is a second or so where speed is incorrect, but perfectly useable. Thanks popcornmix.
(2014-11-10, 05:47)sdsnyr94 Wrote: Everything is working great, except for when I use the NHL Gamecenter addon. Each feed that I play, the audio is a few seconds ahead of the video. The first Milhouse version I tried was a week ago and it existed, as well as the current build and the official beta build.

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/cCxbZ1gb

I also just downgraded to stable 4.2.1 and the issue exists there also. This does not happen at all on my ION unit using either Gotham or Helix Beta, and it is connected using all the same cables as the Pi (I am swapping back and forth to test).

Can you try disabling omxplayer acceleration (in settings/video/acceleration)?
(2014-11-07, 18:26)popcornmix Wrote: Okay. Anyone with a DAC or DIGI (not the + versions)? Can you test if hifiberry works? Does GPU accelerated resampling also work?
I've moved over here from openelec.tv-forum to better stay in touch with latest builds and progress on the hifiberry issues.
As for me running OpenELEC 5.0 Beta 1 (4.95.1) on a RPi B I could not enable my Hifiberry Digi (non+!). Latest Milhouse build where it did work was #1006.
Thanks a lot anyway for doing a great job!

edit: to be on the safe side: do I still need to enable snd_soc_bcm2708, bcm2708_dmaengine, snd_soc_pcm5102a, snd_soc_hifiberry_digi manually in /etc/modules?
(2014-10-15, 19:22)menakite Wrote: In the meantime I have a sample [1]: it's a 2 minutes sample, I'm not sure if that's enough (assuming you can reproduce) for you to see it recovering, but you should at least be able to see the issue. This is a new episode I have just added to the library, so really, any 25 fps video with passthrough enabled causes a black screen and no audio. Sooner or later.
[...]
[1] https://menakite.eu/~anaconda/5x01-001.mkv

@popcornmix I can create it again if you still need it (I watch logs).
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1110
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.2 #1 PREEMPT Mon Nov 10 21:10:12 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Nov  7 2014 17:01:00
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 3bd41a132583ec90e4a0410a4aa631d1e4e2d8ea (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141110210900-r19602-gfce7331 [Build #1110]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (fce73315, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (b69bbac2, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR:5217 [patch details]
  • Includes latest libnfs master (4a58e614)
  • Includes latest libcec master (260df18a)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (23b13f69)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (328fa653)
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes (see patch)
  • Includes commits from libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix)
  • Includes PR:373: Release v1.9.25 (kodi-pvr-addons)
  • Includes PR:374: [pvr.hts] Backported GetPlayingTime from pvr.tvh. (kodi-pvr-addons)
  • Includes PR:5573: webserver: improved caching control (see discussion)
  • Includes PR:5599: filesystem: add COverrideFile/COverrideDirectory to reduce code duplication
  • Includes PR:5625: Fix library clean/scan after #5324 when started from a remote.
  • Includes PR:5629: [PVR] Timeshifting: Fixed EpgInfoTag::[IsActive|WasActive|InTheFuture]
  • Includes PR:5663: Add RunScript backwards compatibility
  • Includes PR:5688: fix 'action' type addon settings not executed if id attribute is missing
  • Reverted e502b099: Reason: may be responsible for ISO playback issues?
Build Highlights:
  1. Bump wlan-firmware, wireless-regdb and libass
  2. Added: PR:5663 and PR:5688
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • distributions/OpenELEC/options: enable RSXS support by default (fbed78c4)
    • kodi: add PR5682 (b444bcbe)
    • wlan-firmware: update to wlan-firmware-0.0.25 (c9d15cbe)
    • readline: dont install /usr/share/readline (0cde58f6)
    • libass: update to libass-0.12.0 (cfbb9b02)
    • wireless-regdb: update to wireless-regdb-2014.11.07 (fce73315)
  2. XBMC:
    • Add German QWERTZ to keyboard layouts (PR:5685, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Disable extra logging by default (PR:5686, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. kodi-pvr-addons:
    • [lang] update of language files from Transifex (23b13f69)
  4. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • only update a/v info if something has changed and only by main thread (08519b63)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: PR:5663: Add RunScript backwards compatibility
    • Added: PR:5688: fix 'action' type addon settings not executed if id attribute is missing
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-11-10, 15:22)thent Wrote:
(2014-11-07, 18:26)popcornmix Wrote: Okay. Anyone with a DAC or DIGI (not the + versions)? Can you test if hifiberry works? Does GPU accelerated resampling also work?
I've moved over here from openelec.tv-forum to better stay in touch with latest builds and progress on the hifiberry issues.
As for me running OpenELEC 5.0 Beta 1 (4.95.1) on a RPi B I could not enable my Hifiberry Digi (non+!). Latest Milhouse build where it did work was #1006.
Thanks a lot anyway for doing a great job!

edit: to be on the safe side: do I still need to enable snd_soc_bcm2708, bcm2708_dmaengine, snd_soc_pcm5102a, snd_soc_hifiberry_digi manually in /etc/modules?
I believe bcm2708_dmaengine is now snd_soc_dmaengine and doesn't need to be in /etc/modules (gets loaded anyway) but I could be wrong.
(2014-11-08, 01:58)Forage Wrote: Something happened in either #1105 or #1106 (I skipped the first) which is causing existing library entries of DVD copies to be included again on a rescan with all containing VOB files to be added as separate movies. The movie name of the VOB files is being determined based on the file name, thus resulting in a massive list of bogus entries in the library.

Any idea which commit it causing it or do you know of the issue? Else I'm going to try #1105 as well to see if it occurs in that build already. I'd like to prevent this if I can because it's a PITA to manually remove all the entries one by one again.
With a bit of delay some more information.

Folder structure:
Code:
\Movie Name\
    VIDEO_TS\
        VIDEO_TS.VOB
        VTS_01_0.VOB
        VTS_01_1.VOB
        VTS_01_2.VOB
  • "Movie Name" is added by that name as a movie twice, as the first item and as the third item after VIDEO_TS.VOB being added as a movie
  • All .VOB files are added as separate movies, three by the same name (VTS...) and 1 individual (VIDEO...)
  • Files are located on an NFS share
  • Despite my earlier statement about working in build #1104 it's actually build #1102 in which the issue started
  • It still occurs in build #1110

This makes "Video info scanner fix: scan the entire subtree of path passed to scanner. (PR:5343, 1 commit, 2 files changed)" a likely suspect if you ask me.
Hmmm, bogus library entries? I recently noticed a bunch of bogus (double) entries in the XBMC iOS app, They did not appear on the local interface (i.e on the TV screen) however.

The issue was remedied (possibly temporarily) by a library clean.
(2014-11-11, 23:01)allan87 Wrote: Hmmm, bogus library entries? I recently noticed a bunch of bogus (double) entries in the XBMC iOS app, They did not appear on the local interface (i.e on the TV screen) however.

The issue was remedied (possibly temporarily) by a library clean.

Different matter I'm afraid. Removing and cleaning will bring them back after a new library scan. Where DVD copies used to be added based on the main folder, it's individual containing files are now being added as separate movies.
(2014-11-11, 20:00)Forage Wrote: With a bit of delay some more information.

Folder structure:
Code:
\Movie Name\
    VIDEO_TS\
        VIDEO_TS.VOB
        VTS_01_0.VOB
        VTS_01_1.VOB
        VTS_01_2.VOB
  • "Movie Name" is added by that name as a movie twice, as the first item and as the third item after VIDEO_TS.VOB being added as a movie
  • All .VOB files are added as separate movies, three by the same name (VTS...) and 1 individual (VIDEO...)
  • Files are located on an NFS share
  • Despite my earlier statement about working in build #1104 it's actually build #1102 in which the issue started
  • It still occurs in build #1110

This makes "Video info scanner fix: scan the entire subtree of path passed to scanner. (PR:5343, 1 commit, 2 files changed)" a likely suspect if you ask me.

Just a question, are there only VOB files within the VIDEO_TS folder? Are there IFO and BUP files?

It was my recollection that DVD structure required the IFO and BUP, to recognise as DVD structure, else, like TV episodes, each VOB is handled as it's own video file.

I may be wrong, probably, but just a thought.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Regarding the library scanning of VOB files, you probably need to create a separate thread for that in the general section as it's now merged and likely to be an issue for all platforms.
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8