Release SiO2-X - Gotham
(2014-11-04, 00:18)rridder Wrote: Great work! Thx for all the fixes and changes you made.

glad you're enjoying the skin.
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
hi, this is by far my most favorite skin! I have 1 or 2 things that would improve it for me. Is it possible to have an option to globally change the default view? I know you can change it for each screen but what I m doing now is changing it every time it updates from default view 52, SIO2 view to 50, Big List, which I prefer, vi the skin.sio2x/1080i/MyVidNav file (if i remember correctly).
I would also prefer to have the side screen which will give you additionl optiuons (like search and vies etc, esp Fullscreen when a vid is buffering) to be on the left side, instead of the right, mainly due to the fact that I use a mouse to access my Kodi/XBMC and I often times get the side screen popping out like crazy when I am trying to scroll down.
Other than that, this is awesome, I much prefer it over the original SIO2
(2014-11-11, 22:36)sparkyvanburen Wrote: hi, this is by far my most favorite skin! I have 1 or 2 things that would improve it for me. Is it possible to have an option to globally change the default view? I know you can change it for each screen but what I m doing now is changing it every time it updates from default view 52, SIO2 view to 50, Big List, which I prefer, vi the skin.sio2x/1080i/MyVidNav file (if i remember correctly).
I would also prefer to have the side screen which will give you additionl optiuons (like search and vies etc, esp Fullscreen when a vid is buffering) to be on the left side, instead of the right, mainly due to the fact that I use a mouse to access my Kodi/XBMC and I often times get the side screen popping out like crazy when I am trying to scroll down.
Other than that, this is awesome, I much prefer it over the original SIO2

Hi, thanks for your words, I'm glad You like the skin.

There probably won't be any update for this in gotham.. so you can safely edit MyVideoNav.xml by setting

<defaultcontrol always="true">50</defaultcontrol>

and delete
../userdata/Database/ViewModes6.db

and everything in
..userdata/guisettings.xml

from
<viewstates>
to
</viewstates>

do this while xbmc/kodi is not running.

start it, and everything should be reset to default.

I don't know exactly why, but the same code gives different results in gotham vs Helix.
Since at some point I dropped some of the helix code into gotham.. the default view changed from biglist to sio2...

I just tried deleting viewdatabase and guisettings in both install and starting it back... gotham shows sio2 - helix shows biglist.. :roll eyes:

as far as moving the slide, that might happen since it makes sense having left on left, but not in Gotham for sure. I don't really want to go over this code more unless there's real bad bugs, with Helix right about to happen.

..as a personal suggestion.. I believe using a mouse really prevents from enjoying the full power of skins or xbmc/kodi in general. I understand it's a matter of taste (and I personally used a mouse for a long time, despite people advicing the use of remotes/keyboards. now i'll definitely won't go back to mouse Wink ) but give it a try.. might change your experience.

cheers!
Image Image
wow thanks for the quick reply.
I am using the mouse (actually a targus pointer/mouse thing) mainly because it is here and my 6 year old can use it without problems. For myself I usually use either Yatse remote or awxi web interface via my laptop browser. so the frustration with the pop out screen really comes from my daughter Big Grin This is why I am asking. But thanks for the advice!
I also found if i set this to false, then the side screen doesnt pop out..but it isnt ideal
<control type="group" description="Side menu 9000 group">
<visible allowhiddenfocus="false">ControlGroup(9000).HasFocus() + !Window.IsVisible(traktContextMenu.xml)</visible>

I have already edited the MyVideoNav.xml, which works perfectly, but I guess the issue is when I update, it writes over this so I have to remember to reedit it...my wife doesnt know anything about linux, so she gets mad when it "magically" changes back to what i had "fixed" already Big Grin So hence I was wondering if there could be something in the settings to set the default view for the entire skin. But if not, no worries, I can always edit the file without issues.
Thanks again for the great skin
(2014-11-12, 21:26)sparkyvanburen Wrote: wow thanks for the quick reply.
I am using the mouse (actually a targus pointer/mouse thing) mainly because it is here and my 6 year old can use it without problems. For myself I usually use either Yatse remote or awxi web interface via my laptop browser. so the frustration with the pop out screen really comes from my daughter Big Grin This is why I am asking. But thanks for the advice!
I also found if i set this to false, then the side screen doesnt pop out..but it isnt ideal
<control type="group" description="Side menu 9000 group">
<visible allowhiddenfocus="false">ControlGroup(9000).HasFocus() + !Window.IsVisible(traktContextMenu.xml)</visible>

I have already edited the MyVideoNav.xml, which works perfectly, but I guess the issue is when I update, it writes over this so I have to remember to reedit it...my wife doesnt know anything about linux, so she gets mad when it "magically" changes back to what i had "fixed" already Big Grin So hence I was wondering if there could be something in the settings to set the default view for the entire skin. But if not, no worries, I can always edit the file without issues.
Thanks again for the great skin

no problem, I try to be around when life isn't calling. Wink

eheh, I'm constantly working on wife proofing the skin, but children... that's a whole different game! Big Grin

Unfortunately there's no setting so far for that... I've been looking for a way to do it all across the skin, but I think ATM the only way would be a Python script to go and change settings in guisettings.xml and viewmodes6.db.

I think this should be a setting feature added in the program core itself, and then given to the skins via built in functions... since i think it would be very useful.

maybe open a thread requesting it? Most likely there's one already around the forum...

here's a thought: I know that the skin overwrites the files with each update ,but I believe that if you manually set each view the way you want (switch to one view, then back to the one you want) than it should stick thorugh the updates... please test it since i'm not 100% sure of it.

of course the problem will represent with clean install. (and I believe it might come back with addons)

BTW: Helix WILL have the menu on the left Smile
cheers,

and apologize to your daughter on my behalf for the frustration Angel
Image Image
Love this skin, and can't wait for OpenElec to go Helix so I can try out that version!

On this skin, I have found one lingering bug. I wasn't worried about it because it's pretty inconsequential, but then I thought maybe I should go ahead and let you know about it... On the shelf, the titles above items on the shelf when Music is highlighted are off-centered by a pretty large amount. Music is the only thing that has this problem.
Other than that it appears to be pretty bug-free! Oh, and thanks for giving us a way to turn off the pop-out when Movies and TV Shows are in icon view. I like it, but that popout really seemed to drag down my poor little Pi.
(2014-11-13, 08:58)Dalton63841 Wrote: Love this skin, and can't wait for OpenElec to go Helix so I can try out that version!

On this skin, I have found one lingering bug. I wasn't worried about it because it's pretty inconsequential, but then I thought maybe I should go ahead and let you know about it... On the shelf, the titles above items on the shelf when Music is highlighted are off-centered by a pretty large amount. Music is the only thing that has this problem.
Other than that it appears to be pretty bug-free! Oh, and thanks for giving us a way to turn off the pop-out when Movies and TV Shows are in icon view. I like it, but that popout really seemed to drag down my poor little Pi.

Openelexc IS helix.. I'm currently using the nightlies on my Cubox-i and they already smooth as hell (if hell is smooth??).. Wink

You did great bringing it up!!! Please feel free to report even the smallest bug you find.. helps me out a lot.
That's a misalignment due to the late import of some helix code into gotham Sad

not sure if i will fix it, only because Helix seems so imminent... and I'd have to install gotham on another machine...

here's the fix for the braves:

replace:

ADDONFOLDER/skin.sio2x1080i/Shelf_Elements.xml

with:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fastco...ements.xml

(open link, if it doesn't automatically download the file, just choose "save as" in your browser and save as Shelf_Elements.xml )

sorry for not pushing an update. But I believe we will be on Helix pretty soon.

cheers.

and thanks for enjoying the skin.

also if you find that some stuff is pushing too much on systems (i.e. your PI) please let me know.. sometimes I get drawn to fanciness, when it actually pointless. I'd rather the skin look good but be smooth than look amazing and break the whole experience to wait for an animation... so please keep hunting them bugs on my behalf!!!!
Image Image
(2014-11-13, 00:51)fastcolors Wrote: BTW: Helix WILL have the menu on the left Smile
cheers,

and apologize to your daughter on my behalf for the frustration Angel

cool!,
I will possibly try setting the menues individually...or not, it is probably easier to just modify the xml file Big Grin
I will install a Helix nightly this week sometime and try it out
Thanks for the reply Big Grin
(2014-11-13, 12:35)fastcolors Wrote: Openelexc IS helix.. I'm currently using the nightlies on my Cubox-i and they already smooth as hell (if hell is smooth??).. Wink

You did great bringing it up!!! Please feel free to report even the smallest bug you find.. helps me out a lot.
That's a misalignment due to the late import of some helix code into gotham Sad

not sure if i will fix it, only because Helix seems so imminent... and I'd have to install gotham on another machine...

here's the fix for the braves:

replace:

ADDONFOLDER/skin.sio2x1080i/Shelf_Elements.xml

with:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fastco...ements.xml

(open link, if it doesn't automatically download the file, just choose "save as" in your browser and save as Shelf_Elements.xml )

sorry for not pushing an update. But I believe we will be on Helix pretty soon.

cheers.

and thanks for enjoying the skin.

also if you find that some stuff is pushing too much on systems (i.e. your PI) please let me know.. sometimes I get drawn to fanciness, when it actually pointless. I'd rather the skin look good but be smooth than look amazing and break the whole experience to wait for an animation... so please keep hunting them bugs on my behalf!!!!

With 4 other tech illiterate people in this house, I don't update to betas. Good to know it's solid though. The fix worked perfectly.

In other news, what do you think of the Cubox? My next upgrade will be from the Pi to the Cubox i4Pro.
(2014-11-14, 01:04)Dalton63841 Wrote: With 4 other tech illiterate people in this house, I don't update to betas. Good to know it's solid though. The fix worked perfectly.

In other news, what do you think of the Cubox? My next upgrade will be from the Pi to the Cubox i4Pro.

definitely hear ya on the non beta policy!!

as for the Cuboxi.... I'm loving it. It's working very good for me and I don't even have the i4Pro. I'm on an i2 with devel Openelec. Very stable and quick.Use to have an ATV2.. which i think is very useful if you need an "extra fancy" cup holder.
Gotta say now I even exchnaged my living room MacMini with one of those.. don't miss the Mac at all.
very responsive, silent, small, light.. actually so light that the quality HDMI cable keeps it at an angle Rofl

and hats off to Openelec too. so good and easy.
Image Image
Good to know!

Okay I found one last thing here, although I'm not convinced it is a bug...

Movie library, icon view, info popout turned off, "Group movies in sets" turned on. There is no way of knowing without clicking on a movie to tell if it's a single movie(which would start playing), or a movie collection(which would open the list of movies in that collection). I feel like there was something before, but then again I had the popout then so that might have been what told me.
Hi Guys. New to this forum. I've been using SiO2 skin for a while now with XBMC and now Kodi. My questions are:

- which version should I be using with Kodi Beta 2?
- where do I get this?

I noticed that the version of SiO2 I have is probably older, as it still shows the XBMC logo in the System/Settings section instead of the Kodi logo. Also,

- is there a more complete guide to customizing the home page with SiO2, e.g. how to change the home page icons, home page background image, how to show sub-objects (e.g. videos) for the Movies and TV add-ons on the home page (my version only shows this for the Videos icon).

Cheers and thanks
Steve
(2014-11-15, 06:43)HappyChapSteve Wrote: Hi Guys. New to this forum. I've been using SiO2 skin for a while now with XBMC and now Kodi. My questions are:

- which version should I be using with Kodi Beta 2?
- where do I get this?

I noticed that the version of SiO2 I have is probably older, as it still shows the XBMC logo in the System/Settings section instead of the Kodi logo. Also,

- is there a more complete guide to customizing the home page with SiO2, e.g. how to change the home page icons, home page background image, how to show sub-objects (e.g. videos) for the Movies and TV add-ons on the home page (my version only shows this for the Videos icon).

Cheers and thanks
Steve

sio2 skin (which is not this one) is included in official repository. You can download it directly from there. You gotta have a VERY old one since the logo is long gone!!!

try removing the skin alltogheter , then search the addon manager in official repo and download it. It will be automatically updated.

as for a guide on customizing home page, I'm still trying to put togheter an extensive one. but it's a tedious process Smile

on youtube you'll find a few videos though that show some customization. e.g. http://youtu.be/EK_Z4xdEiFQ

as a side note if you want to try this one instead, just get the repository here
add it to kodi and test sio2-X .. is an improved version, with a lot of new features.

BOTH sio2 & sio2-x are gotham and Kodi compatible. Your Kodi/xbmc will automatically download the version you need.

cheers!

glad you stick with my skin for so long!!!!

let me know if you need help.
also could you PM me a screenshot of the skin? I'd love to swim in the past for a splitsecond! Smile
Image Image
Wow! Just installed new version. Awesome!
Photo 

Hello Developer, I'm wondering if you're able to offer any support to duplicate the recent apple TV 7.0 update. I'm really digging apple's new design changes. Here's Apple's TV designs

Many thanks
Jake Round

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SiO2-X - Gotham1