1 Movie - multiple files
Hey folks,

i got a problem and hope you can help me solve it:

Let's pretend i got a Movie on my disc and The folder is: "Movie".
So it would be "C:\Movie" for example.

But the Movie consists of multiple files.
So structure is like:
"C:\Movie\PathWhatever\Part1.mkv"
"C:\Movie\PathWhatever\Part2.mkv"

What now happens is, TinyMediaManager thinks they're different movies, even though i dont have "Multiple Movies per Folder" option activated.
I just want TMM to do this:
"C:\Movie1" (with File1, File2, File3 in subfolder) -> find all files in the directory or subdirectories, and pretend it's just one movie!

What am i doing wrong?

If you know about "AVCHD" -> That's what im talking about!
Or the wright term would be "BDMV" structure ...
You could have joined the mkvs into one in less time than it took you to type your post!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
yeah but if i burn them onto dvd .. does it still work?!
most probably not, because if filesize exceeds 2gigs, you have to change dvd format to UDF.
And most DVD Players can't play UDF discs ...

so i want my multiply files and TMM to ignore whatever is in a folder and just use the foldername...
Why wouldn't it?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
my bad. this was old info ... Big Grin
anyway, thats double the effort isnt't it?

back in the days, movies used to be
disc1.avi
disc2.avi or whatever ...

so - is this function supported or not? :-)
Actually there is a 4GB file size limit on a iso9660 filesystem (ie the filesystem on a DVD)
your help is appreciated, but that's not what i was asking for.

i don't want to merge the movies nor do i want to move them.

TMM lists the parent folder AND the subfolder "stream" as an own movie.
Thats not correct and makes TMM useless for me, unless it's a configuration issue!

in the feature list it says "Handle DVD/BluRay structures" -> but it doesn't work, obviously!
That is not a bluray structure.
If you use a (fake) BDMV structure, please do one of the following things:

a) put your movie files into one directory which has the movie name
"C:\Movie\Part1.mkv"
"C:\Movie\Part2.mkv"

we support movie file stacking - this will be recognized the right way. Be sure the file names end with either: cd, dvd, part, pt, disk, disc and the counter

b) create a real BDMV structure: for this you need to have a folder name called BDMV or VIDEO_TS between the movie directory and the files
"C:\Movie\BDMV\Part1.mkv"
"C:\Movie\BDMV\Part2.mkv"
this _should_ also work

I'd prefer a)!!

hth
Manuel
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
But thats almost the way it is!

See this link: http://www.videohelp.com/hd
Obviously your programming is wrong, since the structure of a BD or AVCHD is:

Quote:BDMV

PLAYLIST
xxxxx.mpls - files store information corresponding to Movie PlayLists. One file is created for each Movie PlayList. The filenames of these files are in the form “xxxxx.mpls”, where “xxxxx” is a 5-digit number corresponding to the Movie PlayList.

CLIPINF
zzzzz.clpi - files store Clip information associated with a Clip AV stream file. The filenames of these files are in the form “zzzzz.clpi”, where “zzzzz” is a 5-digit number corresponding to the Clip.

STREAM
zzzzz.m2ts - files contains a BDAV MPEG-2 transport stream. The names of these files are in the form “zzzzz.m2ts”, where “zzzzz” is a 5-digit number corresponding to the Clip. The same 5-digit number “zzzzz” is used for an AV stream file and its associated Clip information file.

AUXDATA
sound.bdmv - file stores data relating to one or more sounds associated with HDMV Interactive Graphic streams applications. This file may or may not exist under the AUXDATA directory. If it exists, there shall be only one sound.bdmv file and its filename is fixed to “sound.bdmv “.
aaaaa.otf - file stores the font information associated with Text subtitle applications. The names of these files are in the form “aaaaa.otf”, where “aaaaa” is a 5-digit number corresponding to the Font.

BACKUP
The BACKUP directory contains copies of the "index.bdmv” file, the “MovieObject.bdmv” file, all the files in the PLAYLIST directory and all files in the CLIPINF directory.

compared to AVCHD:
Quote: AVCHD

AVCHDTN
thumb.tdt - Thumbnails
thumb.tdi

BDMV
PLAYLIST
xxxxx.mpl - files store information corresponding to Movie PlayLists. One file is created for each Movie PlayList. The filenames of these files are in the form “xxxxx.mpls”, where “xxxxx” is a 5-digit number corresponding to the Movie PlayList.
CLIPINF
zzzzz.clp - files store Clip information associated with a Clip AV stream file. The filenames of these files are in the form “zzzzz.clp”, where “zzzzz” is a 5-digit number corresponding to the Clip.
STREAM
zzzzz.mts - files contains the video transport streams. The names of these files are in the form “zzzzz.mts”, where “zzzzz” is a 5-digit number corresponding to the Clip. The same 5-digit number “zzzzz” is used for an AV stream file and its associated Clip information file.
BACKUP
Optional

Also, filenames are a "00000.m2ts", "00001.m2ts" and so on...
I don't want to rename - if i rename, whenever i burn them on i need to rename again. bollocks.

Obviously TinyMediaManager doesn't know the correct BD-structure!
Is there a possible way to fix this "bug"?

[edit] You can close this thread. I switched to MediaElch, which can read the index.bdmv and just ignored everything else in this folder. Works for me. Thanks for your support and effort anyway.
Glad you found a media manager you like, even it's not TMM.

Nevertheless, i would be interested in a complete directory listing of one of your AVCHD folders.
I just tried it - the BD within is correctly detected here as a single movie...

br
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2014-11-16, 21:05)Sabcoll Wrote: But thats almost the way it is!

See this link: http://www.videohelp.com/hd
Obviously your programming is wrong, since the structure of a BD or AVCHD is:

Quote:BDMV

PLAYLIST
xxxxx.mpls - files store information corresponding to Movie PlayLists. One file is created for each Movie PlayList. The filenames of these files are in the form “xxxxx.mpls”, where “xxxxx” is a 5-digit number corresponding to the Movie PlayList.

CLIPINF
zzzzz.clpi - files store Clip information associated with a Clip AV stream file. The filenames of these files are in the form “zzzzz.clpi”, where “zzzzz” is a 5-digit number corresponding to the Clip.

STREAM
zzzzz.m2ts - files contains a BDAV MPEG-2 transport stream. The names of these files are in the form “zzzzz.m2ts”, where “zzzzz” is a 5-digit number corresponding to the Clip. The same 5-digit number “zzzzz” is used for an AV stream file and its associated Clip information file.

AUXDATA
sound.bdmv - file stores data relating to one or more sounds associated with HDMV Interactive Graphic streams applications. This file may or may not exist under the AUXDATA directory. If it exists, there shall be only one sound.bdmv file and its filename is fixed to “sound.bdmv “.
aaaaa.otf - file stores the font information associated with Text subtitle applications. The names of these files are in the form “aaaaa.otf”, where “aaaaa” is a 5-digit number corresponding to the Font.

BACKUP
The BACKUP directory contains copies of the "index.bdmv” file, the “MovieObject.bdmv” file, all the files in the PLAYLIST directory and all files in the CLIPINF directory.

compared to AVCHD:
Quote: AVCHD

AVCHDTN
thumb.tdt - Thumbnails
thumb.tdi

BDMV
PLAYLIST
xxxxx.mpl - files store information corresponding to Movie PlayLists. One file is created for each Movie PlayList. The filenames of these files are in the form “xxxxx.mpls”, where “xxxxx” is a 5-digit number corresponding to the Movie PlayList.
CLIPINF
zzzzz.clp - files store Clip information associated with a Clip AV stream file. The filenames of these files are in the form “zzzzz.clp”, where “zzzzz” is a 5-digit number corresponding to the Clip.
STREAM
zzzzz.mts - files contains the video transport streams. The names of these files are in the form “zzzzz.mts”, where “zzzzz” is a 5-digit number corresponding to the Clip. The same 5-digit number “zzzzz” is used for an AV stream file and its associated Clip information file.
BACKUP
Optional

Also, filenames are a "00000.m2ts", "00001.m2ts" and so on...
I don't want to rename - if i rename, whenever i burn them on i need to rename again. bollocks.

Obviously TinyMediaManager doesn't know the correct BD-structure!
Is there a possible way to fix this "bug"?

[edit] You can close this thread. I switched to MediaElch, which can read the index.bdmv and just ignored everything else in this folder. Works for me. Thanks for your support and effort anyway.

Why not an ISO file?
Is there any chance that TinyMediaManager will ever be able to manage full DVD- and Bluray-Structures or will this feature never be realized?
what does not work in your opinion?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
I have ripped all my BDs and DVDs preserving the original directory structure of the discs.

This results for a BD in the following directory structure (besides some additional subdirs):
[Movie title] ---->[BDMV] --->[STREAM] ---> 00001.m2ts, 00002.m2ts, 00003.m2ts

If such a directory is being imported into TMM then TMM thinks that there are 3 movies named 00001, 00002 and 00003 instead of 1 movie called [Movie title].

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1 Movie - multiple files0