• 2(current)
Vero OSMC
You can even get the same device for less. Software is opensource ..
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
With a Chromebox you really have to add a remote control.....at least $15 for something comparable surely ?

(2014-11-25, 18:18)wrxtasy Wrote: With a Chromebox you really have to add a remote control.....at least $15 for something comparable surely ?

Well $120 + $15 is still less than $200

And these device get obsolete fast,because there is always something new.
With the Chromebox, you can always revert back to ChromeOS and buy something else.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Vero will have Debian behind it, so you will have support in that sense regardless of OSMC. But OSMC is not going anywhere.
Do I understand correctly that the international shipment and VAT is included in the price?
It seems like there is a post missing in the beginning that has been quoted.

In any case, it seems like this box will not support Netflix or any streaming services, as it is just running some version of Kodi? Is that correct?
you can get:
  • CuboxTV (4 Core, 1GB RAM, 8GB SDCARD with OpenELEC) http://www.solid-run.com/product/cuboxtv/ for $99.-
  • Cubox i2ex (2 Core, 1GB RAM, 8GB SDCARD with OpenELEC, without WLAN/BT) for $89,99
  • Cubox i2ex (2 Core, 1GB RAM, 8GB SDCARD with OpenELEC, with WLAN/BT) for $98,99
  • Cubox i4pro (4 Core, 2GB RAM, 8GB SDCARD with OpenELEC, with WLAN/BT) for $125,99

last 3 on http://www.solid-run.com/shop/ with coupon code "openelec-4-cubox" (without quotes)

all with a faster GPU then the Cubox-i2/Vero (which are the same it seems), with additional eSATA, Realtime Clock and in black, already available and loaded with Kodi - ready to use!!! The Software comes for free no $$$ goes to OpenELEC and XBMC, you are free to donate what you can donate to both projects :-)

for EU users check http://www.ecservices.de/index.php?cPath=25 to get your Cubox-i without taxes :-)
greetings, Stephan

Makes the CanaKit Raspberry Pi B+ Complete Starter Kit for $59.99 seem like a bargain then, especially if Overclocked.

Also like the CuBox this will also not be able to do HD Audio but can handle de-interlacing Live TV very well.

The point, you get what you pay for. Hardware is becoming cheap these days, its mature firmware and long term support you pay for.

Bad timing with SolidRun now announcing CuBoxTV? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209808
(2014-11-25, 20:01)sraue Wrote: you can get:
  • CuboxTV (4 Core, 1GB RAM, 8GB SDCARD with OpenELEC) http://www.solid-run.com/product/cuboxtv/ for $99.-
  • Cubox i2ex (2 Core, 1GB RAM, 8GB SDCARD with OpenELEC, without WLAN/BT) for $89,99
  • Cubox i2ex (2 Core, 1GB RAM, 8GB SDCARD with OpenELEC, with WLAN/BT) for $98,99
  • Cubox i4pro (4 Core, 2GB RAM, 8GB SDCARD with OpenELEC, with WLAN/BT) for $125,99

last 3 on http://www.solid-run.com/shop/ with coupon code "openelec-4-cubox" (without quotes)

all with a faster GPU then the Cubox-i2/Vero (which are the same it seems), with additional eSATA, Realtime Clock and in black, already available and loaded with Kodi - ready to use!!! The Software comes for free no $$$ goes to OpenELEC and XBMC, you are free to donate what you can donate to both projects :-)

for EU users check http://www.ecservices.de/index.php?cPath=25 to get your Cubox-i without taxes :-)

These are all different products Stephan, and I'm not completely sure why you've posted them here.

Re. a 'faster' GPU: can you translate that in to evidence that the Vivante GC2000 provides a better Kodi experience than the GC880? If you look at open source drivers such as etna_viv (I am commited to a truly open source platform), you will see that the GC2000's multiple pixel pipes actually cause regressions and result in maintenance issues.

None of those products provide what Vero does: not just peripherals such as a remote, but also the OSMC experience: a commitment to long term support, an app store, web browser and easy content sharing. Yes -- you can buy a CuBox-i and I'm not trying to compete with them on price point, but instead on vendor support and providing a flagship device that is plug and play. If you prefer to tinker then perhaps a CuBox-i is for you, but if you want something that just works (and everyone in the house can use), then Vero will definitely hold up better. That's the market Vero is aimed at.

Sam

(2014-11-25, 21:08)Hedda Wrote: Bad timing with SolidRun now announcing CuBoxTV? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209808

Don't think so.
(2014-11-25, 21:16)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: These are all different products Stephan, and I'm not completely sure why you've posted them here.

so whats the difference? maybe GLAN instead 100MBs LAN for Cubox-2i? and a remote? thats not much differences, esp if you can buy a more powerfull model (i2ex) with more features for a few $ more then a i2 model

(2014-11-25, 21:16)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: None of those products provide what Vero does: not just peripherals such as a remote, but also the OSMC experience: a commitment to long term support,...

the long term support comes from other projects, like the whole support support of this platform... its not something which must be paid to you. If a User think he should pay you for... (dont really know for what) then he should do, but all others should keep in mind who really work on something, and who "only" take what others have created :-)

(2014-11-25, 21:16)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: an app store, web browser and easy content sharing.

would be nice to see something like this from you PRed to XBMC/Kodi, so others will benefit from this, instead only read what you have planned without any work done yet. (including your big announced Netflix support from 1.5 years ago)

(2014-11-25, 21:16)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: Yes -- you can buy a CuBox-i and I'm not trying to compete with them on price point, but instead on vendor support and providing a flagship device that is plug and play. If you prefer to tinker then perhaps a CuBox-i is for you, but if you want something that just works (and everyone in the house can use), then Vero will definitely hold up better. That's the market Vero is aimed at.

What a User have to tinker with a Cubox(TV), i got mine and it was plug and play, so it seems the Market is not much different, only more colorfull now :-)
greetings, Stephan

All i can say WOW..

I think ''SRAUE'' makes a point..
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Sam, I'm sure, has gone through great length to build something he believes in. Of course some products will be cheaper, some more expensive. But the market he aims at does exists. I have setup many Raspberry Pi's for friends, families etc. They all like it, but... it lacks the 'it just always works' approach. I'm sure that his product will be a success, and for those who doubt: it would be nice if people can just wish someone good luck instead of trying to break down his project without even having seen the product.

Stephan, I'm glad you confirm the reason for me never, ever to use OpenElec. Great product, no doubt, but your attitude towards your fellow developers is seriously unpleasant.
You may say that support comes from other projects, but you dropped the original Apple TV (and did so because of a commission
on CuBox-i? o.O).

Quote:"Users thinking about upgrading an ageing AppleTV might like to consider the ultra-compact CuBox-i devices from our
partner Solid-Run." http://openelec.tv/news/22-releases/144-...3-released

Some might construe that this revoking of support might be because OE never really did perform well on atv, as opposed to CB.

Sam still supports Apple TV, and this is a demonstration that his support for products goes above and beyond other people's,
even when other projects decide a platform is dead for seemingly financial gain.

So how long can users expect to have their Cubox-i supported by OE? Has solidrun committed to providing upstream patches? I
would suspect that if they don't, or if they stop doing so, OE support for them would likely be dropped as well? Are users willing to take this risk?
Quote:Sam still supports Apple TV, and this is a demonstration that his support for products goes above and beyond other people's,
even when other projects decide a platform is dead for seemingly financial gain.

That's good to here hear. I explained some months ago on what is needed to bring back crystalhd into xbmc upstream as ffmpeg hwaccel and sam volunteered to care for it. For now I don't see helix code in no repository that has the ability to do crystalhd decoding.

I volunteered to concentrate imx developing onto xbmc's github together with all the original xbmc-imx6 developers. We have already achieved a lot of things (Fix of Audio Support, rendering fixes and currently deinterlacing support). I had hoped that we see some osmc code that implements some features that are still missing, to make the cubox really competitive and a well working platform.

Edit:here -> hear (phonetics bugging me).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero OSMC11