• 14(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
(2014-11-26, 11:56)movie78 Wrote: Why did you change your statement, you said VidOn Xbmc Gotham release today. That means the release has already passed the beta stage.
And then you turn around and give us an alpha release.
Sorry for my early words. I thought it would be released, but I said it too early, it's just an Alpha version. Now we are all working on it and try our best to make it stable, less buffer and then no buffer.
(2014-11-26, 12:13)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2014-11-26, 11:56)movie78 Wrote: Why did you change your statement, you said VidOn Xbmc Gotham release today. That means the release has already passed the beta stage.
And then you turn around and give us an alpha release.
Sorry for my early words. I thought it would be released, but I said it too early, it's just an Alpha version. Now we are all working on it and try our best to make it stable, less buffer and then no buffer.

When you we expect a release date?
And same goes to VidOn media center.

Thanks
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2014-11-26, 09:26)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: Hey, guys
Please note that the VidOn XBMC Gotham is the first Alpha version after we migrated to Gotham, still need some time to make it stable, we appreciate for your feedback.
(2014-11-26, 12:13)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: Sorry for my early words. I thought it would be released, but I said it too early, it's just an Alpha version. Now we are all working on it and try our best to make it stable, less buffer and then no buffer.
You are still obligated to release the full source code for Alpha and Beta releases when you publish them to the public as you now did.

XBMC and Kodi are bound under GPL v2 license and that means you when asked have to comply and provide all the source code for any builds that you provided to the public, and that source code have to be for that specific build, not for a older or newer build.

Again I'm asking you now to please provide the source code for this Alpha/Beta/whatever that you just published, thanks.
(2014-11-26, 12:56)Hedda Wrote:
Please note that the VidOn XBMC Gotham is the first Alpha version after we migrated to Gotham, still need some time to make it stable, we appreciate for your feedback.
You are still obligated to release the full source code for Alpha and Beta releases when you publish them to the public as you now did.

XBMC and Kodi are bound under GPL v2 license and that means you when asked have to comply and provide all the source code for any builds that you provided to the public, and that source code have to be for that specific build, not for a older or newer build.

Again I'm asking you now to please provide the source code for this Alpha/Beta/whatever that you just published, thanks.

We do uploaded the code to github, and because the code of XBMC 13 has been freezed, so we will push the code to Github after the official VidOn XBMC Gotham has been released.
Please stay tuned on the github! https://github.com/vidonme/xbmc

(2014-11-26, 12:18)movie78 Wrote: When you we expect a release date?
And same goes to VidOn media center.

Thanks

Tomorrow I will ask our product manager when the new version will be released.
Vidon buffering issue.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2014-11-26, 13:03)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2014-11-26, 12:56)Hedda Wrote:

We do uploaded the code to github, and because the code of XBMC 13 has been freezed, so we will push the code to Github after the official VidOn XBMC Gotham has been released.
Please stay tuned on the github! https://github.com/vidonme/xbmc
Then you clearly do not understand how the GPL works! You can NOT wait and only release the source code for the final version.

Since you have now released an alpha build to the public and I now ask for the source code for THAT alpha you must provide it for THAT alpha build.

This is a common misunderstanding to those new to the GPL, thinking thinking that they can release alpha and beta builds without source code and then only release the source code for the final version once that have been release.

That is NOT how the GPL works! You must provide the exact source code to build each and every released alpha and beta builds too when asked.

So while is it good that you use GitHub you are unfortunatly not doing so for each alpha and beta build too, which you should to do it properly. Sorry to burst your bubble but it is not enough to only provide the source code for your final versions, that is not good enough to comply with the GPL.

I'm not trying to be harsh or unfair here, I'm only trying to get you to understand the legal responsibilities of the GPL and ask that you learn to respect and better follow the requirements. Best for all if you learn how the GPL works and how to deal with release of source code for each build that you make available to the public.

Simplest solution would be if you just submitted all your ongoing code in the public on GitHub even inbetween alpha and beta builds and just tag your builds there as then you would not have to worry about properly providing source code packages for each build.

Now again, you are not allowed to wait and only provide the source code for your final versions. You also have to provide the source code for all public builds, even for alpha and beta or nightly builds.
(2014-11-26, 13:36)movie78 Wrote: Vidon buffering issue.
Was this with the new Gotham alpha or current Frodo? I'll need to watch 'Sin City 2' 3D all the way through over this holiday weekend and check.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2014-11-26, 17:27)hdmkv Wrote:
(2014-11-26, 13:36)movie78 Wrote: Vidon buffering issue.
Was this with the new Gotham alpha or current Frodo? I'll need to watch 'Sin City 2' 3D all the way through over this holiday weekend and check.

This test was done on the new Gotham Alpha, but i had the same result with Frodo.
Okay, thanks, will test with Gotham alpha and report back. My rip is movie-only ISO, but don't think that should make a difference.
My Family Room Theater
(2014-11-26, 17:38)hdmkv Wrote: Okay, thanks, will test with Gotham alpha and report back. My rip is movie-only ISO, but don't think that should make a difference.

All my rip are ISO.

Don't use BDMV folder.
I only care about the movie itself, so always rip the main movie to ISO... with AnyDVD running, just use tsMuxeR to rip/build a movie-only ISO with chapters, hd audio only and forced subs only.

Okay, just watched the first 40 minutes of 'Sin City 2' and not a single freeze or buffering until the 31 minute mark, then picture freezes for about 3 seconds and resumes, after a quick speed-up. I think not bad, maybe fixable by VidOn, but again another freeze (buffering) at the 36 minute mark.

I'm wondering, can something be done via XBMC advanced settings XML to increase buffer? Never tried, but I've read about people doing this with Fire TV and other players that choke with BD rips. Maybe some gurus here can advise.

Found this on using advanced settings to increase the video cache; will try it out.
My Family Room Theater
We will release the second Alpha version(0.0.0.2) of VidOn XBMC Gotham on Friday and VMC 0.0.1.4 will also be released if it could pass all tests.
Here is the link of VMC 0.0.1.4 Beta, if you want to give it a try, you can install it.
[Link Removed]

Changelog of VMC:
1. Add "File Management", users can choose Main Movie or Menu Mode when playing BD/DVD iso/floder.
2. File browsing mode changed to list mode
3. Upgrade Vdmplayer.
Note: The beta test version is not stable and may cause some unexpected problems during your operation.

And...we are fixing the 3D BD buffer&crash problem, as it needs a big operation, so it may take more days.
Thanks again for your support!
I have just recieved my VIDon.me box, but alas I am unable to get True-HD to play on my Yamaha RXS600.

I have updated to the latest SDK 1.2 and have tried both VidOn XBMC and the latest Gotham.
When I play a True-HD movie with HDMI passthrough enabled I get no sound.
Turn off passthrough and it output PCM.

I have checked all the audio settings in XBMC and passthrough is set to HDMI.

This was the main reason I purchased this device, Wolly any update on the handshake issue's some of us are experiencing with certain AVR's.
(2014-11-27, 08:10)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: We will release the second Alpha version(0.0.0.2) of VidOn XBMC Gotham on Friday and VMC 0.0.1.4 will also be released if it could pass all tests.
Here is the link of VMC 0.0.1.4 Beta, if you want to give it a try, you can install it.
http://www.vidon.me/download/vidonme-med...-01-06.apk
AND now the source code for these alpha/beta builds that you now already published to the public?

It really can not be that hard can it be to understand this simple requirement of the GPL?

If you release any binary of XBMC/Kodi then you must also give the source code for it when asked.

You are in violation of the GPL right now unless you release the source code for each these builds.

This is not a gray area open to interpetation, these are simple facts that you have to deal with.
Bluray 3D.ISO Playback.

If the file contain both 2D/3D and the start in 2D,there is option to change it back to 3D.

This one the features i like about the M-195 Realtek 1195 box(PS: thats is the only good about it)
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3