• 70(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
Is the plugin supposed to auto log me into chrome or is it expected that I would need to logon manually and make sure to save my logon details in chrome so I won't be prompted again.

(2014-11-25, 12:10)JasonPell Wrote: Is the plugin supposed to auto log me into chrome or is it expected that I would need to logon manually and make sure to save my logon details in chrome so I won't be prompted again.

Also when I enable multi profile I still get prompted in chrome to choose a profile so I can't choose profile in xbmc and have it applied in chrome.

Is that expected limitation.

I am using unblock-us.com so maybe the logon stuff is broken here.

I note in the plugin its doing a get query passing in username and password. I was amazed Netflix supports such a mechanism as usually its bad form to login via a gethod
(2014-11-25, 12:10)JasonPell Wrote: Is the plugin supposed to auto log me into chrome or is it expected that I would need to logon manually and make sure to save my logon details in chrome so I won't be prompted again.

Also when I enable multi profile I still get prompted in chrome to choose a profile so I can't choose profile in xbmc and have it applied in chrome.

I note in the plugin its doing a get query passing in username and password. I was amazed Netflix supports such a mechanism as usually its bad form to login via a gethod

You still have to login Chrome yourself and save the credentials, after that doing one time it should always work.
Never mind I realized the local changes i made to call lirc broke the profile and login stuff.

My bad :-(

(2014-11-25, 12:29)marcelveldt Wrote:

You still have to login Chrome yourself and save the credentials, after that doing one time it should always work.
Is that mentioned in this thread by the plugin author?
(2014-11-25, 12:29)JasonPell Wrote: Is that mentioned in this thread by the plugin author?

I don't know... That's how it always worked for me as long as I'm using the plugin...

(2014-11-21, 17:04)corona Wrote: Hey everyone,
I was having problems with a number of functions no longer working, predominately profile selection (blank list).
Some other things like viewing history weren't working either (showing blank list), so I decided to try to fix them.

Hi Andrew,

I'm using your modded version of the addon. First of all; the speed is indeed improved a lot by using requests in the code.
The thing I've noticed is that after a few days the plugin would stop working giving me this error:
PHP Code:
AttributeError'Session' object has no attribute 'redirect_cache' 

I can fix this error by manually deleting the session/cache file in the addon's userdata folder.

Looking at the code, there might be a try-catch around this function ?

PHP Code:
def load(urlpost None):

#return opener.open(url).read()

""

if post:

session.post(urldata=post).text

else:
        try:

session.get(url).text
        except
:

""

return 

Anyone else experiencing this issue or is it just me ?
Hey,

probably something that was cleared up earlier - however, when using the modded version I get the following error:
Code:
ImportError: No module named requests

What should I do?

Edit:
Okay, I just went ahead and installed the requests package into the side-packages directory under system/python/lib - this has worked out. Was this expected to be happening or should the requests package be available by default?

Edit2:
Okay, everything is working fine so far - thanks for that Smile

One thing isn't working though - the "Viewing Activity"-Section for TV Shows (it works for movies!). I get the following error:
Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: (u'\xeb',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1088, in <module>
listViewingActivity(type)
File "C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 468, in listViewingActivity
added = listVideo(videoID, title, "", False, False, type)
File "C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 366, in listVideo
addVideoDir(title, videoID, nextMode, thumbUrl, videoType, desc, duration, year, mpaa, director, genre, rating)
File "C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 875, in addVideoDir
u = sys.argv[0]+"?url="+urllib.quote_plus(url)+"&mode="+str(mode)+"&name="+urllib.quote_plus(name)+"&thumb="+urllib.quote_plus(iconimage)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 1293, in quote_plus
s = quote(s, safe + ' ')
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 1288, in quote
return ''.join(map(quoter, s))
KeyError: (u'\xeb',)
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

I have a Win7 PC running the latest version of chrome, in addition to firefox and IE. w/XBMC Titan skin. When I run the XBMCflix addon - sometimes it works fine, other times it gives me a script error - but no more info. How do I findout what's wrong/fix?
Also - when it works, it opens up the movie in a separate browser - which is fine, however when I'm done - how do I switch back to the XBMC program via remote? When I click back to browse - it stays within the webpage browser, but not the XBMC program (currently I have to click Alt-Tab to switch)
thx
I map 'x' in the netflixbmc key map in the settings. When I hit x, it closes the browser and returns me to xbmc

The script errors are broken code that hopefully will get addressed.
thx
(2014-11-25, 13:06)marcelveldt Wrote: Hi Andrew,

I'm using your modded version of the addon. First of all; the speed is indeed improved a lot by using requests in the code.
The thing I've noticed is that after a few days the plugin would stop working giving me this error:
PHP Code:

I can fix this error by manually deleting the session/cache file in the addon's userdata folder.

PHP Code:
def load(urlpost None):

""

if post:

else:
        try:

session.get(url).text
        except
:

""

return 

Hi,
Yeah I did get the same issue myself, and have been testing a fix for a few days to check it works. It appears to be fine so it's pushed to my same repo:
https://gitlab.alelec.net/corona/plugin....netflixbmc
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
(2014-11-26, 18:47)HenryFord Wrote: probably something that was cleared up earlier - however, when using the modded version I get the following error:
Code:
ImportError: No module named requests

Okay, I just went ahead and installed the requests package into the side-packages directory under system/python/lib - this has worked out. Was this expected to be happening or should the requests package be available by default?

When I first changed it over to requests, quite frankly I was surprised it just worked for me as requests is normally a separately installed module. I'm not sure how I ended up with a copy of it, although looking now I see in my ~/.xbmc/addons folder I've got a script.module.requests which I'm guessing came in as a dependency of some other package. I should probably look into how to add that dep to this module now.

(2014-11-26, 18:47)HenryFord Wrote: One thing isn't working though - the "Viewing Activity"-Section for TV Shows (it works for movies!). I get the following error:
Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 1288, in quote

I'm not too sure about this one, mine works in both Movies and Tv Shows. I suspect from the error (a unicode char) there's something in your history with that unicode char in the name that's tripping up the script. It could help if you went to your viewing history on the normal netflix site and saved a copy of the html, maybe look for titles with international chars in the name.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
(2014-11-29, 00:49)corona Wrote: When I first changed it over to requests, quite frankly I was surprised it just worked for me as requests is normally a separately installed module. I'm not sure how I ended up with a copy of it, although looking now I see in my ~/.xbmc/addons folder I've got a script.module.requests which I'm guessing came in as a dependency of some other package. I should probably look into how to add that dep to this module now.
add it to the addon.xml file... look at the zip package I made for the addon.. I included the requests module.

(2014-11-26, 18:47)HenryFord Wrote: One thing isn't working though - the "Viewing Activity"-Section for TV Shows (it works for movies!). I get the following error:
Code:
Please check if there are any items in the list. As I recall you have to add the first titles from the Netflix webpage itself before this starts working.
It gives errors if the list is empty.If there are actually items in the list, the problem can be related to special chars like member corona said
Ah, yes - thanks for the tip. I checked out my viewing history and there are quite a few titles with a German umlaut in them - removed them and it's working now Smile
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2014-11-29, 03:28)HenryFord Wrote: Ah, yes - thanks for the tip. I checked out my viewing history and there are quite a few titles with a German umlaut in them - removed them and it's working now Smile

If you want, you can try with this version:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DA...file%2czip

I adjusted that part of the code to handle special chars better, but I have no clue if it works ;-)
Hey all I installed the latest 1.3.5 and it seemed to fix an issue I was having with blank movie lists. Is anyone getting a script error when trying to view certain genres? I get it when I try to view Anime or Action and Adventure. Search also causes a script error. I'm not a programmer, so I'm not sure how to fix. Any ideas? And thanx for working this- and thanx for posting the zip file for everyone to download.I have to apologize ahead of time for being a noob- I'm 2 days young into XBMC and I don't know how to get around very well or the terminology.
(2014-11-29, 00:38)corona Wrote:
(2014-11-25, 13:06)marcelveldt Wrote: Hi Andrew,

PHP Code:

PHP Code:
def load(urlpost None):

""

if post:

else:
        try:

session.get(url).text
        except
:

""

return 

Hi,
Yeah I did get the same issue myself, and have been testing a fix for a few days to check it works. It appears to be fine so it's pushed to my same repo:
https://gitlab.alelec.net/corona/plugin....netflixbmc

Hi,
I get this error:
Code:
21:09:12 T:140035512850176  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:09:15 T:140035512850176   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: can't pickle lock objects
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/var/lib/vdr/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 1060, in <module>
                                                index()
                                              File "/var/lib/vdr/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 152, in index
                                                if login():
                                              File "/var/lib/vdr/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 670, in login
                                                content = load(urlMain+"/Login")
                                              File "/var/lib/vdr/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 99, in load
                                                saveState()
                                              File "/var/lib/vdr/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 111, in saveState
                                                ser = pickle.dumps(session)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/copy_reg.py", line 70, in _reduce_ex
                                                raise TypeError, "can't pickle %s objects" % base.__name__
                                            TypeError: can't pickle lock objects
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:09:15 T:140037268940672   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/
21:09:15 T:140037268940672   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/) failed
21:09:15 T:140035512850176  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Any ideas how to fix this?
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7