• 97(current)
[Archive] Arctic
When displaying "New movies" in the home menu. Then they disappear when i have watched them? How can i stop this behavior? So all new movies is displayed (Recent 10), in the home menu?
(2014-11-23, 19:34)rskadk Wrote: When displaying "New movies" in the home menu. Then they disappear when i have watched them? How can i stop this behavior? So all new movies is displayed (Recent 10), in the home menu?

Newer mind, i solved it myself. By changing the settings in widget service
I would like to go back to this skin but it's suffering from something a couple of my other skins are. It's like it's lost the coverart. In this case TV shows with season cover art just show up as a blank thumbnail. They show up fine in other skins like Nebula and Emminance. Why would coverart show up fine in some skins but not others? Any help would be appreciated.
Will be Artic compatible with Helix?
No, they say it's dead - unfortunately.

Look here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1831436

That's why I cannot understand it's still called a "Work-In-Progress"-Skin.
Cry me a river. Its been stated numerous times that there will be a mkiii, there is just no eta as I dont have time to work on two skins, do a 5 day fulltime internship for uni, do uni assessments and work my other job at night. I can delete the thread and repo if you would prefer not to have access to the skin at all... there are 100s of skins in this wip forum that are no longer maintained - why dont you go have a whinge in all those threads too. Seriously, what I cannot understand is the attitude and sense of entitlement some people on this forum display regarding the countless hours devs dedicate for FREE to xbmc/kodi. We arent here to serve you, we just want to share the work we have done.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2014-11-29, 22:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: Cry me a river. Its been stated numerous times that there will be a mkiii, there is just no eta as I dont have time to work on two skins, do a 5 day fulltime internship for uni, do uni assessments and work my other job at night. I can delete the thread and repo if you would prefer not to have access to the skin at all... there are 100s of skins in this wip forum that are no longer maintained - why dont you go have a whinge in all those threads too. Seriously, what I cannot understand is the attitude and sense of entitlement some people on this forum display regarding the countless hours devs dedicate for FREE to xbmc/kodi. We arent here to serve you, we just want to share the work we have done.

+1
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The problem Jurial, is that you have done a work so great with this skin, I can't imagine to loose this piece of art.
It's a pity, maybe other skinner could continue this work...
Anyway thanks for all your time, your effort, and your patience with us. Thank you so much.
Well said jurialmunkey, I for one may ask the status of artic from time to time, but I am thourghly enjoying eminences and know artic mkiii will be worth the wait
Don't worry it is being worked on, it is just many many months off from completion... maybe for Kodi15 Smile

love that font
O man that looks so good. Why do you have to tease me
(2014-11-29, 22:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: Cry me a river. Its been stated numerous times that there will be a mkiii, there is just no eta as I dont have time to work on two skins, do a 5 day fulltime internship for uni, do uni assessments and work my other job at night. I can delete the thread and repo if you would prefer not to have access to the skin at all... there are 100s of skins in this wip forum that are no longer maintained - why dont you go have a whinge in all those threads too. Seriously, what I cannot understand is the attitude and sense of entitlement some people on this forum display regarding the countless hours devs dedicate for FREE to xbmc/kodi. We arent here to serve you, we just want to share the work we have done.

Why so angry? I just explained that the current version of arctic (mkii) is no longer maintained. And that is - obviously and unfortunately - just the truth. In my opinion it should be moved to the regular skin section then, nothing else. And I very much appreciate your work, I enjoyed this skin a long time and I am very sad that there will not be a version for Helix anymore. But of course I understand you giving priority to your studies and a can (and will) not claim anything else from you.

As to the WIP-section: There are so many skins in progress, but not many of them for the new version of kodi (Helix). That's a pity, since Helix currently has reached Beta 5 and it is quiet forseable that it will reach the final-status just withinh weeks from now. I just would like to see more Helix skins in progress.

Btw.: Screenshot of mkiii looks very promising. But it seems I have no choice than look for some other skin meanwhile (mkii not working anymore, mkiii far from completion).

Brgds,

FantasticN
There is no such thing as a "regular skin section" - this subforum is for all unfinished skins that have never been on the official repo. I dont really have an interest in debating semantics other than to say arctic IS a work in progress - moving from v2 to v3 is progression by its very definition - just because im not sharing v3 until its at the beta stage doesnt mean work is not being done on it.

If you cant understand why im annoyed I suggest you go back and reexamine the tone of some of your posts. Your sense of entitlement is evident even in this last post where you "just would like to see more helix skins in progress" - there are heaps of skins being worked on for helix and saying stuff like this really minimises the thousands of hours skin devs dedicate to xbmc. If you want more skins then get your hands dirty and go make one! Its all open source and its not like we're all designers or programmers - im a social worker for f's sake.
Exclamation 
Patience everyone

- Jurialmunkey's as busy as a bastard at the moment and he's prioritising getting his superb Eminence skin up to scratch for the final Kodi release.
There only so much work a bloke can do.

And to stop all the moaning and groaning for those that simply do not understand what a WIP skin means... Sad

These steps will at least make Arctic ii semi compatible with Kodi / Helix...

Note these parts of the Skin do not work and maybe never will:
- The on screen keyboard
- Live TV
- Some Weather addons will not work properly (the modified Weatherzone does)
- There may be other bits I have yet to find.

Steps:
1. Download the Skin from GitHub:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...master.zip

1. Then to install this Skin into Gotham first - >> see this post:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1830370

2. Setup all your shares and any parts that need the keyboard.

3. Install any version of Kodi (make sure you have backed up your XBMC directory first as it gets renamed Kodi !)

4. As a work around for Live TV... files > add videos > browse > Zeroconf Browser > Tvheadend (HTS) etc....
the same can be done to network the Recordings folder.... browse > Add network location > pick protocol etc....

Further help about Helix compatibility from this point on will not be answered, as I've already outlined known limitations.
For basic Movie and TV Shows playback this should work fine.

Tongue

• 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Arctic24