• 22(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2014-11-29, 15:22)namtih Wrote: I have 3 ideas after using it for some days now:
- option to set the number of entries for the new videos list separate for the general number of entries per page/channel
- option to exclude channels from this list
- option to de-/activate navigation entries and to sort them

As I see your commit "UPD: removed security warnings of urllib3", it's still logged here:
Code:
10:26:41 1106.232910 T:2781926464   ERROR: /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:730: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html (This warning will only appear once by default.)
                                              InsecureRequestWarning)

Option 1: I wouldn't do that. Why complicate the settings and separate options? This would also mean I should separate the option for the page per items for channels, playlists and so. From my experience as PM and developer I wouldn't do that.
Option 2: what do you mean?! From which list? Search? If so, this is a behavior for RC-user (not PC+Keyboard) so they can easily switch the search to a channel or playlist based search.
Option 3: !?!? I don't understand anything here...sorry. Can you clarify what you mean?

(2014-11-29, 19:46)emjayuu Wrote: When 'fanart' is enabled, what should I be seeing that's different? My favourite vids look and play exactly the same with it or without. Apologies if this is another silly question!
Per default you should see in the background the image of the channel (if your skin for kodi supports this). If disabled, you will only see the default background image of the addon.

(2014-11-29, 21:48)arithine Wrote: I miss the channels name in the description.

Added for the next update...sorry Smile
(2014-11-29, 22:57)bromix Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 21:48)arithine Wrote: I miss the channels name in the description.

Added for the next update...sorry Smile

Thank you, you're the best
1.0.0~alpha25 (2014-10-29)
UPD: requests with language/region
UPD: new icons
ADD: Auto-Remove from 'Watch Later' list
ADD: 'Related Videos'
UPD: show channel name in the description
FIX: disable verification warnings
Hi bromix.
(2014-11-30, 02:21)bromix Wrote: 1.0.0~alpha25 (2014-10-29)
Just tried alpha25 and the "What to watch" seems to be mostly German videos, problem is I'm not German or in Germany. Big Grin So there seems to be some German hard coded in there somewhere.
I think there was something wrong with "What to watch" in the previous alpha as it didn't show any videos related to what is shown on "What to watch" on Youtube website. It was a quick look so I might be wrong.Blush

jonib
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
[quote='jonib' pid='1849200' dateline='1417309940']

I dont see any german. My region is Canada. This is what i see:

Can i request to play playlist channel or user by calling the plugin from outside. Just like you did with individual video:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/play/?video_id= +  youtubeID+/

But take your time. No pressure.

Thanks for the great plugin
(2014-11-29, 22:57)bromix Wrote: Option 1: I wouldn't do that. Why complicate the settings and separate options? This would also mean I should separate the option for the page per items for channels, playlists and so. From my experience as PM and developer I wouldn't do that.
Option 2: what do you mean?! From which list? Search? If so, this is a behavior for RC-user (not PC+Keyboard) so they can easily switch the search to a channel or playlist based search.
Option 3: !?!? I don't understand anything here...sorry. Can you clarify what you mean?

1) I mean the navigation entry "Meine Abos". When you have subscribed to many channels a setting of 50 could be too small to show all new videos. But with a setting of 50 it would load a lot of old videos when I browse through the channels. So I think it would be nice to separate both settings to be able to set a high setting for "Meine Abos" and a low setting for "ABOS".
2) It's also about "Meine Abos". I would like to be able to deselect some subscribed channels for this list as I don't want to have it in this list. For example a channel uploads a high number of NBA highlights each days, so that "Meine Abos" is full of it.
3) I would like to be able to disable navigation entries like "Mein Kanal" or "Liked videos". Or at least to change the list position (for example to set "ABOS" top the top of the list).

I hope it's more clear now.
Thanks bromix for this addon!

On alpha 25, I'm getting error when trying to navigate to second page of watch later. "Exception in ContentProvider, Unknown kind '' "
The first page is working fine.

There is a chance that this was also caused by the OpenElec update to 5.0 beta 5, since the addon and OpenElec was updated about the same time.

On the log I see:
Code:
12:13:35 T:140693690369792  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:13:36 T:140693690369792   ERROR: [plugin.video.bromix.youtube] Unknown kind ''
12:13:40 T:140695625783168   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/channel/mine/playlist/WLNShXVG1rmA7fwF8_Pg_4hw/?page=2&page_token=CDIQAA
12:13:40 T:140695625783168   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/channel/mine/playlist/WLNShXVG1rmA7fwF8_Pg_4hw/?page=2&page_token=CDIQAA) failed
12:13:40 T:140693690369792  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
(2014-11-30, 03:12)jonib Wrote: Just tried alpha25 and the "What to watch" seems to be mostly German videos, problem is I'm not German or in Germany. :grin: So there seems to be some German hard coded in there somewhere.
I think there was something wrong with "What to watch" in the previous alpha as it didn't show any videos related to what is shown on "What to watch" on Youtube website. It was a quick look so I might be wrong.:blush:

I think I'm seeing the same issue, most of my what to watch videos are suddenly german. With the same youtube account on my PC, there is not any german videos on the what to watch list.

I'm from Finland, if that has anything to do with it...
Hi bromix, with the older version of your addon that used the old youtube API, I used to be able to fill a dynamic list with music videos of a given artist using this content tag.

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?action=search&amp;query=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Artist)]</content> 

How would I format the content tag to do the same with the newer version? thanks.
(2014-11-30, 03:12)jonib Wrote: Hi bromix.
(2014-11-30, 02:21)bromix Wrote: 1.0.0~alpha25 (2014-10-29)
Just tried alpha25 and the "What to watch" seems to be mostly German videos, problem is I'm not German or in Germany. Big Grin So there seems to be some German hard coded in there somewhere.
I think there was something wrong with "What to watch" in the previous alpha as it didn't show any videos related to what is shown on "What to watch" on Youtube website. It was a quick look so I might be wrong.Blush

jonib

(2014-11-30, 12:41)cgx_ Wrote:
(2014-11-30, 03:12)jonib Wrote: Just tried alpha25 and the "What to watch" seems to be mostly German videos, problem is I'm not German or in Germany. Big Grin So there seems to be some German hard coded in there somewhere.

I think I'm seeing the same issue, most of my what to watch videos are suddenly german. With the same youtube account on my PC, there is not any german videos on the what to watch list.

I'm from Finland, if that has anything to do with it...

Awesome...Kodi/XBMC returns en_DE if you set English (UK/US) and Central Europe. This means we need an additional setting in the addon to set the operating region (and maybe override the language). I will disable this behavior in the next update because the fix for that needs more time Smile and something similar provides the other addon too.

(2014-11-30, 08:38)alibaba011 Wrote: [quote='jonib' pid='1849200' dateline='1417309940']

I dont see any german. My region is Canada. This is what i see:

Can i request to play playlist channel or user by calling the plugin from outside. Just like you did with individual video:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/play/?video_id= +  youtubeID+/

But take your time. No pressure.

Thanks for the great plugin

I like the idea Smile I put this in the issue tracker for a later update. Thanks for you feedback.
(2014-11-30, 12:25)cgx_ Wrote: Thanks bromix for this addon!

On alpha 25, I'm getting error when trying to navigate to second page of watch later. "Exception in ContentProvider, Unknown kind '' "
The first page is working fine.

There is a chance that this was also caused by the OpenElec update to 5.0 beta 5, since the addon and OpenElec was updated about the same time.

On the log I see:
Code:
12:13:35 T:140693690369792  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:13:36 T:140693690369792   ERROR: [plugin.video.bromix.youtube] Unknown kind ''
12:13:40 T:140695625783168   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/channel/mine/playlist/WLNShXVG1rmA7fwF8_Pg_4hw/?page=2&page_token=CDIQAA
12:13:40 T:140695625783168   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/channel/mine/playlist/WLNShXVG1rmA7fwF8_Pg_4hw/?page=2&page_token=CDIQAA) failed
12:13:40 T:140693690369792  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
Mhmm...I look into this for the next update. Thanks for your feedback.

(2014-11-30, 12:53)woodside Wrote: Hi bromix, with the older version of your addon that used the old youtube API, I used to be able to fill a dynamic list with music videos of a given artist using this content tag.

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?action=search&amp;query=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Artist)]</content> 

How would I format the content tag to do the same with the newer version? thanks.

This should work.
PHP Code:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Artist)]</content> 
(2014-11-30, 11:38)namtih Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 22:57)bromix Wrote: Option 1: I wouldn't do that. Why complicate the settings and separate options? This would also mean I should separate the option for the page per items for channels, playlists and so. From my experience as PM and developer I wouldn't do that.

1) I mean the navigation entry "Meine Abos". When you have subscribed to many channels a setting of 50 could be too small to show all new videos. But with a setting of 50 it would load a lot of old videos when I browse through the channels. So I think it would be nice to separate both settings to be able to set a high setting for "Meine Abos" and a low setting for "ABOS".
2) It's also about "Meine Abos". I would like to be able to deselect some subscribed channels for this list as I don't want to have it in this list. For example a channel uploads a high number of NBA highlights each days, so that "Meine Abos" is full of it.
3) I would like to be able to disable navigation entries like "Mein Kanal" or "Liked videos". Or at least to change the list position (for example to set "ABOS" top the top of the list).

I hope it's more clear now.

1) This is more an individual choice of workflow. But sorry no. This is the result based on the APIv2 and same result you get on the webpage. So you have to configure your channels on your YouTube account and not the other way around. With my test account a get old videos too, yes...but that's YouTube and also the result on the webpage.
2) Same here. The result is based on the APIv2 and the same like on the webpage. I won't start filtering default API-behaviors. Especially where start and end such feature requests? I can't even filter channels here, because I don't know the channels at this point, I only call a method of APIv2 to retrieve all uploaded videos of the channels (like on the webpage - the result should be the same). And If so, the request would be slowing down everything because I have to send first a request for all the subscribed channels of the user (think about some one has 200 or more subs. would result in at least 4 requests only for the channels Ids because the APIv3 only support up to 50 results (max)...than where should I provide the filter options?) and after that a request to get all uploaded videos of each channel (again based on APIv3 4 request to get the id of each channels playlist for uploads and again 4 for requests to get the videos. To complicated at the end. So we end up in 12 requests (minimum) only to filter uploaded videos.

3) Yes! Smile I can provide something to disable/don't show settings...the result will also move "ABOS" up, so sorting wouldn't be need here, because this would (like 1-2) complicate the addon at the end for simple tasks.

Please don't be mad at me, but there are thinks I can't agree with (for now), because of usability, development time and performance.
I sat down and played with Alpha 25 for a long time tonight and took some notes. I'd like to start by saying this addon is amazing so far and I am not complaining at all. This is just a lot of things I would like to see in the addon to make it "perfect" and meant to be some food for thought.

1) Auto View - I know this is on the to do list, but obviously it would be huge. For best results, the addon should have several veiws: Videos, Channels, Playlists and Default/Lists.
2) Ability to dislike videos as well as like
3) Icons/Thumbs - The addon should have all icons in multiple sizes, so that when the skin calls for a 16:9 thumb as opposed to a fanart or whatever, it fits all views in all skins. Not sure if this is really workable, as I don't really know how skins call for these images, but it would be amazing.
4) The ability to create playlists and to add videos to playlists
5) Is it possible to make boolean expressions work in search? I would love to be able to narrow results by searching for p[hrases in quotes, or to search with things like: -whatever
6) Under "My Subscriptions", I would like it if only unwatched videos would show up. Maybe an option to toggle "hide watched videos in subscriptions"? Obviously we could still watch any of our subscriptions from the "subscriptions" section, but then "My Subscriptions" would be more like a watchlist
7) Liking videos in the addon does not make them show up in "Liked Videos" section
8) Currently "History" section doesn't seem to save anything. Is this supposed to be recently viewed videos?

Sorry so long. Let me know what you think. Keep up the good work Bromix.
(2014-11-30, 15:39)dkplayaclub Wrote: 6) Under "My Subscriptions", I would like it if only unwatched videos would show up. Maybe an option to toggle "hide watched videos in subscriptions"? Obviously we could still watch any of our subscriptions from the "subscriptions" section, but then "My Subscriptions" would be more like a watchlist
You can use XBMC/Kodis view setting to show All/Watched/Unwatched.

jonib
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
I know, it just gets to be a pain because there is no way to have it work only on specific lists only. Then I am forced to toggle it on and off each time I enter a new area in XBMC. Having it as an option in the addon would make it automatic.

Also, I just looked inside the addon again and I noticed that videos don't seem to be marked as watched within the addon anyways, which may make things difficult either way. Or it may just be another feature to request Smile
It also strikes me that if the addon is not marking videos as watched in YouTube, that might explain why History doesn't seem to track anything.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20