• 6(current)
Kodi Animation thread
Considering my screen is black before Kodi is loaded, I like it a lot more with the black to white transition. Whichever version of samfisher's animation is selected, I just hope I have the option to customize my Kodi to use that mp4 he uploaded for us. It's already perfect.
I made a few changes to Samfishers to what i like. image 54 and 55 transition isnt perfect http://eeeeeeeeeeeeeee.imgur.com/all/ Not sure how to post a gif.Tried to drag it to this post but no go
Zotac Zbox id41 Intel Atom d525 nm10 1.8ghz openelec
(2014-11-30, 01:33)eoghan Wrote: I made a few changes to Samfishers to what i like. image 54 and 55 transition isnt perfect http://eeeeeeeeeeeeeee.imgur.com/all/ Not sure how to post a gif.Tried to drag it to this post but no go

not publicly available dude
fixed(ihope). Just set it up
Zotac Zbox id41 Intel Atom d525 nm10 1.8ghz openelec
Hard to get to link but nice speedy improvement on Sam Fisher's original. Total kudos to Sam Fisher and also total kudos to eoghan +1 for me.

Slick and imprinted on brain
Crazy idea here, but what if the startup was broken into 2-3 sections.

1) Initial XBMC Startup... Nothing is initialized, it's merely an indication the app is starting
2) Indeterminate loading animation
3) Loading complete animation

In context of samfisher's example:

1) Black to blue to white bg transition
2) Indeterminate spinning block
3) Once loaded the intro would be the reveal of the kodi logo

Splitting the animations would basically make the animation length more tied to a programmatic process, such that an animation won't hold up the overall loading screen vs an animator deciding to make a 10 second animation.

Animators/customizers should have the ability to use only 1 or all 3 states of loading progress.

Again, just a thought.

Been dying for an animated splash forever now!
(2014-11-28, 15:53)samfisher Wrote: Here's something from me. I liked the rotation of the 1st one so I did something similar for the intro, then made an X appears and transforms to K. Smile

Had to cut out a part of the animation, original one is longer and 1080p.

First of all, thank you for sharing your talent, samfisher! Amazing work. I like your animation very much. And I like Kodi logo and the name too. Great changes been here here lately, thank you team kodi!

Some comments about your animation: I find the very first second a bit bulky... the zoom in the beginning, where the square is rotating and getting bigger, is not as professional as the rest of the animation that is pure perfection. Maybe the first second could be excluded and the animation would start with the splashing and rotating x or then just with the splashing x... or then just shorter the square rotation time.

Like how eoghan modified samfisher's version was quite nice. But now when I look it more, I find eoghan's version a bit restless and hasty. Perhaps there should be a short "warm up" before the big splash. Something between samfisher's and eoghan's versions.

(2014-11-29, 00:22)Ned Scott Wrote: Can you post the movie version somewhere like youtube? I want to try it with Cinema Experience Smile

Me too! Would love to have a 1080p video version of Kodi logo when cinema experience starts. And the longer the better. So if this project produces videos, please pm me or post a link in this thread if there's any change to download them. Maybe another thread should be started for that to avoid off topic.
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
The unfolding of the logo is great. Add the gamecube boot music to that and it would be golden Smile
Animation is cool, but I'm wondering what it would look like with the second half not being on a white background but staying on a black backgound?

As it currently stands Confluence is a 'black' skin, so with this animation we would start at black, transition prettily to pure white and then jar back to black when Kodi is ready.

Just my 2c...
(2014-11-30, 11:50)weirdinin Wrote: Some comments about your animation: I find the very first second a bit bulky... the zoom in the beginning, where the square is rotating and getting bigger, is not as professional as the rest of the animation that is pure perfection. Maybe the first second could be excluded and the animation would start with the splashing and rotating x or then just with the splashing x... or then just shorter the square rotation time.

Like how eoghan modified samfisher's version was quite nice. But now when I look it more, I find eoghan's version a bit restless and hasty. Perhaps there should be a short "warm up" before the big splash. Something between samfisher's and eoghan's versions.

Thanks, very good comment. Yeah I agree on the beginning, I didn't know how to start the animation, but now I think I have an idea that I want to try Smile
How about something that zooms in from the edges, maybe combining the black-to-white transition - so you'd almost have something implode and then 'big bang' to the Kodi logo.

Whatever, I still bow down to what other people can do with some pencils, a vision and the right software. I'd barely get past a stickman running in the corner of the page...
Something simple, just under 3s long and 1920x1080@30fps

Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2014-11-29, 19:54)topfs2 Wrote: This length of the animation could be a really nice boot animation. So it migth actually be beneficial to add extra animations after which could be the app load animation (something which is repeatable and less fancy)

I prefer a boot animation (that starts outside of kodi) rather than an intro animation from within kodi.
The boot video can be longer and tuned to the boot time.

I've hacked a boot video into OpenELEC on Pi using Sam's original video and it looks pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgrLU6lr8bw

The video plays in parallel with boot and doesn't really slow down the boot process.
(2014-11-30, 18:46)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 19:54)topfs2 Wrote: This length of the animation could be a really nice boot animation. So it migth actually be beneficial to add extra animations after which could be the app load animation (something which is repeatable and less fancy)

I prefer a boot animation (that starts outside of kodi) rather than an intro animation from within kodi.
The boot video can be longer and tuned to the boot time.

I've hacked a boot video into OpenELEC on Pi using Sam's original video and it looks pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgrLU6lr8bw

The video plays in parallel with boot and doesn't really slow down the boot process.

@Dom and @Sam,

Perfect!! 10 thumbs up!
@popcornmix - how did you do that?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Animation thread8