• 16(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
strange that both rockchip and an allwinner boxes suffer from the same bug. Wonder if its a bug in the android OS then.
Hey, guys.
The 3D iso stuttering problem is very likely to be solved in this week, and we will release the first official version of VidOn XBMC (Gotham) if it could pass all tests.
We are sorry for the inconvenience and all of our developers now are working to fix these problems.
Because of the buffering issue, my $69 device is collecting dust for now.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2014-12-01, 06:38)movie78 Wrote: Because of the buffering issue, my $69 device is collecting dust for now.

I ordered OpenHour then canceled to order VidOn to replace my RPi after seeing negative reviews on both Sybas and its new device. I don't have 3D video files but some BD rip files are quite large (~20Gb each). VidOn buffers like crazy on these large files (every minutes or so) & crashes occasionally making me want to smash it many times. Hopefully they can fix it in the next release. Otherwise, I have to remove all large video files & keeps 720p movies only and live happily with OpenElec on RPi.
Hey Wolly

Unable to get True-HD to play on my Yamaha RXS600.

I have updated to the latest SDK 1.2 and have tried both VidOn XBMC and the latest Gotham.
When I play a True-HD movie with HDMI passthrough enabled I get no sound.
Turn off passthrough and it output PCM.

File tested : hd_dts_hd_master_audio_sound_check_5_1_lossless-DWEU (1).m2ts

I have checked all the audio settings in XBMC and passthrough is set to HDMI.

This was the main reason I purchased this device, Wolly any update on the handshake issue's some of us are experiencing with certain AVR's.
Logfile sent 28/112014
Just to rule out any HDMI handshaking issues (which VidOn has with some AVR's), have you also enabled HDMI and passthrough in VidOn's settings tab?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Yes enabled HDMI passthrough on the Vidon box. Spent quite a bit of time on this and its only True-hd etc that does not produce any audio.
Every other format plays without issue's.

Hopefully Wolly will respond with a reply to those of us who are having avr HD audio Issue's.
(2014-12-01, 06:14)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: Hey, guys.
The 3D iso stuttering problem is very likely to be solved in this week, and we will release the first official version of VidOn XBMC (Gotham) if it could pass all tests.
We are sorry for the inconvenience and all of our developers now are working to fix these problems.
Lets see if network playback of ISO images will also be solved. ISO images can't be currently used over network.
(2014-12-01, 12:49)stewfo Wrote: Hey Wolly

Unable to get True-HD to play on my Yamaha RXS600.

I have updated to the latest SDK 1.2 and have tried both VidOn XBMC and the latest Gotham.
When I play a True-HD movie with HDMI passthrough enabled I get no sound.
Turn off passthrough and it output PCM.

File tested : hd_dts_hd_master_audio_sound_check_5_1_lossless-DWEU (1).m2ts

I have checked all the audio settings in XBMC and passthrough is set to HDMI.

This was the main reason I purchased this device, Wolly any update on the handshake issue's some of us are experiencing with certain AVR's.
Logfile sent 28/112014
Hi, stewfo
Please make sure you have enabled HDMI Passthrough in VMC and VidOn XBMC.
And make sure you have enabled "TrueHD capable receiver" in the list.

If you have done all I said, then it may be the compatibility problem, which is to be solved in the new VidOn XBMC (Gotham).
Hi Wolly

At work just now so will check later but where do i check this:

"Please make sure you have enabled HDMI Passthrough in VMC"

HDMI passthrough is enabled in "Settings" - "Audio"
Back to home screen, navigate to Settings, then choose Audio, and you can see it clearly, just check HDMI and Passthrough in that page.
Thats already checked, so it must be a compatibility problem, I have already tested it with Vidon XBMC (Gotham) and it still does not work.

Are you saying this will be fixed in Gotham final release? ( "which is to be solved in the new VidOn XBMC (Gotham)" )

When is Gotham final going to be released?
Since we have migrated to Gotham, so all work will be based on Gotham, and all problems will be solved on VidOn XBMC (Gotham). The problem may not be solved in the first official version but this problem also has a high priority.
Why spend time on Gotham when Kodi Helix RC is here?
Just seeing these posts, just like with Open Hour ... ignoring the devs ... I'm glad i got a perfect running Raspberry Pi and don't 'need' another product very soon Big Grin
LG 77G1 • Onkyo TX-RZ70 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i A:QI65C • 2x BK Elec XXLS400-DF
Vero V (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) • Sony UBP-X800M2 • Sony PlayStation 5
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3