• 185(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
(2014-11-29, 05:56)exobuzz Wrote: Thanks.

The existing "BuZz" in there is me btw Smile

I thought that was endobuzz (I should have made the connection) Blush
(2014-11-29, 05:21)mentat Wrote: I wish this forum allowed me to +1 or +thanks or +karma for this excellent work!

That's exactly what the +/- button does next to PM and FIND. Wink
An issue from this morning, it seems like your cached iplayer listings feed is offline (infact it seems like the whole domain is offline) however the plugin doesnt automatically fall back to loading the data from the BBC directly.

I've had to go in and disable the listings cache manually and then stuff loads.

Perhaps it should do this automatically? If your cache times out then perhaps display some sort of notification and automatically default to using the BBC source instead? Anything that improves "WAF" makes the the whole thing nicer/smoother and more friendly all around!
maybe it should. but it's unlucky we are down - http://status.mythic-beasts.com/ - note that this code is all very new also, I'm sure it will improve as it gets developed further. In the meantime, do as you are doing (disabling the cache). I may mirror the data elsewhere and have it fall back to a second location.

patches welcome of course !

Much more important than the iplayer feeds is that my other sites are offline Smile
It all seems to be working well again.Big Grin

Good work.Big Grin
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
I've just installed this. It seems to be mostly working, but it doesn't have all the programmes that the iplayer website has, and a lot of the dates look to be wrong.

It has last Sunday's "Strictly Come Dancing: Series 12: Week 9 Results", showing as "aired 11/23/2014" which is correct.
But yesterday's "Strictly Come Dancing: Series 12: Week 10" says "aired 11/21/2014", instead of November 29th. And the previous couple of weeks' episodes, which are on the iplayer website, are not available.

I'm running xbmc 12..3.1, which admittedly is a little old (it's from debian-multimedia repo for wheezy). Might that be causing the problems? I can see that the plugin is under very active development at the moment (which is great).
The date field I was using doesn't always seem to be the best choice. I'll maybe use one of the other fields - there are some other fields I could use as priority if they are there. I'll have a play. In regards to missing episodes, blame the BBC who limit the amount of data available from this API.

Before when we were using the RSS fields, the BBC recently limited the amount of data in them too. The situation may chance when the Nitro API is available, or if I add some scraping to my data cache (which is a WIP).
Ah, that makes sense since I later noticed that iPlayer on the XBox360 had the same limit on the range of available programmes.

Does the limitation affect what you can view, or only the listings? I was wondering if there was some workaround to watch a programme that's not in the listing, by giving it the URL or something.
(2014-12-01, 11:28)AndrewMcG Wrote: I was wondering if there was some workaround to watch a programme that's not in the listing, by giving it the URL or something.

There is a utility available called Get iPlayer. If something isn't listed you can just give it the website URL and it'll download it for you.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Since Nitro I'm experiencing crashes but finding it hard to pin down.

On Openelec 4.97.1 (Helix) I get a total freeze in this scenario - system is up, iPlayer launched, select categories, factual, head down the list and when I select an item to play nothing happens so I have to hard reset the Pi I'm running it on.

Problem is I don't know if this is a Helix issue or an iPlayer issue. Before I start going into the logs, is anyone else experiencing freezing issues please?
(2014-12-03, 22:06)laptopu Wrote: Since Nitro I'm experiencing crashes but finding it hard to pin down.

On Openelec 4.97.1 (Helix) I get a total freeze in this scenario - system is up, iPlayer launched, select categories, factual, head down the list and when I select an item to play nothing happens so I have to hard reset the Pi I'm running it on.

Problem is I don't know if this is a Helix issue or an iPlayer issue. Before I start going into the logs, is anyone else experiencing freezing issues please?

I'm running Rasbmc and no freezing.
(2014-12-03, 22:06)laptopu Wrote: Since Nitro I'm experiencing crashes but finding it hard to pin down.

I am also running OpenELEC (4.97.1) on RPi.arm (Model B) and was experiencing freezing and XBMC/KODI restarts until I made the following changes:

1. I used the OpenELEC RPi Config (http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...config-txt) to set Overlocking (Preset) Turbo, force_turbo, Video, hdmi_force_hotplug, disable_overscan) and Misc, gpu_mem_512 = 256 (GPU memory could be set a bit higher, but I chose to remain conservative).

2. I created an advancedsettings.xml in userdata as follows:

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

After making these changes, I can watch high quality BBC and ITV streams without any stuttering, freezing, or restarts.
Thanks for the reply. In honesty I'm a bit hesitant about overclocking, my Pi (model B 512mb like you too) has always performed fine if a little slow occasionally but never any real problems.

I have been through the log and there's nothing obvious and also no patterns to it I have noticed. The log stops abruptly, it acknowledges I press the arrow keys to navigate to my selection but when I press OK on my remote to select it, the screen freezes and the logging halts - as you can see below the time isn't even fully logged as the freeze is so abrupt.

22:28:39 10598.086914 T:3042926592 DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 10574876:193 0 KEY_CHANNELDOWN_UP devinput (KEY_CHANNELDOWN_UP)
22:28:40 10

What could I do to fix this without resorting to overclocking?
(2014-12-04, 00:39)laptopu Wrote: Thanks for the reply. In honesty I'm a bit hesitant about overclocking, my Pi (model B 512mb like you too) has always performed fine if a little slow occasionally but never any real problems.

I have been through the log and there's nothing obvious and also no patterns to it I have noticed. The log stops abruptly, it acknowledges I press the arrow keys to navigate to my selection but when I press OK on my remote to select it, the screen freezes and the logging halts - as you can see below the time isn't even fully logged as the freeze is so abrupt.

22:28:39 10598.086914 T:3042926592 DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 10574876:193 0 KEY_CHANNELDOWN_UP devinput (KEY_CHANNELDOWN_UP)
22:28:40 10

What could I do to fix this without resorting to overclocking?

you could try option 2 only...

2. I created an advancedsettings.xml in userdata as follows:

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
How do I get the live local radio working.
  • 185(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13