• 147(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
About the animated splash issue, I think that kodi-splash.service starts too late.

When it hangs, do:
Code:
systemctl stop kodi-splash.service

and kodi starts normally.

Now, try this:
Code:
mkdir -pv .config/system.d/multi-user.target.wants

cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/kodi-splash.service > .config/system.d/kodi-splash.service

Then edit .config/system.d/kodi-splash.service. It will look like this:
Code:
[Unit]
Description=Kodi splash animation
ConditionPathExists=!/storage/.config/splash.disable
# Before=kodi.service
# After=kodi-autostart.service

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/kodi-splash.sh

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

At last:
Code:
( cd .config/system.d/multi-user.target.wants/
  ln -sv ../kodi-splash.service
)
systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl --force reboot; exit

Now it does not hang anymore.

But i think that's not the right solution.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1204

Link dont work.

What I noticed also is that "systemctl stop kodi" does not work from a bashscript anymore. It stops kodi, but then hangs. Maybe it is related to the new kodi animation?
I have retroarch and AdvancedLauncher running on the Pi.
For now I'm back on 1126, which works with the same script.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2014-12-05, 10:05)Mydriaze Wrote: Hello everyone,

I'm new to koi and i'm thinking to buy a Raspberry Pi in order to run Openelec (To be honest, i'm hesitating with a 150 euros devices such the Open Hour Chameleon).
I can't find many information or video on youtube about the graphics VideoCore IV in the B+ version: Is the 25 or 50 gb Blurry running smooth on the raspberry pi and openelec?

sorry if the question was answered 10 thousands times.

Have a nice day.

Come on mates, please answer, i'm the real Kate Upton trying to get some help about 25/50 gb BluRay Iso!
(2014-12-05, 14:23)Mydriaze Wrote:

I'm new to koi and i'm thinking to buy a Raspberry Pi in order to run Openelec (To be honest, i'm hesitating with a 150 euros devices such the Open Hour Chameleon).
I can't find many information or video on youtube about the graphics VideoCore IV in the B+ version: Is the 25 or 50 gb Blurry running smooth on the raspberry pi and openelec?

Have a nice day.

Come on mates, please answer, i'm the real Kate Upton trying to get some help about 25/50 gb BluRay Iso!
Even the pope as well as someone with bigger tits will have to wait until someone comes along with experience trying to run blu-ray iso's before you can get an answer.
Wink

Sorry, i'm not in a hurry, i was thinking that everyone with a Pi already tried to run 50 gb Bluray ISO in order to know if it was working or not.

By the way, i feel you suspicious about my real identity... Smile
(2014-12-05, 10:05)Mydriaze Wrote: I'm new to koi and i'm thinking to buy a Raspberry Pi in order to run Openelec (To be honest, i'm hesitating with a 150 euros devices such the Open Hour Chameleon).

I assume you are talking about raw ISO files, rather that using a Blu-Ray drive?

Yes, I am able to play 50GB raw Blu-Ray ISOs on my Pi with OpenELEC.

It depends a bit on your setup.
If passthrough is supported by receiver it makes it easier.
Playing from a locally attached hard disk makes it easier.
NFS is better than SMB for when network attached. Mounting NFS share from OS rather than kodi GUI makes it easier.
Playing an mkv remux (without reencode) of the ISO makes it easier.
Overclock makes it easier.

You can get away with a couple of above being non-optimal, but if too many are you may struggle.
Perhaps explain your setup and I'll say if it sounds likely to work.
@popcornmix, @Milhouse

Can you try putting kodi-splash.service into graphical.target?

Take a look:
kodi-splash.service
Code:
Description=Kodi splash animation
ConditionPathExists=!/storage/.config/splash.disable
# Before=kodi.service
# After=kodi-autostart.service
Before=fbset.service
After=unbind-console.service

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/kodi-splash.sh

[Install]
# WantedBy=kodi.service
WantedBy=graphical.target

It seems working fine.

Have a nice day.

Generally speaking, BluRay is not a problem on RPi and OpenELEC .
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-12-05, 10:47)Solo0815 Wrote: In the Kodi debug-log there is nothing about the Gamepad, no detection, no buttonpresses, nothing ...
It works in RetroArch out of the box btw
What can I do? Thx in advance

Presumably you have the same problem with the official builds from OpenELEC (ie. 4.97.1 at the time of writing) in which case you'll need to raise this with the OpenELEC developers so that support is added upstream - either post in the OpenELEC forum or open an issue on the OpenELEC github, posting as much technical detail as possible.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-12-05, 12:45)rbej Wrote: New OpenELEC Helix build: #1204

Link dont work.

Seems to be working now?
(2014-12-05, 15:56)slack3r Wrote: @popcornmix, @Milhouse

Can you try putting kodi-splash.service into graphical.target?

What is the advantage of moving kodi-splash to graphical.target when it's essentially a kodi service that is running as late as it possibly can, by which time all required dependencies should be satisfied.

Right now kodi-splash runs after kodi-autostart (autostart.sh) which itself runs after graphical.target, and running kodi-splash before kodi-autostart is likely to have other consequences (wait for network, etc.)

Does adding "Requires=graphical.target" (in [Unit]) to kodi-splash help at all?
hi everyone... sorry if it was asked before is there's any way to download Milhouse updates directly to the rpi?
(2014-12-05, 20:26)thor2002ro Wrote: hi everyone... sorry if it was asked before is there's any way to download Milhouse updates directly to the rpi?

Use the OpenELEC Dev Update addon.
thanks I will give it a try Smile
  • 147(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8