• 70(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Anyone managed to get CVBS working on ATV1200 ?
(2014-12-06, 14:48)belliash Wrote: Anyone managed to get CVBS working on ATV1200 ?

hi belliash with the Nov 13 and Nov 28th Updates that Auxbox posted I am able to get CVBS Output on my ATV400. On my ATV1200 when I installed those firmwares I was getting 480i output on component output. The TV I was connecting to has component connections only. Im sure it should work, why not try it yourself to see if it works on your tv with CVBS output?
So , I have tested the new Gotham img ( 1 ) V. 13.2 on my three boxes ATV 1200 from Geniatech, Cylon , Mygacia. Old img was Frodo 12,3 and i updated to the new one last week. I sharing my database and movies via wired local lan ( nfs sharing ). Gotham 13.2 looks very stable. Only updating from Linux is a little be buggy. I updated 2 boxes very easy without any problem , but the last one install gotham but does not boot correctly. The new bootloader boot up , i saw the new xbmc logo and then a black screen. ( New install and rescue does not work ) Only the two pin tip works.
(2014-12-06, 22:52)bubblefish Wrote: So , I have tested the new Gotham img ( 1 ) V. 13.2 on my three boxes ATV 1200 from Geniatech, Cylon , Mygacia. Old img was Frodo 12,3 and i updated to the new one last week. I sharing my database and movies via wired local lan ( nfs sharing ). Gotham 13.2 looks very stable. Only updating from Linux is a little be buggy. I updated 2 boxes very easy without any problem , but the last one install gotham but does not boot correctly. The new bootloader boot up , i saw the new xbmc logo and then a black screen. ( New install and rescue does not work ) Only the two pin tip works.

The XDA built will not go to recovery sometimes (not a problem with the build it just boots differently). Sounds like the conversion didn't work. Try reverting back to Geniatech then to back android and start again. That's how I fixed one a few months ago.
(2014-12-06, 02:08)bobones Wrote: Any news Kenco? What's the output of the "mount" command from Geniatech Frodo?

I have now reverted to Geniatech Frodo 12.3 and the internal HDD is recognised again. "/dev/sda1 mounted on /media/usb0" Does this help bobones? I am tending to believe that others might be correct when they say that the XDA version simply does not have the required code to recognise an internal HDD as a media drive. I can live with Frodo on this box if I have to
(2014-12-06, 21:33)kashmoney Wrote:
(2014-12-06, 14:48)belliash Wrote: Anyone managed to get CVBS working on ATV1200 ?

hi belliash with the Nov 13 and Nov 28th Updates that Auxbox posted I am able to get CVBS Output on my ATV400. On my ATV1200 when I installed those firmwares I was getting 480i output on component output. The TV I was connecting to has component connections only. Im sure it should work, why not try it yourself to see if it works on your tv with CVBS output?

Great to know that!
Then I got few more questions:

1) Is it still based on XBMC 13.2 or maybe Kodi already?
2) Any chance to get prv.tvh integrated (not pvr.hts!)?
3) Any special steps in order to flash it? Actually I got 1.01 from croniccorey posted on XDA.
(2014-12-07, 15:28)Kenco Wrote:
(2014-12-06, 02:08)bobones Wrote: Any news Kenco? What's the output of the "mount" command from Geniatech Frodo?

I have now reverted to Geniatech Frodo 12.3 and the internal HDD is recognised again. "/dev/sda1 mounted on /media/usb0" Does this help bobones? I am tending to believe that others might be correct when they say that the XDA version simply does not have the required code to recognise an internal HDD as a media drive. I can live with Frodo on this box if I have to

Try these commands on the Gotham box.
Code:
mknod /dev/sda b 8 0
mknod /dev/sda1 b 8 1
chgrp disk /dev/sda*
mkdir -p /media/usb0
mount /dev/sda1 /media/usb0
ls -al /media/usb0

Any joy?
(2014-12-07, 16:31)belliash Wrote:
(2014-12-06, 21:33)kashmoney Wrote:

Great to know that!

3) Any special steps in order to flash it? Actually I got 1.01 from croniccorey posted on XDA.

1) Is it still based on XBMC 13.2 or maybe Kodi already? Yes its still 13.2
2) Any chance to get prv.tvh integrated (not pvr.hts!)? dunno that's something you should be able to add
3) Any special steps in order to flash it? Actually I got 1.01 from croniccorey posted on XDA. - I had chroniccoriy v1.01 and just put the zip file on a usb and rebooted the box into recove and flashed it. worked like a charm.
(2014-12-08, 00:54)bobones Wrote:
(2014-12-07, 15:28)Kenco Wrote:

Try these commands on the Gotham box.
Code:
mknod /dev/sda b 8 0
mknod /dev/sda1 b 8 1
chgrp disk /dev/sda*
mkdir -p /media/usb0
mount /dev/sda1 /media/usb0
ls -al /media/usb0

Any joy?

Nice try bobones. All is well until the mount command, when the response is " mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device" Any other thoughts gratefully received otherwise I'll just have to stick with Geniatech Frodo on this particular box
It could be the required code is not compiled into the kernel and these kernel are pre-built binaries so you may well be out of luck, sorry.
Thanks for trying bobones. I'll stick with Geniatech Frodo then. At least (IMHO) it's still better than running XBMC under Android
(2014-12-08, 06:53)kashmoney Wrote:
(2014-12-07, 16:31)belliash Wrote:
(2014-12-06, 21:33)kashmoney Wrote: hi belliash with the Nov 13 and Nov 28th Updates that Auxbox posted I am able to get CVBS Output on my ATV400. On my ATV1200 when I installed those firmwares I was getting 480i output on component output. The TV I was connecting to has component connections only. Im sure it should work, why not try it yourself to see if it works on your tv with CVBS output?

Great to know that!

1) Is it still based on XBMC 13.2 or maybe Kodi already? Yes its still 13.2
2) Any chance to get prv.tvh integrated (not pvr.hts!)? dunno that's something you should be able to add
3) Any special steps in order to flash it? Actually I got 1.01 from croniccorey posted on XDA. - I had chroniccoriy v1.01 and just put the zip file on a usb and rebooted the box into recove and flashed it. worked like a charm.

ad.2.: I dont think its so easy, because this addon needs to be compiled for specific platform. Then maybe it is possible to integrate it with image? Latest version, that works with XBMC 13.2 is 0.9.3. Newer are dedicated for Kodi and wont work properly with XBMC due to changes in API.
@Auxbox: Could you take a look at this?

ad.3.: Thank you for quick response, I would like t ogive it a try, but I cannot find image from 28th Nov in this thread. Are you sure about it? ;-)
(2014-12-08, 15:33)Kenco Wrote: Thanks for trying bobones. I'll stick with Geniatech Frodo then. At least (IMHO) it's still better than running XBMC under Android

Since your back to Frodo maybe you can test our patch for us.

PM me, I will send you a link for an update we put together to get to Gotham 13.0 on that build (Frodo). It patches the kernel to a more open busy box linux. We are still patching 13.2 but the system links in the software are not easy to move. Can't promise it will work on your box since I don't have one but you can always revert back.
hi guys

i have a cyclone android x2 box. i managed and put gotham 13.2 on it.

the problem i have is that i have to modify the gateway and DNS address on my wi-fi connection and i don't know how.
the router(access point) i am connecting to is not the main router and i just can't get online

also, is the LAN not working. is not connecting or getting any IP.

do i need to load more add-ons to get it configured?

i'm just learning XBMC on these boxes so don't know much about it. i looked online for about 2 weeks now with no luck on how to configure the IP's

and a major question now: can i revert back to android? the reset and power cable is not working anymore. i tried it tens of times with no luck

thanks for all your help guys
(2014-12-11, 14:13)johnro Wrote: hi guys

i have a cyclone android x2 box. i managed and put gotham 13.2 on it.

the problem i have is that i have to modify the gateway and DNS address on my wi-fi connection and i don't know how.
the router(access point) i am connecting to is not the main router and i just can't get online

also, is the LAN not working. is not connecting or getting any IP.

do i need to load more add-ons to get it configured?

i'm just learning XBMC on these boxes so don't know much about it. i looked online for about 2 weeks now with no luck on how to configure the IP's

and a major question now: can i revert back to android? the reset and power cable is not working anymore. i tried it tens of times with no luck

thanks for all your help guys

I assume you installed the Gotham build at #1 on page 1 of this thread. I'll leave others to comment on Wi-Fi but AFIK there should not be any problem with wired LAN on this build. The good news is I have successfully reverted from this build to Andriod using the STVMX_Android_Revert file from the XDA Develpers site here . Please read the readme file and follow the instructions to the letter, or else you may end up with a high tech paperweight.
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5