• 2(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
(2014-12-06, 22:09)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-06, 21:38)pagali Wrote:
(2014-12-06, 21:13)RavenNL Wrote: Also I do think that the fixed list option is broke because it wasn't working for me

I just encountered the same problem with the fixed list option. You're right, it doesn't work.

The Main Menu background images are faded out more than I like also. I imagine it would be hard to make that configurable, but... it sure would be nice.

Overall, though, great strides with this skin for Helix! Smile

Fixed horizontal list setting is working here for the main menu and showcase, poster, logo views. Doesn't make much sense for the main menu though since it's only 3 items (focused item only moves for first and last items). Just realized its not configured for other horizontal views like Gallery and Panel, may try to add it for them. Widgets are wraplist only for now.

Where exactly are you seeing it not working?

Well I was expecting to see it working on the main menu. I really dislike the endless scrolling (wraplist) on the main menu. I control the main menu blind on my remote. Meaning if i press left several times i get the first item movies for example. For me its just easier to see where I am exactly on the main menu and makes navigating easier. The default skin and aeon nox also have that on the main menu and it worked great for them.

Quote:Home screen fanart will stay as-is. I prefer it over putting shadows behind nowplaying, widgets, and date/weather on the home screen.

Think you have to approach it from another way. How many times do you have the now playing screen visible on the main menu. And how many times do you have the normal main menu open Wink...Could be that I don't completely understand what you mean with 'I prefer it over putting shadows behind". But I'm pretty sure you can get the same effect with less intrusive blue overlay but that's just my opinion ofcourse.
(2014-12-06, 23:17)RavenNL Wrote:
(2014-12-06, 22:09)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-06, 21:38)pagali Wrote: I just encountered the same problem with the fixed list option. You're right, it doesn't work.

The Main Menu background images are faded out more than I like also. I imagine it would be hard to make that configurable, but... it sure would be nice.

Overall, though, great strides with this skin for Helix! Smile

Fixed horizontal list setting is working here for the main menu and showcase, poster, logo views. Doesn't make much sense for the main menu though since it's only 3 items (focused item only moves for first and last items). Just realized its not configured for other horizontal views like Gallery and Panel, may try to add it for them. Widgets are wraplist only for now.

Where exactly are you seeing it not working?

Well I was expecting to see it working on the main menu. I really dislike the endless scrolling (wraplist) on the main menu. I control the main menu blind on my remote. Meaning if i press left several times i get the first item movies for example. For me its just easier to see where I am exactly on the main menu and makes navigating easier. The default skin and aeon nox also have that on the main menu and it worked great for them.

Quote:Home screen fanart will stay as-is. I prefer it over putting shadows behind nowplaying, widgets, and date/weather on the home screen.

Think you have to approach it from another way. How many times do you have the now playing screen visible on the main menu. And how many times do you have the normal main menu open Wink...Could be that I don't completely understand what you mean with 'I prefer it over putting shadows behind". But I'm pretty sure you can get the same effect with less intrusive blue overlay but that's just my opinion ofcourse.

You're right about the main menu not following the fixed list setting. Didn't realize that I had fixed that after submitting to the repo. It's fixed on git.

I guess it depends on the use case for the home screen fanart. If I'm not watching a movie, I've almost always got music playing. Once there's a bg behind now playing, there's not much unobscured fanart left. Sounds like there are likely other skins that will better fit your needs.
Really nice work, I like it!

Personally I would like to have an option (or disable) the clock, temperature bar at the top at the main screen, I think it is distracting and would make it cleaner without it. Would also be nice if there would be an option to control or disable the fading of the fan art/backgrounds.
Is this the reNox skin? Looks exactly like it.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-12-07, 02:15)Dwaalspoor98 Wrote: Really nice work, I like it!

Personally I would like to have an option (or disable) the clock, temperature bar at the top at the main screen, I think it is distracting and would make it cleaner without it. Would also be nice if there would be an option to control or disable the fading of the fan art/backgrounds.

I'll add an option to disable the clock/weather display on the home screen. Won't add an option to remove the overlay on home screen fanart, though, see previous posts.

(2014-12-07, 02:21)patseguin Wrote: Is this the reNox skin? Looks exactly like it.

It's the same. I changed the name before submitting to the repo to hopefully prevent any confusion.
Pushed an update to git that adds a skin setting to hide the weather/clock on the home screen.
My git frontend threw me an error this morning that the repository was missing. Tried searching forums for renox but couldn't find it anywhere. Scary shit ! lol but maybe you could add renox in brackets after the title just for a week or so maybe... So people will know about the name change easily? Fantastic skin btw Smile
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

(2014-12-07, 06:28)akya Wrote: My git frontend threw me an error this morning that the repository was missing. Tried searching forums for renox but couldn't find it anywhere. Scary shit ! lol but maybe you could add renox in brackets after the title just for a week or so maybe... So people will know about the name change easily? Fantastic skin btw Smile

Thanks, sorry about that. Smile Searching for "renox" should return this thread and the original renox one.
@bryanbrazil are there any plans to show breadcrumbs in the top left? Currently it does not show if i am seeing watched, unwatched or allvideos and it gets confusing.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
Great skin, if not for the far-too-faded home screen backgrounds it would be my go to skin for sure (they are way too dark, imo). Is there any way to download the logos for movies automatically? Having to use artwork downloader to do it one movie at a time will take forever.

Thank you for your work. Great skin!
Best skin ever, i love it. BTW: How to save skin settings? Want to put settings to my second HTPC...
(2014-12-06, 21:13)RavenNL Wrote: Tried it out for a few minutes and looks promising. However (and I dont want to step on your toes) I personally find the main menu a bit boring. I'm a fanart guy so i configurred the main menu that it should show me fanarts of the movies/tv/music etc which works fine. But unfortunately it is not really good visible if you know what I mean (too much blue overlay) and in my opinion it looks a bit boring because every section almost looks the same.

I perfectly understand what you are trying to do but for me it isn't working.

Also I do think that the fixed list option is broke because it wasn't working for me.

Anyway keep up the good work Smile

I'm really liking this skin, looks very promising. I'll agree with RavenNL in that the main menu is a too muted. For example, I enabled fan art images for movies and the images are too opaque and faded, especially in a dark room. The main menu is the first screen the user sees and it really should pop more. It would also be nice to have the option to control the how opaque the fan art images, e.g, 20%, 40%, etc.
(2014-12-07, 16:29)hunkyn Wrote: @bryanbrazil are there any plans to show breadcrumbs in the top left? Currently it does not show if i am seeing watched, unwatched or allvideos and it gets confusing.

I'll have to see about adding this info to the breadcrumb, I don't use the filtering options.

(2014-12-07, 17:50)JHSandmann Wrote: Best skin ever, i love it. BTW: How to save skin settings? Want to put settings to my second HTPC...

Open up your guisettings.xml. Copy all of the "Mimic" lines over to the guisettings file on your other HTPC. Not sure if there is an easier or better way.

(2014-12-07, 16:50)dkaneva Wrote: Great skin, if not for the far-too-faded home screen backgrounds it would be my go to skin for sure (they are way too dark, imo). Is there any way to download the logos for movies automatically? Having to use artwork downloader to do it one movie at a time will take forever.

Thank you for your work. Great skin!

Rather than run Artwork Download from the movie info screen's menu, run AD from your Programs window periodically. It will download artwork for your entire video library.

(2014-12-07, 19:47)DennisNY Wrote:
(2014-12-06, 21:13)RavenNL Wrote: Tried it out for a few minutes and looks promising. However (and I dont want to step on your toes) I personally find the main menu a bit boring. I'm a fanart guy so i configurred the main menu that it should show me fanarts of the movies/tv/music etc which works fine. But unfortunately it is not really good visible if you know what I mean (too much blue overlay) and in my opinion it looks a bit boring because every section almost looks the same.

I perfectly understand what you are trying to do but for me it isn't working.

Also I do think that the fixed list option is broke because it wasn't working for me.

Anyway keep up the good work Smile

I'm really liking this skin, looks very promising. I'll agree with RavenNL in that the main menu is a too muted. For example, I enabled fan art images for movies and the images are too opaque and faded, especially in a dark room. The main menu is the first screen the user sees and it really should pop more. It would also be nice to have the option to control the how opaque the fan art images, e.g, 20%, 40%, etc.

Don't worry, I hear everyone loud and clear. Wink Guess I'll be the only one using the fullscreen overlay on the home screen. I just pushed an update to git that adds a skin setting to remove the home screen overlay. Instead, the overlay is only displayed behind the widgets when they are visible.

Without the home screen overlay, the widget indicator is hard to see. I moved it to be a part of the main menu. None of my main menu labels are long enough to interfere with the indicator, you'll have to let me know if this works ok on your systems.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Hi,

First of all I would like to say THANK YOU! This is one of the best skins I've seen yet.

Now, I have a small request, if it's possible. When you watch a movie/tv show and you hit info, there is no clock. I would love to be able to know what's the time when I hit the info button (i). Do you think it would be possible to add?

Thanks again!

LE: Oh and another thing. Would be really awesome if I could change the background from inside KODI. The background that you see right when you start it.
(2014-12-07, 20:25)nIGhT-SoN Wrote: Hi,

First of all I would like to say THANK YOU! This is one of the best skins I've seen yet.

Now, I have a small request, if it's possible. When you watch a movie/tv show and you hit info, there is no clock. I would love to be able to know what's the time when I hit the info button (i). Do you think it would be possible to add?

Thanks again!

LE: Oh and another thing. Would be really awesome if I could change the background from inside KODI. The background that you see right when you start it.

Thanks! I don't see a good place to put the time, but I'll keep thinking about it. Do you mean the Kodi splash screen? Skins can't change that.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9