• 3(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
Yeah, I was thinking on that too. The top bar seems to make this harder. Maybe make it smaller and add another smaller bar above, like a notification bar on android phones or you could add it at the bottom above or under seek bar.

About the background, I meant this one: http://i.imgur.com/mkjnnAF.png
(2014-12-08, 00:13)nIGhT-SoN Wrote: About the background, I meant this one: http://i.imgur.com/mkjnnAF.png

Just like Aeon Nox 5, you can go to the skin settings and set the desired background for each menu item. You can also go to the General section and set the default background for each area (Movies, Live TV, etc).

If you'd like to manually replace the default background image with something else, you can find it in your skin folder. It is default_bg.jpg, located in skin.mimic/backgrounds.
(2014-12-07, 19:47)DennisNY Wrote:
(2014-12-06, 21:13)RavenNL Wrote: Tried it out for a few minutes and looks promising. However (and I dont want to step on your toes) I personally find the main menu a bit boring. I'm a fanart guy so i configurred the main menu that it should show me fanarts of the movies/tv/music etc which works fine. But unfortunately it is not really good visible if you know what I mean (too much blue overlay) and in my opinion it looks a bit boring because every section almost looks the same.

I perfectly understand what you are trying to do but for me it isn't working.

Also I do think that the fixed list option is broke because it wasn't working for me.

Anyway keep up the good work Smile

I'm really liking this skin, looks very promising. I'll agree with RavenNL in that the main menu is a too muted. For example, I enabled fan art images for movies and the images are too opaque and faded, especially in a dark room. The main menu is the first screen the user sees and it really should pop more. It would also be nice to have the option to control the how opaque the fan art images, e.g, 20%, 40%, etc.

I second that. Great skin but home screen it too opaque.

(2014-12-06, 21:13)RavenNL Wrote: Tried it out for a few minutes and looks promising. However (and I dont want to step on your toes) I personally find the main menu a bit boring. I'm a fanart guy so i configurred the main menu that it should show me fanarts of the movies/tv/music etc which works fine. But unfortunately it is not really good visible if you know what I mean (too much blue overlay) and in my opinion it looks a bit boring because every section almost looks the same.

Also I do think that the fixed list option is broke because it wasn't working for me.

I'm really liking this skin, looks very promising. I'll agree with RavenNL in that the main menu is a too muted. For example, I enabled fan art images for movies and the images are too opaque and faded, especially in a dark room. The main menu is the first screen the user sees and it really should pop more. It would also be nice to have the option to control the how opaque the fan art images, e.g, 20%, 40%, etc.

I second that. Great skin but home screen it too opaque.
Best skin i ever just and with kodi its flying so fast
(2014-12-08, 00:23)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-08, 00:13)nIGhT-SoN Wrote: About the background, I meant this one: http://i.imgur.com/mkjnnAF.png

Just like Aeon Nox 5, you can go to the skin settings and set the desired background for each menu item. You can also go to the General section and set the default background for each area (Movies, Live TV, etc).

If you'd like to manually replace the default background image with something else, you can find it in your skin folder. It is default_bg.jpg, located in skin.mimic/backgrounds.
I know that, but i was thinking on something easier like in default skin where you choose one picture and it's a background.
(2014-12-07, 20:05)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-07, 16:50)dkaneva Wrote: Great skin, if not for the far-too-faded home screen backgrounds it would be my go to skin for sure (they are way too dark, imo). Is there any way to download the logos for movies automatically? Having to use artwork downloader to do it one movie at a time will take forever.

Thank you for your work. Great skin!

Rather than run Artwork Download from the movie info screen's menu, run AD from your Programs window periodically. It will download artwork for your entire video library.

Don't worry, I hear everyone loud and clear. Wink Guess I'll be the only one using the fullscreen overlay on the home screen. I just pushed an update to git that adds a skin setting to remove the home screen overlay. Instead, the overlay is only displayed behind the widgets when they are visible.

Without the home screen overlay, the widget indicator is hard to see. I moved it to be a part of the main menu. None of my main menu labels are long enough to interfere with the indicator, you'll have to let me know if this works ok on your systems.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Awesome Big Grin
Can't wait to test it out tonight when I get home. But seeing that picture I'm pretty sure I will be satisfied Smile
Hello bryanbrazil! I recently added a link to reNOX in my thread (before the recent change to mimic) since I used some of your views in a mod that I released to others in the Aeon Nox forum. I was wondering if you would prefer me to change the link to mimic or get rid of the link altogether?

Thanks.
(2014-12-08, 16:05)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Hello bryanbrazil! I recently added a link to reNOX in my thread (before the recent change to mimic) since I used some of your views in a mod that I released to others in the Aeon Nox forum. I was wondering if you would prefer me to change the link to mimic or get rid of the link altogether?

Thanks.
Sure, you can update the link.
(2014-12-08, 17:34)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-08, 16:05)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Hello bryanbrazil! I recently added a link to reNOX in my thread (before the recent change to mimic) since I used some of your views in a mod that I released to others in the Aeon Nox forum. I was wondering if you would prefer me to change the link to mimic or get rid of the link altogether?

Thanks.
Sure, you can update the link.

I have updated the link.

Thanks
Very nice skin... and surprisingly enough it is running pretty good on a Raspberry Pi.

One request, not sure if you can change this in a skin. When a movie does not have a studio icon, it puts a question mark in it's place. Is there any way to make it where it is just a blank space?

Thanks.
(2014-12-08, 23:16)sdsnyr94 Wrote: Very nice skin... and surprisingly enough it is running pretty good on a Raspberry Pi.

One request, not sure if you can change this in a skin. When a movie does not have a studio icon, it puts a question mark in it's place. Is there any way to make it where it is just a blank space?

Thanks.
I'm guessing you're referring to List view...

Open View_50_list.xml and look for the following code near the beginning of the file.

Code:
<texture fallback="flags/studios/default-studio.png">$VAR[StudioIconVar]</texture>

Remove the fallback tag to get rid of the question mark image.
Any chance of a custom option for the menu bar sort of like MQ5 does? I like the whole skin but I find the flat bar rather bland.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-12-09, 04:10)patseguin Wrote: Any chance of a custom option for the menu bar sort of like MQ5 does? I like the whole skin but I find the flat bar rather bland.

No plans for alternative main menus, the flat menu fits this skin better for me. You're welcome to create a mod though, there will likely be users interested in an alternate main menu.
Ah, OK I get it. Still, GREAT work on this skin. I hope the team considers making it the default skin. Confluence has gotten old.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Nice work! Two questions for you:

1) Is there any way to disable the info/navigation bar at the top of the screen, that shows the time and media totals in the movies/music/tv shows screens?
2) Is there an easy way to change menu scrolling so the highlighted item is always in the middle and not the far left side on the screen?

Thank you for your time.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9