• 24(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
A little update after the work Smile because I have to go to the gym!

1.0.0~alpha27 (2014-12-01)
UPD: performance improved for auto-removing videos from 'Watch Later' list
FIX: error while navigating to the next page
Any plans to add duration filters? Even if it is done manually(xxsearchxx, long/short), I have always wondered why this was missing in the official add-on.
If I open context menu and use the "go to username.." option, it would be nice to be able to subscribe to a user from their "main page". That way you wouldn't have to manually search them and hope you actually find them again. This should be possible, right?
Also noticed something minor. In results, if I sort by duration the "next page" option jumps to the top of the page. Can it be made to always stay on the bottom of the list regardless of how it's sorted?

Still not sure what's up with liked videos or history not showing up, but it just doesn't work for me so I have them hidden now. I think it may be an issue with login. In the addon settings, I input my old YouTube account info in and it logs me in, but I'm not sure how that works. Logging in to YouTube in my browser is now my Google+ account, not the old info. I can't even use the old info to log in and I can't use the Google+ info to login in the addon. So I have 2 different logins and they don't share likes, history, subscriptions or anything. (I'm OK with that, I just don't understand why I have 2 logins)
(2014-12-06, 18:43)dkplayaclub Wrote: If I open context menu and use the "go to username.." option, it would be nice to be able to subscribe to a user from their "main page". That way you wouldn't have to manually search them and hope you actually find them again. This should be possible, right?

+1 to this. That's the only option I really miss from the other addon. Also an option to set the default view mode to thumbnails.
Hey

Can you add Hungary as regoin, pls?
(2014-12-06, 18:28)spyder Wrote: Any plans to add duration filters? Even if it is done manually(xxsearchxx, long/short), I have always wondered why this was missing in the official add-on.
Nope, sorry Smile Unless you are a master of regular expressions, then maybe I think about that Wink

(2014-12-06, 18:43)dkplayaclub Wrote: If I open context menu and use the "go to username.." option, it would be nice to be able to subscribe to a user from their "main page". That way you wouldn't have to manually search them and hope you actually find them again. This should be possible, right?
Also noticed something minor. In results, if I sort by duration the "next page" option jumps to the top of the page. Can it be made to always stay on the bottom of the list regardless of how it's sorted?

Still not sure what's up with liked videos or history not showing up, but it just doesn't work for me so I have them hidden now. I think it may be an issue with login. In the addon settings, I input my old YouTube account info in and it logs me in, but I'm not sure how that works. Logging in to YouTube in my browser is now my Google+ account, not the old info. I can't even use the old info to log in and I can't use the Google+ info to login in the addon. So I have 2 different logins and they don't share likes, history, subscriptions or anything. (I'm OK with that, I just don't understand why I have 2 logins)

Yes, the subscriptions makes sense.
For the "next page" thing, no. That won't work. The "Next Page" item is a "directory" and as soon as you use sorting of KODI, the normal behavior will take effect => directories are supposed to be at the top, after that files and so on. I have no control over the items after you're using the sorting methods of kodi.

(2014-12-07, 12:14)casual Wrote: Hey

Can you add Hungary as regoin, pls?

Yes, region settings will come, because Kodi has some messed up language ids. So to override the region I will provide settings, so the user will get proper results for their regions (I was always wondering why the other addon has that option, now I know Smile )
I already had the setting enabled based on the language and region settings of kodi. But, for example "English - Central Europe" returns "en-DE". Some one thought that would be a great idea Smile and so some european but non-german speaking users bombed my mail inbox because they got german results (search, suggestions and recommend for you are based on a proper language setting).
1.0.0~alpha28 (2014-12-07)
ADD: subscribe to channel (from videos and playlist)
UPD: rework of handling context menu
FIX: remove next page for related videos (because APIv3 is broken)
(2014-11-26, 13:38)torenvalk Wrote: I made a simple plugin called Youtube Forwarder that substitutes the standard Youtube one and forwards playback requests to Bromix's plugin (or another plugin if you know the path).

Download here

The plugin says script error, can it be fixed?
Thanks for the subscription addition Bromix. Give me time, I'm sure I will find something else to complain about. lol.
Been playing with this so much lately. I've forgotten exactly how much time can be wasted on YouTube, but even more so I've forgotten how much actually good content there is as well. Smile
Sweet addon! Great work.
Two things: 1) I have problem logging in
2) will there be an option for live streaming
Many thanks
(2014-12-08, 04:27)dkplayaclub Wrote: Thanks for the subscription addition Bromix. Give me time, I'm sure I will find something else to complain about. lol.
Been playing with this so much lately. I've forgotten exactly how much time can be wasted on YouTube, but even more so I've forgotten how much actually good content there is as well. Smile

Thanks for your feedback and true true Wink YouTube-Ing can be time wasting Smile

(2014-12-08, 11:36)hacky4real Wrote: Sweet addon! Great work.
Two things: 1) I have problem logging in
2) will there be an option for live streaming
Many thanks

If you have very special characters in you PW, can you tests with something simpler? I don't know why, but the ClientLogin API of Google has some problems with correct url-form-encoding.
I've tested live streams, but I can't get them to work (the same with the other addon).
**ignore this message, i fixed it by unninstalling and then manually deleting the addons addon_data folder, and then reinstalled.**

getting a script error the last couple days...

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=367792

any thoughts? much appreciated
Will there be support for subtitles ?
(2014-12-09, 02:58)thebearnecessit Wrote: **ignore this message, i fixed it by unninstalling and then manually deleting the addons addon_data folder, and then reinstalled.**

getting a script error the last couple days...

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=367792

any thoughts? much appreciated
Something f***ed up the database for caching. Either the disk was full or something killed the main process in the middle of a transaction.

(2014-12-09, 07:34)reggert32 Wrote: Will there be support for subtitles ?

I'm planing to. Is this even working in the other addon? I',m asking because for me this never worked in my tests (compared to some videos on the web page).
(2014-12-09, 11:39)bromix Wrote: I'm planing to. Is this even working in the other addon? I',m asking because for me this never worked in my tests (compared to some videos on the web page).
Subtitles work for me in the other plugin. I don't know if all videos with subtitles work as I don't use them that much.

jonib
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20