Best way to set-up your Music Library
I have all of my music (200+ albums) held on a NAS, in an Artist Name-Album Name (year)-Track folder structure.
This folder structure and its contents is also stored on a PC, so that we can use iTunes for mobile apple devices.

When new albums are added, at the moment, I am adding the new album folder to both the NAS so it can be picked up within the source and to the PC so it can be added to iTunes.

Is this the most productive way of arranging my music collection?
Is it possible to use the iTunes library folder as the source for xbmc?

Any advice would be appreciated on how I can streamline/improve.
MusicBrainz (wiki) tags will make everything nice and pretty.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I'm not sure I'm after another scrapper to be honest.
More of an add-on that will take away the duplication of effort I think, whilst giving it a nice look.

Cheers though
(2014-12-08, 13:54)richjack2003 Wrote: I'm not sure I'm after another scrapper to be honest.
More of an add-on that will take away the duplication of effort I think, whilst giving it a nice look.

Cheers though

this is what I meant to post but was on mobile. follow this guide and you will be happy. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=198670
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
No, not what I was looking for.

Again, thank though.

Anyone else?
I'm sourcing my NAS-stored iTunes Music library for Kodi and it's working just fine. Why are you managing two music folder locations? Wouldn't you just want to keep your iTunes Media on the NAS and refer to it by your PC?
(2014-12-08, 18:35)jasn Wrote: I'm sourcing my NAS-stored iTunes Music library for Kodi and it's working just fine. Why are you managing two music folder locations? Wouldn't you just want to keep your iTunes Media on the NAS and refer to it by your PC?

I think that is the answer I was looking for to be honest.

So, are you sourcing the Itunes library folder, or the location to where iTunes gets the music?
I'm not even sure if that makes sense!! Smile
The "source" is one and the same for me Rich. I keep all of my music on the NAS, so assign that folder to both iTunes and Kodi.

Do you have two locations for your music, identically managed? If so, consider changing that to be just a single location, like your NAS. Go thru the iTunes process of relocating your library to the NAS (best to let iTunes do it for you so you won't lose any tracks or metadata), then assign that same location under Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best way to set-up your Music Library0