• 22(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
(2014-12-12, 03:46)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: No, we didn't delete your topic, the moderator just changed its title to "Please tell us if your receiver can't pass HD audio, here?"
http://forum.vidon.me/index.php?/topic/9...udio-here/

Thank you for your help.

Its friday in China...

What time would it be release in USA?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2014-12-12, 04:25)movie78 Wrote:
(2014-12-12, 03:46)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: No, we didn't delete your topic, the moderator just changed its title to "Please tell us if your receiver can't pass HD audio, here?"
http://forum.vidon.me/index.php?/topic/9...udio-here/

Thank you for your help.

Its friday in China...

What time would it be release in USA?

Patience Grasshopper.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Does the update come today?
Dear users,

VidOn Media Center v 0.0.1.4 and VidOn XBMC v 0.0.0.3 Beta are released!

Release Date: December 12, 2014

Download link for VidOn Media Center
http://www.vidon.me/download/launcher/14...r_0014.apk

Changelog
1. Added file browser, and a Blu-ray or DVD can be played via menu navigation or starting from the main title;
2. Changed the file browsing manner to list browsing;
3. Updated the play engine to improve user experience;
4. Added VidOn XBMC 13 which is available for direct download in “My Apps”;
5. Fixed a problem that AirPlay cannot be used in VidOn XBMC due to a port conflict;
6. Added the Danish language (Danish translation provided by our forum member @hasse61);
7. Added the Vietnamese language (Vietnamese translation provided by our forum member @hoangthanhnt).

Download link for VidOn XBMC
http://www.vidon.me/download/xbmc/VidonX....0.0.3.apk

Changelog
1. Improved buffering situation for 3D playback.
2. Improved playback stability.
3. Improved SMB function for much smoother playback.
4. Fixed a stuttering problem when mounting external subtitles.

Please update the SDK to the latest version asap!

Note:
Please update the VMC to v 0.0.1.4 first, then you will see the icon of VidOn XBMC (Gotham) with a download mark at the right-bottom of the icon. Click the VidOn XBMC icon to download the new version and install it.

You can also only download the latest VidOn XBMC and install it on VMC 0.0.1.3 .
Thanks, will test within the next couple of hours and report back. BTW, can I update OTA or should these be done manually (via a USB stick)?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Thank you sir...
Time to enjoy some 3D movies tonight.

Does the VMC update contain the Media library?

MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2014-12-12, 16:32)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks, will test within the next couple of hours and report back. BTW, can I update OTA or should these be done manually (via a USB stick)?

If you update the VMC to v 0.0.1.4 first then you will see the new VidOn XBMC icon in "My Apps", just click it to download and install it.
But you can also download the new VidOn XBMC into your usb drive and hook it to the box and install it from file manager.

This is the first official version of VidOn XBMC (Gotham) not the final version, we know we still have a long way to go, so thank you, all of you are good guys!

(2014-12-12, 16:33)movie78 Wrote: Thank you sir...

No, this version we added the File Management back. Please read the changelog.
(2014-12-12, 16:43)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2014-12-12, 16:32)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks, will test within the next couple of hours and report back. BTW, can I update OTA or should these be done manually (via a USB stick)?

If you update the VMC to v 0.0.1.4 first then you will see the new VidOn XBMC icon in "My Apps", just click it to download and install it.
But you can also download the new VidOn XBMC into your usb drive and hook it to the box and install it from file manager.

This is the first official version of VidOn XBMC (Gotham) not the final version, we know we still have a long way to go, so thank you, all of you are good guys!

(2014-12-12, 16:33)movie78 Wrote: Thank you sir...

No, this version we added the File Management back. Please read the changelog.

Will the Media Library ever come back?

Thanks!
(2014-12-12, 16:49)movie78 Wrote: Will the Media Library ever come back?

Thanks!

Yes, it will be back.
(2014-12-12, 17:05)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2014-12-12, 16:49)movie78 Wrote: Will the Media Library ever come back?

Thanks!

Yes, it will be back.

Ok Thanks!

Can't wait to test this tonight.
1st bug ... do not download the xbmc from the vmc menu (this installs the 0.0.0.2 beta) , download and install the 0.0.0.3 posted here

2rd bug XBMC doesn't change the UI 3D mode while playing a movie or based on movie name (mkv half-SBS and over-under)

random crashes

but looks like the buffering issue is solved , (and audio sync too)

keep the hard work ... it's not perfect but you are close to it

will do some tests later (I'm working at this moment , so can't watch movies .... )
My VidOn box showed no OTA update, so I did the latest VMC and XBMC Gotham betas both manually. This update is very encouraging...

XBMC will now play (over wired SMB) my bitrate test clips (Birds and Jellyfish) up to 80Mbps smoothly. Before it was up to 60Mbps. It can almost handle 90Mbps. For NFS, as with my Fire TV, I cannot drill down to my shared folders on my NAS. FTV and VidOn can see the NFS share volumes, but not the actual movie/TV folders under them. So, to test via NFS, I used VidOn's file manager (which can browse NFS shares just fine) to get to the bitrate test clips and 3D movie files, and chose XBMC as the playback app. Via NFS, I can get up to 90Mbps to play (fairly smoothly), so a small, but noticeable improvement over SMB.

So, I went back to my 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' BD 3D ISO, which I had buffering issues with in the previous VidOn XBMC beta after the 30-40 minute mark. I skipped ahead to about 40 mins, then let it play. When chapter-skipping ahead, I was getting buffering, so I was already ready for disappointment, but actual playback was fairly solid after that. I didn't watch the whole rest of the movie, but about 15 minutes. No buffering! Great. But, what I did get were a few frame skips here and there. So, I think VidOn is on to something encouraging here, and they need to continue optimizing. Also, if we could (or maybe it's just me) get XBMC to drill down into NFS share folders, that would be better to use instead for that extra headroom it seems to provide over SMB. A small issue is also occasional XBMC lock-ups and box rebooting itself; rare, but there.

I need to watch a 3D ISO from start to finish this weekend and make sure buffering is really gone.
My Family Room Theater
As earlier indicated, the updated seems to address the buffering with 3D Bluray isos after 40-50 minutes (still buffers a bit on chapter skips). Unfortunately it still doesn't play all 3d Bluray Isos - in my testing Avatar, Finding Nemo, Man of Steel and The Avengers 3D which was the same problem as with the earlier version. These work fine on other players
Let me try one of those titles this weekend. BTW, are you able to access your shared folders via NFS?
My Family Room Theater
(2014-12-13, 01:31)woronczak Wrote: As earlier indicated, the updated seems to address the buffering with 3D Bluray isos after 40-50 minutes (still buffers a bit on chapter skips). Unfortunately it still doesn't play all 3d Bluray Isos - in my testing Avatar, Finding Nemo, Man of Steel and The Avengers 3D which was the same problem as with the earlier version. These work find on other players

I have the same problem
I think the problem is the Bluray iSo contain both 2D/3D the player can't make the difference.
But if you rip the main movie 3D,you have no problem.

This just my 2 cent.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3