• 26(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
but when it arrives? i haven't it, i'm on gotham.
(2014-12-12, 13:45)peppe_sr Wrote: but when it arrives? i haven't it, i'm on gotham.

When it receives a YT link from other system to play/forward.

Running Helix latest RC
(2014-12-12, 12:36)rodrigocoelho Wrote: Same error here for the youtube forwarder

Dirty fix.

Grab CommonFunctions.py from script.module.parsedom-2.5.2 and place it in plugin.video.youtube.forwarder addon directory (next to default.py)
(2014-12-10, 04:47)dkplayaclub Wrote: Noticed another thing tonight that might need some looking into. There needs to be a way to hide or filter paid content, or at least mark paid videos somehow (maybe a different color). As it is now, these videos just throw an error, but with no explanation as to why, I would have figured they would only show up in the "paid channels" section, but paid content will show up in searches and there isn't any way to tell if some videos on a playlist are paid or not.
I can't filter them at the moment. The APIv3 provides no separation for them.

(2014-12-10, 19:02)nikstra Wrote: I have installed your add-on and I'm impressed by the speed on my Raspberry Pi/OpenELEC. I saw that get it to remember (or default to) thumbnail view was on your todo list and I'm looking forward to that. One thing that I find confusing is "My Subscriptions" vs. "Subscriptions". I've got it now but wouldn't it be clearer if it was called "Subscription Updates" or something instead of "My Subscriptions" or does the captions come from YouTube?

Keep up the good work!
Yes, look on the left side on the web page or you app. These are the labels used by YouTube Smile and thanks.

(2014-12-11, 19:43)hassuni Wrote: Hallo,
I hope if you can add a features for this amazing addons.
we are Geo blolcked in Germany for livestream and a lot music videos, it will be nice if can do the same features like firefox addons
Thanks a lot
http://www.unblocker.yt/en/youtube-unblocker-firefox/
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...serprofile
Sorry no. If someone has time for this kind of feature, be my guest Smile

(2014-12-11, 21:16)dkplayaclub Wrote: Hassuni, I am assuming that the regions will be selectable in upcoming versions. I have noticed that I get a good amount of German videos in searches which leads me to believe that the code is based on getting results from that region. I am almost positive I remember Bromix saying something about region settings being on his to-do list.
Has nothing to do with the regions. Geo-Blocking works based on your IP.

(2014-12-12, 03:29)dkplayaclub Wrote: Wasn't expecting it to work since it hasn't for me to date, but I tried liking some videos on the newest version and I actually get a "forbidden" error when trying to like a video. Don't know if it helps or not, but here is a log of it happening to me. Smile

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=371298

Also, been having intermittent issues with thumbnails loading very slowly or not at all. It may not be an issue with the addon.
You have timeouts in your log. Something is slowing down you internet connection. The links for the backgrounds (in your log) are working.
As long as KODI is in RC I'll wait with bugfix in this kind of direction, because I can't tell if it isn't related to some known bugs in the RC build (e.g. KODI has some problems with libCurl/CURL at the moment).
Just wanted to say thanks for putting the work into this, an updated Youtube add-on has been long overdue.
One of my annoyances with the default Youtube add-on was the lack of "hide watched", which is annoying when working your way through a long playlist of videos, so the fact this add-on has a hide watched option is awesome!
I hope this becomes the new default Kodi Youtube add-on, even in this alpha stage it's a much nicer and feature rich alternative.

The only thing I would request in a future update is the "download video" option the other Youtube add-on has.
IMPORTANT - NEW LOGIN
This is the mechanism of YouTube TV and should resolve common login issues, selecting the correct account and so on.
  1. Click on "sign in"
  2. go to youtube.com/activate and enter the code
  3. select your account and grand the app access
Example of the login:
http://imgur.com/a/VKnMH/embed#0

1.0.0~alpha29 (2014-12-14)
UPD: new login mechanism (removed the old one)
ADD: translation fr-FR (thanks to roondar)
ADD: manage playlists - create, remove and add videos to a selected playlists
FIX: support cyrillic letters
New login worked like a charm on both my pc's Smile
The new login works really well. Finally my YouTube addon shares content with my "normal" YouTube account. Also, when I like videos they actually appear in my "liked videos" section of the addon. Creating playlists and adding videos to them works great. Removing playlists also works perfectly.
History is even working now, but it only tracks what I have watched in my browser, not from the addon (you said the API doesn't allow for that, correct?)

I would like the ability to rename playlists from the addon if that is possible, but I can't complain. Great update.
As always, thanks you for your effort and I can't wait to see the next update.
Will the Yatse feature "send to xbmc" ever work with this YouTube version ISO the other one so I can remove the other one?
(2014-12-14, 15:23)Crowly Wrote: New login worked like a charm on both my pc's Smile
Thanks for the feedback Smile

(2014-12-14, 16:14)dkplayaclub Wrote: The new login works really well. Finally my YouTube addon shares content with my "normal" YouTube account. Also, when I like videos they actually appear in my "liked videos" section of the addon. Creating playlists and adding videos to them works great. Removing playlists also works perfectly.
History is even working now, but it only tracks what I have watched in my browser, not from the addon (you said the API doesn't allow for that, correct?)

I would like the ability to rename playlists from the addon if that is possible, but I can't complain. Great update.
As always, thanks you for your effort and I can't wait to see the next update.

Great to hear everything is working fine so far for you. History: yes Sad but I'm always testing if there is maybe another way to trick the API Wink
Renaming playlists could work...I put it on the ToDo Smile
And thanks for your feedback Smile

(2014-12-14, 16:18)Smultie Wrote: Will the Yatse feature "send to xbmc" ever work with this YouTube version ISO the other one so I can remove the other one?

Officially not Sad but you can test it with the YouTube Forwarder (Link)
That's quite the bummer...
No way for you to contact the Yatse dev?
(2014-12-14, 16:31)Smultie Wrote: That's quite the bummer...
No way for you to contact the Yatse dev?

Sure, it's possible. But as long as this addon isn't the default addon for YouTube...the Yatse dev wouldn't change the implementation (I wouldn't Wink ) And it's okay (for now).
check your mail please Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Really great update Bro! Thank you for you continues work on this add-on!
The new login works very good on Androind
Thanks Alot fo this great updat
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20