• 27(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2014-12-14, 13:36)bromix Wrote: IMPORTANT - NEW LOGIN

Example of the login:
http://imgur.com/a/VKnMH/embed#0

1.0.0~alpha29 (2014-12-14)
UPD: new login mechanism (removed the old one)

This is the most user friendly YouTube plug in ever!! The fact that you don't need to enter 2-factor authentication or generate an one time password is just awesome.

Thanks for your awesome work. Now there is no reason why this shouldn't be the default YouTube plug-in.
This is the mechanism of YouTube TV and should resolve common login issues, selecting the correct account and so on.

The new login seems to break the official YouTube add-on, atleast I could not start the other add-on at all after I have used the new login method.

I have installed your add-on on a OpenELEC Milhouse nightly build on my RPi. On another SD card I have OpenELEC 4.2.1 (latest stable) and there the official add-on is working. Since the official add-on is working on the installation that I haven't used your add-on on it seems like the new login method didn't change my YT account.

Does this happen to anyone else?

The new login is really nice. I forgot that I have edited a file yesterday and didn't test it afterwards. Your addon is great, sorry for the noise.
One more thing I noticed. Not sure if it can be fixed, but when browsing channels if you are looking at lists of channels, hitting "next page" loads a new list of 50 items, but most of them are just relisted, over and over again. If it would be possible to cut out all the duplicates it would be a big convenience.
I also had a thought tonight while browsing. I know it's not possible through the API, but it seems like it would be pretty doable in the addon. It would be great if I could add playlists to the watch later section. Let me know what you think.
Forgive me, but I just keep having ideas and I'm not trying to criticize, I just love this addon and want to get the most out of it. I also had the idea that a "now playing" option in the main menu would be really good to have, If a video is playing and you are browsing about it is easy to forget where you found the video originally. With a "now playing" button on main menu users could see the info for the currently playing video in order to like it, add it to a playlist, find related videos etc.
I also noticed that in "Browse Channels", the "Recommended for You" section is always empty. I was going to ask if "Recommended" could be added to the main menu, but it seems it may not be working?
OK. I will stop now, before you think I'm just being a pest Bromix. lol
Just saw plugin had updated. Went to watch some youtube on my Raspberry PI and was met with go to youtube.com/activate. I have tried 3 times to activate.Keep getting wrong error code and cant activate.
Im talking about 3 different log in codes.
I just keep getting wrong code.
I have tried all caps letters then small letters and with and with out "-" between the 4 letter codes.
I know I am typing in the correct code..

EDIT" Never mind.I guess 5 time was a charm
Is it possible to download the YouTube videos?
lol. I'm glad someone else had a request besides me. A download option would be nice I suppose. I know of an addon that will download any streaming video, but I don't know if it is allowed to be discussed here. Send me a PM and I will give you the details (probably when I wake up tomorrow, I'm getting pretty tired).
Wow, the new login function works great Smile. Thanks Bromix
+1 for the login, I was really surprised when the original YT plugin rejected a PR for the same function.
(2014-12-14, 18:39)hassuni Wrote: The new login works very good on Androind
Thanks Alot fo this great updat
Good to hear, what system you are using?

(2014-12-14, 20:25)suku_patel_22 Wrote:

Example of the login:
http://imgur.com/a/VKnMH/embed#0

This is the most user friendly YouTube plug in ever!! The fact that you don't need to enter 2-factor authentication or generate an one time password is just awesome.

Thanks for your awesome work. Now there is no reason why this shouldn't be the default YouTube plug-in.
Thanks Smile

(2014-12-15, 03:01)dkplayaclub Wrote: One more thing I noticed. Not sure if it can be fixed, but when browsing channels if you are looking at lists of channels, hitting "next page" loads a new list of 50 items, but most of them are just relisted, over and over again. If it would be possible to cut out all the duplicates it would be a big convenience.
Oh...I look into that Smile

(2014-12-15, 04:19)dkplayaclub Wrote: I also had a thought tonight while browsing. I know it's not possible through the API, but it seems like it would be pretty doable in the addon. It would be great if I could add playlists to the watch later section. Let me know what you think.
It's far far away from the normal API-behavior, but I put it on the list (GitHub).

(2014-12-15, 04:31)dkplayaclub Wrote: Forgive me, but I just keep having ideas and I'm not trying to criticize, I just love this addon and want to get the most out of it. I also had the idea that a "now playing" option in the main menu would be really good to have, If a video is playing and you are browsing about it is easy to forget where you found the video originally. With a "now playing" button on main menu users could see the info for the currently playing video in order to like it, add it to a playlist, find related videos etc.
Can you describe your idea more closely, I can not quite follow Sad

(2014-12-15, 04:50)dkplayaclub Wrote: I also noticed that in "Browse Channels", the "Recommended for You" section is always empty. I was going to ask if "Recommended" could be added to the main menu, but it seems it may not be working?
OK. I will stop now, before you think I'm just being a pest Bromix. lol
Yeah...I don't know what's (not) happening. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I want this to work.

(2014-12-15, 05:14)suku_patel_22 Wrote: Is it possible to download the YouTube videos?
On my ToDo...but will take some time, because first the basics.

(2014-12-15, 09:53)sonic Wrote: Wow, the new login function works great Smile. Thanks Bromix
I thank you for the feedback Smile

(2014-12-15, 13:53)gott_sei_dank Wrote: +1 for the login, I was really surprised when the original YT plugin rejected a PR for the same function.

Really? I wasn't so sure if the community would like this kind of login (but it's the same login for SmartTVs/YouTube TV). It should resolve a lot of issues regarding the login. And thanks for the feedback Smile
(2014-12-16, 00:22)bromix Wrote:
(2014-12-15, 13:53)gott_sei_dank Wrote: +1 for the login, I was really surprised when the original YT plugin rejected a PR for the same function.

Really? I wasn't so sure if the community would like this kind of login (but it's the same login for SmartTVs/YouTube TV). It should resolve a lot of issues regarding the login. And thanks for the feedback Smile
To be fair the original plugin rejected the PR because it removed or broke existing login options. the developers were willing to merge feature if it would still support old methods. Seems quite reasonable to me!

https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin/pull/41
(2014-12-16, 00:44)JasonPell Wrote:

To be fair the original plugin rejected the PR because it removed or broke existing login options. the developers were willing to merge feature if it would still support old methods. Seems quite reasonable to me!

https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin/pull/41

Thanks for sharing...I see (GitHub)...quite some legacy-code it is Sad The alternative to scrape the page is to use get_video_info. This accepts also a user token, so you get the stream-informations of private/restricted/and so on videos.
(2014-12-15, 04:31)dkplayaclub Wrote: Forgive me, but I just keep having ideas and I'm not trying to criticize, I just love this addon and want to get the most out of it. I also had the idea that a "now playing" option in the main menu would be really good to have, If a video is playing and you are browsing about it is easy to forget where you found the video originally. With a "now playing" button on main menu users could see the info for the currently playing video in order to like it, add it to a playlist, find related videos etc.

Can you describe your idea more closely, I can not quite follow Sad

Sure. I mean putting an item in the main menu called "Now Playing". When a video is playing from YouTube, it would show the listing for the video that is currently playing. So it would be almost like getting a search result of one video (the one playing). From this listing you could like the video, add it to a playlist, mark it for watch later etc.
It would really come in handy if you forgot where you found the video because you were browsing while it played. I am sure there would be other reasons as well.
Hope that clears it up. Thanks again for taking the time to answer. If you have any questions just let me know.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20