• 16(current)
Amber for Gotham - Support thread
Hi,
No I do not want to use profiles, because I want this to be:
1. transparent - the kids sould operate it easily
2. Multipurpose - I need to put it on all computers at once, since the kids watch shows both in their family room, and in teh living room.
3. Smart playlist are just that - smart and good, I just need that extra "umph" extra nudge to make it the best...
(2014-09-29, 10:58)alon24 Wrote: Hi,
No I do not want to use profiles, because I want this to be:
1. transparent - the kids sould operate it easily
2. Multipurpose - I need to put it on all computers at once, since the kids watch shows both in their family room, and in teh living room.
3. Smart playlist are just that - smart and good, I just need that extra "umph" extra nudge to make it the best...

In that case, take a look at Aeon Nox as your use case will be better supported.

I won't be adding another script support and yet another set of skin settings in the skin.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

as I said, I think this skin is best, its so simple and fast.

it has the vertical menu, which is the most alluring option for me.

nox is a bit more complicated, and I do not know if it has the vertical menu I need.
I would love to figure this out for this skin...
thanks
(2014-09-29, 11:41)alon24 Wrote: as I said, I think this skin is best, its so simple and fast.

it has the vertical menu, which is the most alluring option for me.

nox is a bit more complicated, and I do not know if it has the vertical menu I need.
I would love to figure this out for this skin...
thanks

I've heard you first time and I'm glad you like the skin. However, contrary to what end users might expect, smart playlists are poorly supported by XBMC as home menu items. Meant as advanced playlists initially they eventually made their way to home screens as a poor man's way of dealing with a lack of support for different sections in video library. This, unfortunately means I need to add lines and lines of code with extra checks to make this work for those who would and those who wouldn't use it. Way, way tedious and time consuming.

Take a look at skin developement forum; you can find appropriate script that will populate shelf items from the playlists. Or use new method of filling up a container with plugin / smartplaylist content, if you wan't to code this yourself. Sorry, I don't have a direct links at hand ATM.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi Pecinko,
Fitst of all, great great skin. The one thing I miss though, and can't do without is my family picture slideshow.
Confluence Lets me create a submenu shortcut.
(I play music radio/Mp3, and start the slideshow)
Am I overseeing something here? Or is it just not possible.

Thanks. And once again, awesome skin. Would hate to go back to confluence.

Picture slideshow Amber
Just had to say this is my favourite Skin in all the years of using XBMC/KODI. Tried Helix out yesterday but couldn't cope without The amber Skin.

Shame it's no longer updated but thanks for the memories Smile I'll stick to Gotham till it gets better skins on board.
@beljim7419: how about this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=203708
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2014-10-24, 09:07)Solo0815 Wrote: @beljim7419: how about this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=203708

Yes thank you. I literally found it a few hours before your post and came to update my post. I'm now back on Helix and enjoying Amber skin. Yay!!

I guess I should revisit the forum index a bit more often and not just rely on my bookmarks.
Amber keeps crashing in PleXBMC-Menu ... Not everytime, but very often
Video runs smooth.
Anyone knows a fix for this?
Confluence with plexbmc is working flawless... no crash yet
hi Pecinko,

firstly - love the skin! thanks so much for all your hard work.

there's one little thing that bugs my family.. it's a simple thing but everyone who uses our system complains about the same thing.

after launching xbmc in "go plex" mode, scroll over to TV Shows or Movies and press "UP" on the controller would expect the focus to be here:

but it always goes to the top left instead:

I'm not sure if it's a design choice or not but if it's a simple fix (even something i can do myself via modifying a file) - it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!
I've been testing this skin on a Raspberry Pi and I'd say that I'm satisfied with the result. Installed this because I wasn't completely satisfied with the movie views in Confluence, but I even find it faster than Confluence (placebo?).

Apart from that, there's a missing "feature" I noticed just after a couple seconds: 3D videos are not flagged as such. I find it useful to distinguish between 3D and 2D videos.

Stereoscopic flags are exposed to skins in Gotham - example for how this is done in Confluence: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/cb38...b7f89c8f0b
SPMC running on a Fire TV with the Amber skin. While a movie is playing in fullscreen and I go back to the SPMC/Amber home I can't see the movie and the player controls in the background but I can still hear the audio, I can pause and start the movie but there's no way to go back to the movie. This works correctly with Confluence, am I missing some setting or is it a bug? Thanks.
This is a great skin, thank you!
I'm currently trying to get the background fanart from the normal movie list view over to the big list. However, I can't find in View_50.xml the definition of the background. Any hint? Smile
(2014-12-16, 01:40)sirmedia Wrote: SPMC running on a Fire TV with the Amber skin. While a movie is playing in fullscreen and I go back to the SPMC/Amber home I can't see the movie and the player controls in the background but I can still hear the audio, I can pause and start the movie but there's no way to go back to the movie. This works correctly with Confluence, am I missing some setting or is it a bug? Thanks.

Ah, I did figure it out. There is a skin setting to show the video player in the background on the home screen. I think that should be enabled by default. Also, if you have a keyboard TAB toggles between home and fullscreen. Just posting for others who are new like me.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Gotham - Support thread2