• 8(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
(2014-12-21, 07:10)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-20, 23:47)asagala Wrote:
(2014-12-20, 19:03)bryanbrazil Wrote: Haven't seen that before on my end, it should show the fanart of the currently selected media. I was trying to think if the background customizer could have resulted in this, but don't see how it could. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Does the same thing for music. Works fine on the movie widget for the homescreen.

Still not seeing it here. Have you tried other skins, and does it only happen in Mimic? Do you get wrong fanart in all three windows (Movies, TV Shows, Music)?

Only happens in Mimic. Using Aeon mq as well and all is good.
Hey bryanbrazil, thank you for that great skin, very much appreciated!!
Just a thing i noticed: Since one of the last updates the translation seems to be messed up a little, at least in german language.

e.g.
-"fixed" is translated into "behoben", which basically means "repaired" (as in "I fixed it!")
-The "working" notification in the upper right says "funktioni" which isn't a german word at all...

Any chance to fix that? Can I be of help there?
Raspberry Pi 2 B / OpeneELEC
(2014-12-22, 15:16)doeppi Wrote: Hey bryanbrazil, thank you for that great skin, very much appreciated!!
Just a thing i noticed: Since one of the last updates the translation seems to be messed up a little, at least in german language.

e.g.
-"fixed" is translated into "behoben", which basically means "repaired" (as in "I fixed it!")
-The "working" notification in the upper right says "funktioni" which isn't a german word at all...

Any chance to fix that? Can I be of help there?
Yeah, I changed some strings and added new ones. This skin will be on Transifex soon, until then you could update the German strings.po on git to match the English one.
(2014-12-21, 15:20)asagala Wrote:
(2014-12-21, 07:10)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-20, 23:47)asagala Wrote: Does the same thing for music. Works fine on the movie widget for the homescreen.

Still not seeing it here. Have you tried other skins, and does it only happen in Mimic? Do you get wrong fanart in all three windows (Movies, TV Shows, Music)?

Only happens in Mimic. Using Aeon mq as well and all is good.
Do you have the extended info script installed? Another user reported a similar problem, see

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=1867647
It's not listed in the OP, but I'm curious if this skin works with the VideoExtras add-on? I know Aeon Nox does, but ReFocus requires an edit to the DialogVideoInfo.xml file to enable full functionality. The edit adds an "Extras" button to the info screen, and this button uses the script to pull extras for that movie/show only. http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras (section 10.3)

I'm not on Kodi 14 yet, so I can't test, but will be jumping over when stable. This is definitely my skin of choice, as it's beautiful. I have previously modified the reFred skin's DialogVideoInfo.xml file to make that skin work, so I wouldn't mind doing it here if needed. But I figured I'd ask first. Thanks for your help, and for an amazing skin!
(2014-12-23, 16:56)Tortuga Wrote: It's not listed in the OP, but I'm curious if this skin works with the VideoExtras add-on? I know Aeon Nox does, but ReFocus requires an edit to the DialogVideoInfo.xml file to enable full functionality. The edit adds an "Extras" button to the info screen, and this button uses the script to pull extras for that movie/show only. http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras (section 10.3)

I'm not on Kodi 14 yet, so I can't test, but will be jumping over when stable. This is definitely my skin of choice, as it's beautiful. I have previously modified the reFred skin's DialogVideoInfo.xml file to make that skin work, so I wouldn't mind doing it here if needed. But I figured I'd ask first. Thanks for your help, and for an amazing skin!
This skin is based on AN 5, which has the extras button on the video info screen. I haven't removed anything related to the video extras addon, so if AN 5 supports it, Mimic should too.
(2014-12-23, 18:19)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-23, 16:56)Tortuga Wrote: It's not listed in the OP, but I'm curious if this skin works with the VideoExtras add-on? I know Aeon Nox does, but ReFocus requires an edit to the DialogVideoInfo.xml file to enable full functionality. The edit adds an "Extras" button to the info screen, and this button uses the script to pull extras for that movie/show only. http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras (section 10.3)

This skin is based on AN 5, which has the extras button on the video info screen. I haven't removed anything related to the video extras addon, so if AN 5 supports it, Mimic should too.
Thanks for the reply bryanbrazil! Since Kodi went live this morning, it appears I'll be busy over the next few days! You could probably add that add-on to the supported add-ons list, then, as AN5 works well with it. Thanks again for your work on this skin, I can't wait to try it out.
Just installed Helix and this theme. My fanart backgrounds have a bright/light blue overlay instead of the color in your screenshots. Any idea how?

The background color is the only change in the the Black-Blue color scheme right?
(2014-12-23, 18:54)Bento Wrote: Just installed Helix and this theme. My fanart backgrounds have a bright/light blue overlay instead of the color in your screenshots. Any idea how?

Is it also possible to change the transparency level of the blue overlay or change that color to black? I tried the Black/Blue color scheme but didn't like it.
There's a skin option to turn off the fanart overlay on the home screen. Fanart overlay in other windows isn't configurable. You can always tweak the colors to suit your needs in the respective [color].xml though.
(2014-12-23, 19:04)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-23, 18:54)Bento Wrote: Just installed Helix and this theme. My fanart backgrounds have a bright/light blue overlay instead of the color in your screenshots. Any idea how?

Is it also possible to change the transparency level of the blue overlay or change that color to black? I tried the Black/Blue color scheme but didn't like it.
There's a skin option to turn off the fanart overlay on the home screen. Fanart overlay in other windows isn't configurable. You can always tweak the colors to suit your needs in the respective [color].xml though.

Got it. Looks better already. I would like to have the colors you see in your screenshots though. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Also. Is it possible to turn off the plot/summary etc. in the bottom of the screen when skipping/seeking through a movie? I find it quite annoying because I can't read subtitles for a few seconds when I skip the video 30 seconds for example.
(2014-12-23, 19:25)Bento Wrote:

Got it. Looks better already. I would like to have the colors you see in your screenshots though. Any ideas what might be wrong?
Are you accessing the forum from a different machine than your HTPC (viewing on a different screen)? That would be why...at least, that's my bet.
(2014-12-23, 19:25)Bento Wrote:

Also. Is it possible to turn off the plot/summary etc. in the bottom of the screen when skipping/seeking through a movie? I find it quite annoying because I can't read subtitles for a few seconds when I skip the video 30 seconds for example.
Can you show me an example where the colors don't match? The screen shots were taken from this version.

Edit: Tortuga makes a good point, may be screen differences.
I am, stupid me... Will see if the colors match when browsing here with my HTPC.
(2014-12-23, 19:25)Bento Wrote: Also. Is it possible to turn off the plot/summary etc. in the bottom of the screen when skipping/seeking through a movie? I find it quite annoying because I can't read subtitles for a few seconds when I skip the video 30 seconds for example.

My assumption is that if someone is skipping forward, they won't be interested in trying to read the subtitles. For now, best option might be to move the subtitles above the osd using the video calibration screen.
(2014-12-23, 20:01)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-23, 19:25)Bento Wrote: Also. Is it possible to turn off the plot/summary etc. in the bottom of the screen when skipping/seeking through a movie? I find it quite annoying because I can't read subtitles for a few seconds when I skip the video 30 seconds for example.

My assumption is that if someone is skipping forward, they won't be interested in trying to read the subtitles. For now, best option might be to move the subtitles above the osd using the video calibration screen.

No way to remove that overlay in some XML file? I don't need to re-read the plot when skipping forward as I know what I'm watching Tongue
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9