• 29(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
So I just tried it again and now it's working fine. Either Youtube fixed it on their end, or there was a problem with my ISP, or my bouncing my chromebox somehow did it. Unclear. Anyway, happy it works.

Edit: Looks like it was my ISP. My super fast 300Mbps download time-warner cable "Maxx". Sigh.

Edit2: Actually I was wrong. The actual problem was when I logged on to my work VPN, it replaced the DNS server, which broke youtube's caching and made it dog-slow. The fix was to add "Script INTERNAL_IP4_DNS="" /etc/vpnc/vpnc-script" to my vpnc conf file.

Ahh, yes indeed. Surely 2015 will be the year of the Linux desktop.
The activation code didn't show on 1080XF skin and i had to enable the default one to do it. But It's probably just a skin issue though because the message box just showed the first two rows.
For Christmas I give you the first beta! Smile (see first post for infos.)

I wish you nice holidays with your family and friends Big Grin

(2014-12-18, 05:00)b2kb2k Wrote: Hi,
Thanks for your addon.

Can you make results filter by length time I decide?

for example :
In setting will be scale bar time from 0 minute to 1440 minute.

if i select in this scale bar 15 - 60
only videos is bigger (or =) 15 minute and smaller 60 minute will show in result page.

Thanks.
Only the following durations are possible: YouTube APIv3 - Seach (Video Duration)
Where/How to show these settings so usability won't suffer?

(2014-12-18, 23:16)rodalpho Wrote: I like to use saved searches like "channels". For example, I play the videogame Diablo 3 so I have a "diablo" saved search. I can set it to sort by date, descending. That works fine on a per-page basis. The problem is that it seems to pick videos to list in each page by popularity first and then once it picks the videos to display, it sorts them by whatever I choose. .

So I'll see 1-2 recent Diablo videos, followed by a bunch from 2013. Then I go to the next page, and I see more recent late 2014 diablo videos followed by more old stuff. And I need to keep doing this.

The Youtube website allows users to filter date ranges, so I can only look at videos uploaded in the past day/week/month/year. Any chance of adding that filtering?
See answer above: Where/How to show these settings so usability won't suffer? If there is a simple solution to implement this I will do it Smile

(2014-12-21, 17:14)marsilainen Wrote: The activation code didn't show on 1080XF skin and i had to enable the default one to do it. But It's probably just a skin issue though because the message box just showed the first two rows.

True true Sad some designer miss the point that the dialog supports up to 3 lines of text *s<jgdfklgösgj ölskj* Now I have to split this into two dialogs Sad
Bromix, I don't know how you got so awesome but don't ever change. Smile

How do I go about renaming playlists? I don't see the option in context menu.
Hi bromix. I really appreciate the work you've put into this addon. Just installed and had a play and I must say that this is just fantastic.

Will be using this quite often. Keep up the good work.
Plus 1!!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi Bromix

I saw your "Remove 'Watch Later' from context menu?" question on github.

I would really hate it if you removed the 'Watch Later' as that is the function I use most and I would even like it if it was moved to the top, for faster access. If you want to remove stuff from the menu I don't think the plugin setting need to be there in all the lists.
I go through my subscribed videos list daily and add any interesting videos to the 'Watch Later' list, then watch all or some after. Maybe I use the 'Watch Later' abnormally much but it works for me. Big Grin

Hmm, is there a way to directly do the add to watch later list, via a command or something, as I would like to add it to a button on my remote control? to make it even more faster, then I wouldn't even care if it was on the menu.

I have more or less moved over to your plugin fulltime as I like how it works and develops. Just some problem with the 'Watch Later' list but I need to do some more testing before I post more.

jonib
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
I am not sure what jonib is speaking of, but please don't remove "watch later". It can already be hidden in settings.
I am still holding out hope that playlists can eventually be added to the "watch later" section in the future.
Thank you Bromix. Merry Xmas!
(2014-12-24, 06:10)dkplayaclub Wrote: I am not sure what jonib is speaking of,
This Remove 'Watch Later' from context menu?.

jonib
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
Great, Great Addon.
Just a little thing,
Now, when you go to playlists, then select one playlsit and press "C" or context menu, there is no options to choose, and it is important to have the option to play it from there, and saves two-three more clicks,
to enter the playlist, then context menu on the first item, then "play from here", and then - in some skin (like the defualt one) you need to do 5-6 more clicks for enable shuffle mode (rediculous)

so my request is - "Play" option right from playlist mode.

Thank You
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Thanks Bromix!! Your Youtube Beta plus Youtube Music put the Party back in my KODI setup!!! Music videos working again in time for New Years...Big Grin
(2014-12-24, 05:34)jonib Wrote: Hi Bromix

I saw your "Remove 'Watch Later' from context menu?" question on github.

I would really hate it if you removed the 'Watch Later' as that is the function I use most and I would even like it if it was moved to the top, for faster access. If you want to remove stuff from the menu I don't think the plugin setting need to be there in all the lists.
I go through my subscribed videos list daily and add any interesting videos to the 'Watch Later' list, then watch all or some after. Maybe I use the 'Watch Later' abnormally much but it works for me. Big Grin

Hmm, is there a way to directly do the add to watch later list, via a command or something, as I would like to add it to a button on my remote control? to make it even more faster, then I wouldn't even care if it was on the menu.

I have more or less moved over to your plugin fulltime as I like how it works and develops. Just some problem with the 'Watch Later' list but I need to do some more testing before I post more.

jonib
'abnormally'!?! no no no Smile This is also my workflow Wink

(2014-12-24, 14:20)tomer953 Wrote: Great, Great Addon.
Just a little thing,
Now, when you go to playlists, then select one playlsit and press "C" or context menu, there is no options to choose, and it is important to have the option to play it from there, and saves two-three more clicks,
to enter the playlist, then context menu on the first item, then "play from here", and then - in some skin (like the defualt one) you need to do 5-6 more clicks for enable shuffle mode (rediculous)

so my request is - "Play" option right from playlist mode.

Thank You
See GitHub. Something will come to play playlists Wink

Thanks for all your support and feedback Smile

(2014-12-24, 03:09)dkplayaclub Wrote: Bromix, I don't know how you got so awesome but don't ever change. Smile

How do I go about renaming playlists? I don't see the option in context menu.

FUUUUUU Smile this feature got somehow lost Sad I put it back in the next update. Sorry Smile
No worries. Enjoy the holiday. See you on the other side.
That first time setup wizard needs to say in the header of the dialog that it affects the Youtube plugin. Now it's just totally unclear
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20