Poll: What's Your Favorite view?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sio2 view
17.65%
sio2x view
41.18%
icon view
23.53%
plain list
0%
fat list
17.65%
fanart
0%
Total
17 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 4(current)
SiO2-X - Helix
(2014-12-08, 07:45)scrolling Wrote: The banner on the home view isn't centered.

by banner you mean the RSS scrolling text?

yep i know, but here's why: (will fix in next update)
I'm trying to make it work with "alternative" font, try going into General Settings>Appearance and change the font to Alternative.You'll notice that the RSS gets fined up on top(same error but opposite!!). Trying to make it work with both fontsets.

(2014-12-08, 07:45)scrolling Wrote: The highlighted portion doesn't fill the full area.

I did that on purpose. Do You think it looks bad? I can revert it.

(2014-12-08, 07:45)scrolling Wrote: When selecting which view to display. The slider for Sio2 View doesn't switch to green.

try selecting a different one and back to sio2, since it woks fine on my side, but I removed a view, so it could give that error

Keep me posted, and thank for your continued support!!!
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
(2014-11-08, 23:45)vandonh Wrote:
(2014-11-07, 23:13)fastcolors Wrote:
(2014-11-07, 19:46)vandonh Wrote: How can I make the SiO2-X view stay in the different apps, I select it but after closing the app, I have the default view again.

I think that depends on the app ( i figure you mean addon ) itself. different apps call for view numbers so they always start with the same one.
A few addons I tested did stick with the view change...

let me explain better.
Skins usually have default view number set as 50 , so in my skin I believe I set 50 to be big List (hence default)

Some add ons when opened call for "view 50" and force that as a default view...

let me know which addons are you experiencing this with.. I may be able to find a workaround.

Genesis looks like it is always defaulting to the Big List, but I want it to stay in SiO2-X view

Thanks

Hello Fast,

First of all great skin.
Dit you figure something out of above.
In my situation, the view is always defaulted to icons (number 53).
In all the addons, so not only Genesis.
I'm using the RC candidate of Helix and the latest versiojn of your skin (3.2).

Can I change it in the source xml files or can you point me to a good direction?

Kind regards and thanks in advance.
(2014-12-08, 16:01)loogie1978 Wrote: Hello Fast,

First of all great skin.
Dit you figure something out of above.
In my situation, the view is always defaulted to icons (number 53).
In all the addons, so not only Genesis.
I'm using the RC candidate of Helix and the latest versiojn of your skin (3.2).

Can I change it in the source xml files or can you point me to a good direction?

Kind regards and thanks in advance.

Thanks, glad You like the skin!

The default skin view is set to be icons, I do believe if you change it it should change when reopening the add ons, unfortunately I can't make custom made version of the skin for everyone, so I figured the default view would be the most used one. (i did open a poll in this thread to see which is the favorite view)

I might end up changing the default view to something different from Icons, if there's enough request.

Of course You can change it Yourself, just edit the MyVideo.xml file changing the order of the views and placing first the one you want as default.
This of course will unfortunately get reverted with every update. Sad
let me know if you get it to work!

cheers.

I have a question. how are you on 3.2 if I pushed 3.1.5 ? Are You using a mod one?

just curious!
Image Image
Hello Fast,

I'm sorry, I'm using 3.1.5 Smile
I'll try your suggestion when I'm at home.
If I understand correctly, when I change the default to "Big List" and an addon is opened, this view will be stored in the database right?
So until the next release is out, I hope I opened all the menus in the different addons :p

What is the first line in MyVideos.xml stands for <defaultcontrol always="true">53</defaultcontrol> (just curiousity).
I did change this, but it didn't affected anything.
I' try to change the viewdefinitions as you said.
Maybe it would be worth a setting in the settings, so everyone is happy and you can skip the poll Big Grin
Thanks again.
(2014-12-08, 16:28)loogie1978 Wrote: Hello Fast,

If I understand correctly, when I change the default to "Big List" and an addon is opened, this view will be stored in the database right?
So until the next release is out, I hope I opened all the menus in the different addons :p

What is the first line in MyVideos.xml stands for <defaultcontrol always="true">53</defaultcontrol> (just curiousity).
Maybe it would be worth a setting in the settings, so everyone is happy and you can skip the poll Big Grin
Thanks again.

If you open all the views and they get stored in the Db, then even with updates, they WILL stick.

the first line, will move the focus to a set default control (53 in this case), but MyVideoNav works differently, and if the view is set to say "50" by the user, or if view 53 is hidden, then the default control gets overridden .

I believe the right way of making a view default is to make it first in the <views> tag.

Hope you succeed in making the skin fit to your needs!!

If I can help feel free to ask.
Image Image
(2014-12-08, 17:02)fastcolors Wrote:

Thanks again.

If you open all the views and they get stored in the Db, then even with updates, they WILL stick.

the first line, will move the focus to a set default control (53 in this case), but MyVideoNav works differently, and if the view is set to say "50" by the user, or if view 53 is hidden, then the default control gets overridden .

I believe the right way of making a view default is to make it first in the <views> tag.

Done, working like a charm!
Thank you.
Now a silly question, when browsing different colours occur.
Does it have some meaning?
For example browsing through movies in Genesis, sometimes the selection is blue, sometimes green and another time red.
This is just for fun or?

Kind regards!
(2014-12-09, 00:22)loogie1978 Wrote:
(2014-12-08, 17:02)fastcolors Wrote:

Thanks again.

Done, working like a charm!
Thank you.
Now a silly question, when browsing different colours occur.
Does it have some meaning?
For example browsing through movies in Genesis, sometimes the selection is blue, sometimes green and another time red.
This is just for fun or?

Kind regards!

of course not!

It depends on movie MPAA rating

if it's green is general public or up to 13 Years
over that becomes orange
and Red if it's rated X or equivalent in some countries

blue means that rating isn't available (not scraped or movie not rated yet)

this system helps visually quickly select what could be appropriate or not during family time.

Wink
Image Image
(2014-12-27, 22:51)nitewulf Wrote: Just installed skin from the repo on a fresh Kodi. My home screen is missing Settings and when i go into my movies, i can't get to the options. Pressing left doesn't do anything.

How would i manually try maybe re-installing the skin from github?

watch gallery

You probably inadvertently activated kiosk mode.

press quit and go to the quit menu ,then scroll all the way to the right. you'll find settings there.
go to skin settings and activate the setting icon from homepage customizer, then activate the menus. ( or just reset skin settings from the same menu)
Image Image
Thanks. Note to self, never turn on Kiosk mode again.

I would like to know if its possible to do a manual install though. On my main htpc Ive installed your repo but no matter how many times i do a Force Refresh and go into the skin directory, its empty. I tried downloading the skin as a zip from github and extracting it into my user data addons folder. I hoped Kodi would detect that it was there, but it didn't.

Any ideas how to make Kodi to show the skin in the repo or how to do a manual install?
After beating my main htpc into submission I got the skin installed and I've been exploring and noticed a couple things.

1. SiO2-X and Icon view do not display numbers of unwatched episodes. All other views do.
2. The black text on dark grey background in the Live TV EPG is hard for my eyes to see at a distance. What would I need to modify to change the text color?
3. I followed the help video to display all shows in the shelf of the TV Guide. However it doesn't seem like there is a way to get focus to the shelf to scroll through all the shows. Is there maybe a keyboard shortcut that would get focus up there?

love the skin btw. Thanks for all the work that went into it.
Hi Fast, since the change to kodi i can't figure out how to make custom backgrounds for the buttons.
On gotham i'd upload an image in your skin media folder and then change a line in the homepanel.xml (<property name="color">icons/movies_atv.png</property>)
But it doesn't work anymore. Can you help me out where to put them? I've also noticed that the spotify thumb is to big now cause the button became smaller.
I'm actually on Si02 and can't get Si02-X to install. It says to contact developer. Something about dependencies not met?

But with Si02 I've just upgraded to Kodi and now when I try to run a search, there are no characters showing int he text window. The upper case, lower case, numbers etc are displaying but where you would normally click with your mouse to pick numbers, there is nothing displaying. I've switched back to confluence and that search is working but really like Si02.

Thanks in advance

Murray

Windows 7
hi fast
so i am now running kodi, and am having an issue on both of my raspberry pis....it is fairly minor but when i go tot he Favorites icon, normally there are 5 shelf items, the 1st 5 favorites (normally my favorite favorites Big Grin)). What I have is just a black area...if I click on the fav icon, then all my favorties are there. is anyone else seeing this? am I doing something wrong?
I am running this

pi@raspbmc:~$ head .kodi/temp/kodi.log | grep -i kodi
16:00:27 T:3038822400 NOTICE: Starting Kodi (14.0 Git:2014-12-24-e044d5a-dirty). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit
16:00:27 T:3038822400 NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x32 build (version for Raspberry Pi)
16:00:27 T:3038822400 NOTICE: Kodi compiled Dec 24 2014 by GCC 4.7.1 for Linux ARM 32-bit version 3.2.21 (197141)
pi@raspbmc:~$ head -2 .kodi/addons/skin.sio2x/changelog.txt
* squash 3.1.4 changes into 3.1.5
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay. just got home from a couple of days of holiday. I will get back to this super soon, and answer individually. Just let me get settled back.

Thanks everyone for the support, and the bug hunting!!!

cheers
Image Image
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SiO2-X - Helix1