• 3(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
(2014-12-22, 15:00)2mvent Wrote: So I have everything installed and working. This is a really nifty app I must say. It combines the best of different worlds, Ubuntu, XBMC, Netflix.

Ok, I have installed xbmc 13.2 on xubuntu 12.04, google chrome deb, added the http://www.alelec.net/kodi/repository.alelec.zip repository, installed chrome launcher and netflixbmc.
The hardware is an AMD A8-7600 apu processor.

But when I play the movies they are choppy. It looks like the framerate is off, or the apu can cope with it.
But if I logout of xbmc, and fire up Google chrome on the Xubuntu desktop, I do get a smooth playing movie.
I have tried this first on an regular Ubuntu, that didn't looked good so I tried a lighter desktop, Xubuntu.

I'm puzzeled what might cause this choppy looking movie. Have I done things wrong?

I have sorted out two movies (in Netflix) with 23.976, 25 fps, but they are both choppy.
(cntrl alt shift D and there is this fps info. I had to do it on another pc though, because this shortcut didn't work on xubuntu)

Do any of you have this plugin working on xubuntu/ubuntu? And do you have smooth playing movies?

The only other thing I can think of is XBMC adding some extra load to the cpu/gpu that's getting in the way of playback, although it's a bit hard to pin it on that as xbmc will run with pretty low overheads on many devices.

One thing that's probably worth trying is to ensure GPU acceleration is enabled in chrome, it's usually off by default on linux, on some playforms at least. Try this: http://www.webupd8.org/2014/01/enable-ha...hrome.html

Also, while a video is running choppy try bringing up a terminal and find the chrome process:
Code:
# ps aux | grep chrome
The top process should be the one launched by xbmc. Close chrome & xbmc then try running the same command (something like)
Code:
google-chrome --start-maximized --no-first-run --user-data-dir=/path/to/profile --kiosk "https://www.netflix.com/WiPlayer?blah.blah.blah"
See if it runs ok without xbmc.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
Hi Corona,

Appreciate your work and have everything installed but every time I click any movie/show it just loads the "working" gif on the bottom right but nothing shows up (on OpenElec). Can you direct me to what I need to do? Thanks!

Lol dammmit. I just saw your comment if it works under "OpenElec: No"

Okay great lol
Great add-on, and thanks for continuing development on it. I'm having an issue adding certain TV shows and movies to my library, however - it doesn't seem to like any episode/movie name with an unusual character (accent or similar), for instance, S3E01 of Breaking Bad, called "No Más". This is the error I get in the log:

Code:
09:58:59 T:3288   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 13: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1116, in <module>
                                                addSeriesToLibrary(seriesID, name, url)
                                              File "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 825, in addSeriesToLibrary
                                                filename = (''.join(c for c in filename.encode("utf-8") if c not in '/\\:?"*|<>')).strip(' .')
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 13: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Running Gotham 13.2 on Win 8.1, tried with the plugin from the repo (1.3.8) and from the github (1.3.9).
ok am i missing something here?:
running osx, got kodi 14, installed chrome, and netflixbmc, and when i click on netfli, it brings up my lists, and shows all movies, now when i click on a movie, it shows the progress circle, and never ever plays a movie,

what am i doing wrong? is it a setting thing? do i need to add in these symbols [netflix] to crome when adding in netflix website?

can anyone assits me? id love to use this app thruout the house as i also have an ouya running 13.2 and an old atv 1, running open elec
The addon won't work for me... I have configured it to use my e-mail and password, but as soon as I try to start this addon, I am getting a script failed! error. See log here http://pastebin.com/FzYE2Rtd

Thanks
First thanks for the plugin. I'm having audio problems left and right (no pun intended!) in both chrome and ie, windows 7 using netflixbmc. No audio, but video plays fine. If I close xbmc and launch chrome > netflix > movie, there is sound. Launching ie outside xbmc gets the same results: ie > netflix > movie, I get sound. Back to xbmc > netflixbmc > movie, No sound (ie or chrome as config in the plugin settings).

Any thoughts? This happens on 2 separate PCs running Win7, both intel and have RealTek on board audio. XBMC set to pass all audio SPDIF to my amp on HTPC, and bluetooth headphones on the other pc. Same apparent problem occurs on both machines.

I hope my new ASUS dgx sound card is delivered tomorrow to test potential pitfalls of the onboard RealTek audio in both PCs, but for now it seams to be pointing to xbmc as the culprit.

Thanks --Bri
(2014-12-25, 19:15)Gremmi Wrote: Great add-on, and thanks for continuing development on it. I'm having an issue adding certain TV shows and movies to my library, however - it doesn't seem to like any episode/movie name with an unusual character (accent or similar), for instance, S3E01 of Breaking Bad, called "No Más". This is the error I get in the log:

Code:
09:58:59 T:3288   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 13: ordinal not in range(128)
                                              File "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 1116, in <module>
                                              File "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 825, in addSeriesToLibrary
                                                filename = (''.join(c for c in filename.encode("utf-8") if c not in '/\\:?"*|<>')).strip(' .')
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 13: ordinal not in range(128)

Running Gotham 13.2 on Win 8.1, tried with the plugin from the repo (1.3.8) and from the github (1.3.9).

I haven't tried adding anything to library so far, but your log should be enough to target the culprit. I'll have a look once I'm finished with the current bits I'm working on

(2014-12-27, 23:43)j2048b Wrote: ok am i missing something here?:
running osx, got kodi 14, installed chrome, and netflixbmc, and when i click on netfli, it brings up my lists, and shows all movies, now when i click on a movie, it shows the progress circle, and never ever plays a movie,

what am i doing wrong? is it a setting thing? do i need to add in these symbols [netflix] to crome when adding in netflix website?

can anyone assits me? id love to use this app thruout the house as i also have an ouya running 13.2 and an old atv 1, running open elec

I should have new version released soon that's had extensive testing on osx. That being said it should already work on Mac, does it give you pop-up saying script error when you try to watch something?

Unfortunately at this stage there's no way to make it work on android/iOS/ATV because Netflix doesn't work on regular chrome, and there no way to run regular chrome from a plugin.

(2014-12-27, 23:45)opeth771 Wrote: The addon won't work for me... I have configured it to use my e-mail and password, but as soon as I try to start this addon, I am getting a script failed! error. See log here http://pastebin.com/FzYE2Rtd

Thanks

It appears to be some kind of ssl error, considering the cert verification is disabled already that's a real pain. Are you using a VPN/DNS redirect to get Netflix? Sometimes they do funny stuff with SSL.

(2014-12-28, 07:30)olsonbri Wrote: First thanks for the plugin. I'm having audio problems left and right (no pun intended!) in both chrome and ie, windows 7 using netflixbmc. No audio, but video plays fine. If I close xbmc and launch chrome > netflix > movie, there is sound. Launching ie outside xbmc gets the same results: ie > netflix > movie, I get sound. Back to xbmc > netflixbmc > movie, No sound (ie or chrome as config in the plugin settings).

Any thoughts? This happens on 2 separate PCs running Win7, both intel and have RealTek on board audio. XBMC set to pass all audio SPDIF to my amp on HTPC, and bluetooth headphones on the other pc. Same apparent problem occurs on both machines.

I hope my new ASUS dgx sound card is delivered tomorrow to test potential pitfalls of the onboard RealTek audio in both PCs, but for now it seams to be pointing to xbmc as the culprit.

Thanks --Bri

Yeah it sounds like xbmc is holding onto the audio. There's settings for this, in settings under system/audio (i think) there a seeing for how long to hold audio open, maybe set that to 0. Also could try under skin settings turning off all skin sounds.

(2014-12-28, 12:14)corona Wrote:
(2014-12-25, 19:15)Gremmi Wrote: Great add-on, and thanks for continuing development on it. I'm having an issue adding certain TV shows and movies to my library, however - it doesn't seem to like any episode/movie name with an unusual character (accent or similar), for instance, S3E01 of Breaking Bad, called "No Más". This is the error I get in the log:

Code:

I haven't tried adding anything to library so far, but your log should be enough to target the culprit. I'll have a look once I'm finished with the current bits I'm working on

(2014-12-27, 23:43)j2048b Wrote: ok am i missing something here?:

I should have new version released soon that's had extensive testing on osx. That being said it should already work on Mac, does it give you pop-up saying script error when you try to watch something?

Unfortunately at this stage there's no way to make it work on android/iOS/ATV because Netflix doesn't work on regular chrome, and there no way to run regular chrome from a plugin.

No it doesnt pop up anything at all, it shows my lists, i choose a movie, it shows the progress circle in the lower corner, then that goes away and ur still looking at ur movie list..... It never allows the movie to start,

I wonder if i have a setting clicked or not clicked that is causing an issue perhaps?
this looks like a great addon. I've installed it on mac os x yosemite running Kodi 14. As soon as i open the addon, and go to input email and password details, the keyboard is blanked off and the text does not enter in to the box. Also i cannot cancel out of this i have to reboot kodi entirely.

Any ideas?
(2014-12-28, 19:32)j2048b Wrote: No it doesnt pop up anything at all, it shows my lists, i choose a movie, it shows the progress circle in the lower corner, then that goes away and ur still looking at ur movie list..... It never allows the movie to start,

I wonder if i have a setting clicked or not clicked that is causing an issue perhaps?

Same problem here with clean Kodibuntu install. I can open and login to netflix with chrome launcher, no problems.

Update: Just enabled "Override software rendering list" and the add on opened the browser. Only problem I have now is the who is watch prompt on the Netflix site.
Hi, I'm having an issue I haven't seen posted here yet. When I click on a show to watch, instead of launching the episode it takes me to the Netflix menu in the browser (from there I can pick a show and watch it fine)

I'm running xbmcbuntu 13.2. The only relevant thing I can see in the logs is this:

ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&url=70269289
16:07:56 T:140043756525504 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&url=70269289) failed

Thanks for any help, and the work keeping this plugin going!
(2014-12-29, 11:24)crazymaca69 Wrote: this looks like a great addon. I've installed it on mac os x yosemite running Kodi 14. As soon as i open the addon, and go to input email and password details, the keyboard is blanked off and the text does not enter in to the box. Also i cannot cancel out of this i have to reboot kodi entirely.

Any ideas?

This sounds like kodi skin issue unfortunately, do you have a custom skin selected? Most of them dont work on kodi, the keyboard showing blank is one of the most common issues.

Anyone else getting a black screen after exiting out? It only seems to happen when I go in to watch and back out a couple times. System does not respond to remote or keyboard. Not sure how to get a log out for this one.

Update: Has something to do with my remote. If I use the menu button to escape it locks up.
(2014-12-28, 12:26)corona Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 23:45)opeth771 Wrote: The addon won't work for me... I have configured it to use my e-mail and password, but as soon as I try to start this addon, I am getting a script failed! error. See log here http://pastebin.com/FzYE2Rtd

Thanks

It appears to be some kind of ssl error, considering the cert verification is disabled already that's a real pain. Are you using a VPN/DNS redirect to get Netflix? Sometimes they do funny stuff with SSL.

(2014-12-28, 07:30)olsonbri Wrote: First thanks for the plugin. I'm having audio problems left and right (no pun intended!) in both chrome and ie, windows 7 using netflixbmc. No audio, but video plays fine. If I close xbmc and launch chrome > netflix > movie, there is sound. Launching ie outside xbmc gets the same results: ie > netflix > movie, I get sound. Back to xbmc > netflixbmc > movie, No sound (ie or chrome as config in the plugin settings).

Thanks --Bri

Yeah it sounds like xbmc is holding onto the audio. There's settings for this, in settings under system/audio (i think) there a seeing for how long to hold audio open, maybe set that to 0. Also could try under skin settings turning off all skin sounds.

Thanks corona. Replacing the onboard Realtek audio with a sound card solved the problem. Strange, because I had set xbmc to spdif audio out and the realtek output to spdif also, so why was any software or hardware doing any audio processing(Huh).
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217