• 7(current)
Release Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix
Hi All,

Merry Xmas and a very Happy New Year to all

I have been looking for this skin for a while and still not available on the official sites i.e. when I go to Settings>Appearance>Skin>Get More, it is not there, would any one please let me know how to install it manually since I am used to install all my add-on's from a zip file, can I zip all the file then do the installation from the zip or just copy them directly to the directory (this is a tricky one since I have no idea where that is). HELP please.

Many thanks

Siamak
Smile 
Hi Again,

Found my answer and done it, it is great back to where I was when Updated to Kodi 14.0\Helix.

Hope this version (update) is going to be stable as was the last one. I have had it configured to work in conjunction with USB 3 key and when updated still working fine.

Thanks to all and keep up the Excellent work guys.

Cheers

Siamak
I get the dreaded "unable to load skin some files are missing". I pulled the 1.7.1 version ( from post #69 of this thread ) and renamed it to "skin.amber-1.7.1.zip".
The log:
ERROR: failed to load requested skin 'skin.amber'

If I hadn't added the "-1.7.1" to the file name I would have got the " file structure is incorrect" error.
I clicked the "DOWNLOAD zip" icon on github to get the zipped file.
Shed some light on this behavior please.
Thanks.
OZooHA
(2014-12-27, 19:47)ozooha Wrote: I get the dreaded "unable to load skin some files are missing". I pulled the 1.7.1 version ( from post #69 of this thread ) and renamed it to "skin.amber-1.7.1.zip".
The log:
ERROR: failed to load requested skin 'skin.amber'

If I hadn't added the "-1.7.1" to the file name I would have got the " file structure is incorrect" error.
I clicked the "DOWNLOAD zip" icon on github to get the zipped file.
Shed some light on this behavior please.
Thanks.
OZooHA

Used this for me and it worked, just need to find out where the network settings are in Amber lol
Hi Every one,

I have downloaded it to my laptop then copied it to a USB key, next step would be to go to Settings> ADD-ons> Install from ZIP file that is where you choose you USB then the zip file and from there things should be straight forward when it finishes installing it asks to be set as the new skin you click yes and that's it up and running.

Thanks to those who are spending time and developing all these goodies.

Cheers

Siamak

P.S.The reason I like very much Amber skin is that it is almost programmable i.e there are plenty of room in the menu to add things that one wants.
After upgrading to OpenElec 5.0 RC3 the home shelf is no longer working. Am I the only one experiencing this?
(2014-12-28, 17:00)Aleksander Wrote: After upgrading to OpenElec 5.0 RC3 the home shelf is no longer working. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Same for me.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
Thanks for updating this Skin.

I too cannot get skin widgets to work. 1.7.2, Windows 8 x64.
Firstly, great skin!

I've noticed one issue, with the weather icon in the top left corner.

The icon displays the 'Observation Location' below the icon and not the 'Forecast Location'.

The Observation Location is 60 miles from where I live, is there any way to change the icon to display the 'Forecast Location' - i.e. where I live.

Either way, the inclusion of the weather icon is a great feature.
(2014-12-28, 17:14)Baswazz Wrote:
(2014-12-28, 17:00)Aleksander Wrote: After upgrading to OpenElec 5.0 RC3 the home shelf is no longer working. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Same for me.
I've upgraded to the OpenElec 5.0 final release and the problem persists.
i'm running Openelec 5 release on R-pi, the skin seems to have an issue.

I downloaded the latest master from github, renamed it to skin.amber-1.7.2.zip and I see the following in the debug log:

13:08:34 T:2797016128 DEBUG: FileManager: copy zip://%2fstorage%2fskin.amber-1.7.2.zip/skin.amber-master/sounds/sounds.xml -> special://home/addons/skin.amber-master/sounds/sounds.xml
13:08:35 T:2797016128 INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'Could not read plug-in directory /usr/lib/kodi/addons: No such file or directory'
13:08:35 T:2797016128 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in skin.amber has been uninstalled.'
13:08:35 T:2797016128 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in skin.amber has been installed.'
13:08:35 T:2797016128 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Not all directories were successfully scanned.'

EDIT: got it working now, make sure you first enable the amber skin under disabled add-ons, due to the official skin being not helix compatible, kodi disables it.
EDIT2: indeed the homeshelf is not working (recent items etc.)
EDIT3: only working version with homeshelf is 1.7.1 download it here and RENAME it to skin.amber.zip so it works using install from zip (making sure you enable amber under disabled add-ons )

so now all that is needed is to cherry pick the layout changes (NOT the homeshelf one as its messed up in 1.7.2) which I tried to do, but as soon as I change something in the zip file it won't accept it and gives a file structure error (which I hate btw, as no errors are logged in debug log to help figure out what it wrong....)
Hey guys,

i just updated Raspbmc to 14.0, my Skin was Amber. The upgrade process looked good, but after the first boot i only get the Default Background from the Amber Skin.

I checked the deguglog, and it says
Quote:14:51:25 T:3038257152 ERROR: Unable to locate window with id 601. Check skin files

I'm pretty sure that there is a Problem with the compatibility or something like this, but im not sure what to do. I made a Backup from the SD-Card and the MySQL Database. Should i go back and try to update again?
removing posts asking for a proper update on the official repo is a bit strange....specially when there is a version that works available to help people staying on amber when they upgrade to helix....

PM me if you have an issue with this before removing....thanks

btw, just for info for joethepartylion/pecinko

I've found the issue why the contentshelf doesn't work in 1.7.2
if you revert the changes in Includes_Horizontal_Home.xml and Includes_Vertical_home.xml by removing the extra system.ismaster + the shelf works again

in the mean time, I've taken 1.7.1 and cherry picked most layout updates from 1.7.2 but left the homeshelf alone, changed the folder name to be skin.amber and not the github commit hash so it keeps the folder structure clean on kodi/add-ons

still testing but all the basic stuff seems to work fine, link to an updated 1.7.3 below

(2014-12-29, 18:29)Jester Wrote: removing posts asking for a proper update on the official repo is a bit strange....specially when there is a version that works available to help people staying on amber when they upgrade to helix....

PM me if you have an issue with this before removing....thanks

in the mean time, I've taken 1.7.1 and cherry picked most layout updates from 1.7.2 but left the homeshelf alone, changed the folder name to be skin.amber and not the github commit hash so it keeps the folder structure clean on kodi/add-ons

still testing but all the basic stuff seems to work fine, link to an updated 1.7.3 below

Just gave this one a try and it seems to work as supposed to. I haven't tried all the functions yet, but I believe you've at least temporarily solved the problem. Thanks! Smile
and while i was at it, did some more clean-ups and small changes

Changelog so far:

Fixed homeshelf by reverting some changes of 1.7.2.

Remove onunload from VideoFullScreen.xml to fix PseudoTV Live issue.

download here:

Pecinko, can you do a pull request on the repo e-mail list with this update for Kodi/Helix so people have a working amber when they upgrade to Kodi/helix ?
Thanks
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix4