• 3(current)
Headless Kodi
(2014-12-27, 07:46)pgjensen Wrote: Thanks, I got the webserver to work now! I am having issues getting the JSONRPC server working, though. It says it was started successfully but I can't get anything connected. I have esenabled=true and esallinterfaces=true in the guisettings.xml file. Any thoughts?

I managed to get this working. After doing a netstat -l on the box I saw that port 9090 was tied to ip6-localhost. I had to explicitly connect to ip6-localhost:9090 in order to connect to JSONRPC. This means that the esallinterfaces=true wasn't working. I then removed the default="true" from that in the guisettings.xml to look like:

<esallinterfaces>true</esallinterfaces>

and it worked!
The constant respawning of kodi app in my docker drove my sysload over 100 eventually, so i killed the docker off completely so i'm afraid there's no logs there.
(2014-12-27, 16:03)fma965 Wrote: Doesn't work for windows, just built it from source and tried /headless --headless -headless etc but nothing, the GUI still loads up. Great work though.

EDIT: since i did this at stupid o clock i think i forgot to select the helix_headless branch, will try again with the correct branch xD

OK built it again but just get this

not using much cpu but obviously it's also not hidden, but i can work with this by creating a custom service wrapper application Smile webui etc is working so assume most features are working Smile

The modified windows build can be downloaded here - http://cyanlabs.net/files/Kodi.exe

When trying to wrap it as a service i get this
Code:
14:00:44 T:5148   FATAL: CApplication::Create: Unable to init windowing system

Now this makes sense but any ideas how i could stop it?

EDIT: Here is a wrapper which hides the window so it runs hidden. http://cyanlabs.net/files/KodiWrapper.exe (put it in same folder as Kodi.exe) (runs portable and headless -p -headless)

Code:
Code:
Imports System.Windows.Forms
Module Module1
    Dim pid As Integer
    Sub Main()
        Dim objProcess As System.Diagnostics.Process
        Try
            objProcess = New System.Diagnostics.Process()
            objProcess.StartInfo.FileName = Application.StartupPath & "\Kodi.exe"
            objProcess.StartInfo.Arguments = "--headless -p"
            objProcess.StartInfo.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden
            objProcess.Start()
            pid = objProcess.Id
            System.IO.File.WriteAllText(Application.StartupPath & "\pid.txt", pid)
        Catch
        End Try
    End Sub
End Module
What are the benefits for this headless xbmc?
So in future we'll have a client and server version of kodi?

Is this planned for kodi 14 or 15?
(2014-12-28, 23:13)Skank Wrote: What are the benefits for this headless xbmc?

those are questions best asked over in that particular thread on kodi forum.
(2014-12-28, 23:14)sparklyballs Wrote:

Lol this IS the kodi forum and the particular thread
(2014-12-28, 23:18)Skank Wrote:
(2014-12-28, 23:14)sparklyballs Wrote:

Lol this IS the kodi forum and the particular thread

LOL

my bad, getting forums confused, lol.
Anyone having issues with Textures13.db not getting populated after adding media? The textures and dds files get created fine, but the db doesn't get updated with thumbnail info.

That is what we are working on here yes, my goal is mostly to have the possibility to turn gui rendering on/off. So less about making a pure server edition of kodi but more about having the possibility to run it without GUI.

Sadly I haven't had much time during christmas to work on it but I will take a look at the display issues on Linux. I welcome any help on windows though as I will note develop it for windows (as I simply don't' use it Smile ).
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
(2014-12-29, 01:36)topfs2 Wrote: Sadly I haven't had much time during christmas to work on it but I will take a look at the display issues on Linux. I welcome any help on windows though as I will note develop it for windows (as I simply don't' use it Smile ).

would love to help but only know basic c# and vb.net so wouldn't be able to do much, my wrapper however is a good workaround for now Smile it works great.
I have been using a patched xbmc for years to manage a central repository on a headless Linux box. It was buggy, but workable. In contrast, this Helix build compiled "out of the box" and hasn't crashed once. Thanks for putting it together!
(2014-12-29, 01:24)pgjensen Wrote: Anyone having issues with Textures13.db not getting populated after adding media? The textures and dds files get created fine, but the db doesn't get updated with thumbnail info.

Very interesting. Will look into it. I bet that GUI spawns the texture creation and caching, which feels like it should handle without GUI.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
i've rebuilt a docker based on the individual dependencies listed on the compile for linux instructions in the wiki.

apart from an issue with libcec that ended up with me disabling libcec in configure and setting a prefix to opt/kodi-server it's a standard compile on ubuntu 14.04 built out to a deb with checkinstall.

runtime dependencies

Code:
libbluetooth3 libxslt1.1 fonts-liberation libaacs0 libbluray1 libasound2 libass4 libasyncns0 libavcodec54 libavfilter3 libavformat54 libavutil52 libcaca0 libcap2 libcdio13 libcec2 libcrystalhd3 libdrm-nouveau2 libenca0 libflac8 libfontenc1 libgl1-mesa-dri libgl1-mesa-glx libglapi-mesa libglew1.10 libglu1-mesa libgsm1 libice6 libjson0 liblcms1 libllvm3.5 liblzo2-2 libmad0 libmicrohttpd10 libmikmod2 libmodplug1 libmp3lame0 libmpeg2-4 libmysqlclient18 liborc-0.4-0 libpcrecpp0 libplist1 libpostproc52 libpulse0 libpython2.7 libschroedinger-1.0-0 libsdl-mixer1.2 libsdl1.2debian libshairport1 libsm6 libsmbclient libsndfile1 libspeex1 libswscale2 libtalloc2 libtdb1 libtheora0 libtinyxml2.6.2 libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0 libva-glx1 libva-x11-1 libva1 libvdpau1 libvorbisfile3 libvpx1 libwbclient0 libwrap0 libx11-xcb1 libxaw7 libxcb-glx0 libxcb-shape0 libxmu6 libxpm4 libxt6 libxtst6 libxv1 libxxf86dga1 libxxf86vm1 libyajl2 mesa-utils mysql-common python-cairo python-gobject-2 python-gtk2 python-imaging python-support tcpd ttf-liberation libssh-4 libtag1c2a libcurl3-gnutls libnfs1

the sysload isn't going mad this time and i'm getting notifications tests passing from sickbeard etc..

i have kodi-send in this docker too, so if you want logs i've got em.

tell me what you want and i'll send.
(2014-12-30, 15:27)topfs2 Wrote:
(2014-12-29, 01:24)pgjensen Wrote: Anyone having issues with Textures13.db not getting populated after adding media? The textures and dds files get created fine, but the db doesn't get updated with thumbnail info.

Very interesting. Will look into it. I bet that GUI spawns the texture creation and caching, which feels like it should handle without GUI.

Were you able to reproduce by chance?
(2015-01-04, 00:34)pgjensen Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 15:27)topfs2 Wrote:

Were you able to reproduce by chance?

i checked my builds and it was the same for me, incidentally the same with main git patched with 5071.patch.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headless Kodi5