• 12(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
Finally made the move to Kodi and got Mimic where I want it. Love it. Great work.

One suggestion: When I have a video playing, I can press i and see the current episode info. If I have a video playlist setup and press "next track", the video will change and the episode info along with it. Great. What would be cool is if I could browse the playlist from this screen without changing the video.

The way I do it now is > video is playing > press c to see current playlist > use arrows to select a video and press i > press i again to see list > select another video > press i > continue.

I often have LazyTV setup a playlist of 50 videos and browse this way. It'd be so much easier and kinda neat if, while playing the video I could simply press i and then maybe some arrows to immediately see the info screens for the other videos in the playlist, WITHOUT having to change the video.

Something to consider hopefully. Won't be using any other skin any time soon either way. Smile
I like this skin, is simple and modern. I have a couple of questions I dont know if possible:

1) The main menu items appear on bottom of screen, I have a whole screen empty. Can it be displayed at middle of screen? Like ANox.
2) This skin have different background examples? cant find any
3) Can the widgets appear but with no looping? If I have 2 addons let the widget show 2 addon boxes. Also I dont understand how to make widget always visible.

thank you for this modern skin.
(2014-12-29, 09:06)adenty9 Wrote: Finally made the move to Kodi and got Mimic where I want it. Love it. Great work.

One suggestion: When I have a video playing, I can press i and see the current episode info. If I have a video playlist setup and press "next track", the video will change and the episode info along with it. Great. What would be cool is if I could browse the playlist from this screen without changing the video.

The way I do it now is > video is playing > press c to see current playlist > use arrows to select a video and press i > press i again to see list > select another video > press i > continue.

I often have LazyTV setup a playlist of 50 videos and browse this way. It'd be so much easier and kinda neat if, while playing the video I could simply press i and then maybe some arrows to immediately see the info screens for the other videos in the playlist, WITHOUT having to change the video.

Something to consider hopefully. Won't be using any other skin any time soon either way. Smile

Sounds interesting, doubt this would be possible through skinning alone though. Would likely need an addon to do this, even then not sure it would be possible.

(2014-12-29, 14:09)CaBrA Wrote: I like this skin, is simple and modern. I have a couple of questions I dont know if possible:

1) The main menu items appear on bottom of screen, I have a whole screen empty. Can it be displayed at middle of screen? Like ANox.
3) Can the widgets appear but with no looping? If I have 2 addons let the widget show 2 addon boxes. Also I dont understand how to make widget always visible.

1) No plan to add an option to move the main menu.
2) You must supply your own backgrounds. The main menu customizer lets you choose the background for each item. You can also use the global background customizer to set backgrounds for each section.
3) I tested widgets with a fixed list but couldn't get it to work right. Will try again. There is no option to make widgets always visible. Had problems making the transition animations between menu items. See post 137 for a way to see what it would look like with them always visible.
(2014-12-29, 17:49)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-29, 09:06)adenty9 Wrote: Finally made the move to Kodi and got Mimic where I want it. Love it. Great work.

Sounds interesting, doubt this would be possible through skinning alone though. Would likely need an addon to do this, even then not sure it would be possible.

(2014-12-29, 14:09)CaBrA Wrote: I like this skin, is simple and modern. I have a couple of questions I dont know if possible:

1) No plan to add an option to move the main menu.
2) You must supply your own backgrounds. The main menu customizer lets you choose the background for each item. You can also use the global background customizer to set backgrounds for each section.
3) I tested widgets with a fixed list but couldn't get it to work right. Will try again. There is no option to make widgets always visible. Had problems making the transition animations between menu items. See post 137 for a way to see what it would look like with them always visible.

Tnx, again great skin :-)
Hi,

Well, another suggestion Smile I know you already replayed on this, I hope you will consider a second thought.

- Move some of the info (plot/summary etc.) on the paused/skipping/seeking screen to bottom fullscreen info.

- Add more info like in top full screen info ex: http://imgur.com/a/FXyse/embed#23

Thanks
(2014-12-29, 22:33)desperado77 Wrote: Hi,

Well, another suggestion Smile I know you already replayed on this, I hope you will consider a second thought.

- Move some of the info (plot/summary etc.) on the paused/skipping/seeking screen to bottom fullscreen info.

- Add more info like in top full screen info ex: http://imgur.com/a/FXyse/embed#23

Thanks

Sorry, I much prefer the current Mimic screen over the given example.
Hey, love the skin! I just switched from Aeon Nox.

The only thing I miss is having the time at which the media will end in the DialogSeekBar, as was brought up multiple times in the thread. I don't care about how long the media is, only about how much is left, or when will it end.
I think there should be options to choose what the SeekBar shows. I'm pretty sure that's what Aeon Nox does: you can choose what info is on the right end of the SeekBar.
I think these are it: DialogSeekBar.xml and variables.xml.

Having this as an option adds no bulk to the interface but adds functionality. I hope this way you won't have any issues integrating this request.

Again, thanks for the great skin.
Someone have some HD wallpapers to my HTPC Media Center with the color tone of MIMIC? Tongue
(2014-12-29, 23:26)mailinator Wrote: Hey, love the skin! I just switched from Aeon Nox.

The only thing I miss is having the time at which the media will end in the DialogSeekBar, as was brought up multiple times in the thread. I don't care about how long the media is, only about how much is left, or when will it end.
I think there should be options to choose what the SeekBar shows. I'm pretty sure that's what Aeon Nox does: you can choose what info is on the right end of the SeekBar.
I think these are it: DialogSeekBar.xml and variables.xml.

Having this as an option adds no bulk to the interface but adds functionality. I hope this way you won't have any issues integrating this request.

Again, thanks for the great skin.

Start/end times added to the seek bar on git, though a little different than the Aeon Nox example.
Hi bryanbrazil,

I've made the change to Kodi and was previously using Confluence Customizable Mod, but I don't think Mudislander is working on it anymore so have tried some different skins. I want something simple that I can add some additional menus to and Mimic is perfect for me, so thanks.
The only thing is that I cannot get the UK film ratings to show, and most films show 'NR'. If I switch to Confluence some movies have a rating, for example the film Children of Men shows '15' and 'NR' in Mimic. I've used two differenct scrapers and selected gb or uk for the country with no joy. It's not a big issue I suppose, but if it's a limitation of the skin it will at least stop me searching for a solution.
@bryanbrazil
It seems the issue with LiveTV/Radio channel numbers (3 or more) is back. (latest git version this morning)
(2014-12-30, 17:07)schumi2004 Wrote: @bryanbrazil
It seems the issue with LiveTV/Radio channel numbers (3 or more) is back. (latest git version this morning)
Thanks for letting me know, will fix tonight. Made some changes to the fonts to add Roboto and Arial, let me know if you see any other label alignment issues.
(2014-12-30, 16:44)Dozer74 Wrote: Hi bryanbrazil,

I've made the change to Kodi and was previously using Confluence Customizable Mod, but I don't think Mudislander is working on it anymore so have tried some different skins. I want something simple that I can add some additional menus to and Mimic is perfect for me, so thanks.
The only thing is that I cannot get the UK film ratings to show, and most films show 'NR'. If I switch to Confluence some movies have a rating, for example the film Children of Men shows '15' and 'NR' in Mimic. I've used two differenct scrapers and selected gb or uk for the country with no joy. It's not a big issue I suppose, but if it's a limitation of the skin it will at least stop me searching for a solution.

Did some searching on the forum and looked at the Mimic code and it should support UK ratings. Are you using the Universal Movie Scraper? Have you tried changing the certification prefix in the scraper settings from 'Rated ' to 'UK:'?

Not sure what else to suggest as I use US ratings.
(2014-12-30, 18:00)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 16:44)Dozer74 Wrote: Hi bryanbrazil,

Did some searching on the forum and looked at the Mimic code and it should support UK ratings. Are you using the Universal Movie Scraper? Have you tried changing the certification prefix in the scraper settings from 'Rated ' to 'UK:'?

Not sure what else to suggest as I use US ratings.

You're a star - I'd changed the 'preferred country' but not the 'prefix'. All working now, thanks.
Hi Bryanbrazil,

I am using the mimic skin for over a month now and I love it.
It is elegant as ANox and Refocus and still its very fast, which I like more as I use it on Android TV box.

I am using the Black/Red theme and I wanted to play with it and make the black background a little more transparent so that the fanart pops out a little more.
Can I know which file I have to edit for that. I have the color codes I want to use.

Thanks again for the awesome skin,
V
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9