• 8(current)
Release Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix
Good morning everyone,

What I forgot to specify on my la few replies was that I was running RASPBMC and not OpenELEC, as far as my own experience goes I think OpenELEC is formidable in speed but lacks some commands in general and from SSH in particular, won't go into details, not scope of this forum.

Cheers

Siamak
This is getting a messy tree of (not-so)joined efforts, isn't it?

I'm using menakite's version from https://github.com/anaconda/skin.amber/tree/helix-fixes - It mostly works fine, unfortunately no direct pull request has been made to pecinko's repo.

Is there a git repo for Jester's version, so one can compare who fixed what, where and based on whom's version?
(2014-12-30, 10:56)t.kay Wrote: This is getting a messy tree of (not-so)joined efforts, isn't it?

I'm using menakite's version from https://github.com/anaconda/skin.amber/tree/helix-fixes - It mostly works fine, unfortunately no direct pull request has been made to pecinko's repo.

Is there a git repo for Jester's version, so one can compare who fixed what, where and based on whom's version?

I agree, thats why I asked for an official repo update, so at least there is a working version while we work to maybe find more bugs and fix them.

my version is basically joethepartylion version 1.7.2 but with 2 file changes reverted so the shelf works and I made 1.7.4 to fix the other issue.

I hope pecinko has time to merge all changes and release an official version soon.

I didn't use github just so I can provide a working version with most bug fixes here directly until pecinko finds time.

EDIT: maybe it helps, i've put the github with 1.7.4 here https://github.com/jester-xbmc/skin.amber

As far as I can see my 1.7.4 has all the fixes of all the current forks out there, so let me know if somebody finds something broken, until that time, I suggest we use 1.7.4 as the baseline version for helix.

Download here:
1.7.4 works great.
But i miss the point "Show unwatched Videos" on the left menu.
On Gotham is there a point "Show all Videos" or "Show unwatched Videos".

(2014-12-30, 11:51)Jester Wrote: my version is basically joethepartylion version 1.7.2 but with 2 file changes reverted so the shelf works and I made 1.7.4 to fix the other issue.

I hope pecinko has time to merge all changes and release an official version soon.

I didn't use github just so I can provide a working version with most bug fixes here directly until pecinko finds time.

EDIT: maybe it helps, i've put the github with 1.7.4 here https://github.com/jester-xbmc/skin.amber

As far as I can see my 1.7.4 has all the fixes of all the current forks out there, so let me know if somebody finds something broken, until that time, I suggest we use 1.7.4 as the baseline version for helix.

Download here:

I think that keyboard layout is broken in your 1.7.4 release :

(2014-12-11, 13:54)joethepartylion Wrote: Sorry this has been quiet for a while but things have been getting in the way and I've started work on creating my own skin. I have made a few more changes and updated to 1.7.2 which is how on Github,

New layout for keyboard to improve usability.
Fixed some dialogs due to amended id's for Kodi 14 e.g. Media Source configuration dialog.
Fixed some more layout issues e.g. Movie Information, LRC lyrics.

Let me know if you have nay other issues and I will try and fix them.

For those looking at the commit I'm not sure what I am doing wrong with the formatting of tabs but it is getting rather messy so some advice would be appreciated. I am using notepad++ to make the changes with Tab set to 2 spaces and the pretty XML plugin to help with indenting.

Thanks

And maybe Helix have a new layout because even with 1.7.2 from Joethepartylion, keyboard have no keys Sad

EDIT : It's OK you have to select a layout first :

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1823652
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
It's OK, you just have to select a layout before :S
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Thanks, I'll see what I can do.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2014-12-30, 18:28)pecinko Wrote: Thanks, I'll see what I can do.

thanks for your work !
On German Keyboard the ü and ä are out of the Background, but works OK.
Hi there,

Just upgrade kodi with openelec 5 and amber 1.7.4.
Don't know if I'm alone, but when I'm in the tv shows' home page with all the thumbnails (recently added and recommanded) and I watched an in progress tv show, when finished, it's not upgrading to the next one.
And, if I start a movie from the home page too with the recently added. It's not gonna move the movie in the in progress thumbnails in the bottom.
In both cases, I've to go in the submenu if I want any update.
My files are in my nas and i'm connected with NFS.
Thanks for the good work!
Edit: it's seem the file have to be played completely in order to change to the next unwatch episode. But if I played an episode from the thumbnail, and i stoped it, it's won't bookmark to begin where I left.
I got the latest 1.7.4..and I love it.
Thanks to you and the all those who helped out.
Cheers.
OZman OZeeth
(2014-12-31, 00:19)psyc0ld Wrote: Hi there,

Don't know if I'm alone, but when I'm in the tv shows' home page with all the thumbnails (recently added and recommanded) and I watched an in progress tv show, when finished, it's not upgrading to the next one.
And, if I start a movie from the home page too with the recently added. It's not gonna move the movie in the in progress thumbnails in the bottom.
Edit: it's seem the file have to be played completely in order to change to the next unwatch episode. But if I played an episode from the thumbnail, and i stoped it, it's won't bookmark to begin where I left.

Interesting issue, but nothing to do with the skin, I see the same under confluence, please raise a ticket in trac.
it seems when you play a tv show (havent tried movies yet) from the thumbnail it never remembers the location and if you stop it and start it again from the thumbnail it just starts from the beginning.
(2014-12-31, 11:51)Jester Wrote:
(2014-12-31, 00:19)psyc0ld Wrote: Hi there,

Interesting issue, but nothing to do with the skin, I see the same under confluence, please raise a ticket in trac.
it seems when you play a tv show (havent tried movies yet) from the thumbnail it never remembers the location and if you stop it and start it again from the thumbnail it just starts from the beginning.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, what it's trac? I'm new here. oh you surely mean bugtracker?
Just sent a ticket. Wait and see
I just tried to upgrade from 1.72 to 1.74 and it says dependencies not met, but I believe I had the latest build which would of supported it on dec 24th?

Any ideas why I get the dependency error?
make sure you are on helix release, and just remove the old version completely, and re-install 1.7.4
if that doesn't work, post debug log so we can have a look whats going on, but the above should work.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix4