• 13(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
(2014-12-30, 21:09)vab.patel Wrote: Hi Bryanbrazil,

I am using the mimic skin for over a month now and I love it.
It is elegant as ANox and Refocus and still its very fast, which I like more as I use it on Android TV box.

I am using the Black/Red theme and I wanted to play with it and make the black background a little more transparent so that the fanart pops out a little more.
Can I know which file I have to edit for that. I have the color codes I want to use.

Thanks again for the awesome skin,
V

DId you try turning off "Show home fanart overlay"? It's in skin settings.
(2014-12-30, 21:20)adenty9 Wrote: DId you try turning off "Show home fanart overlay"? It's in skin settings.

I tried that. But that way there is no black bacground at all and the fanart is very bright.
I actually like the idea of having the black filter on the fanart. But it is very dark for now for me, I just want to make it a bit more transparent.

V
(2014-12-30, 21:31)vab.patel Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 21:20)adenty9 Wrote: DId you try turning off "Show home fanart overlay"? It's in skin settings.

I tried that. But that way there is no black bacground at all and the fanart is very bright.
I actually like the idea of having the black filter on the fanart. But it is very dark for now for me, I just want to make it a bit more transparent.

V

Ok. And I agree. Would be nice to adjust the opacity on the overlay, instead of just on/off.
Open up colors/Black-Red.xml. Change the first two characters in the background tag from FF to EE or DD. May have to experiment to get the look you want.
Longtime user here, but I registered just to ask a question. The thing I loved most about Refocus is the fullscreen fanart view, because I am a fanart guy. Any chance that you will be adding that view to this skin? This is beautiful work, and I'd love to use it as my regular skin, but I spent lots of time cultivating my fanart collection and I love to stare at it while browsing. Thanks for the hard work!
(2014-12-30, 21:56)dkoch84 Wrote: Longtime user here, but I registered just to ask a question. The thing I loved most about Refocus is the fullscreen fanart view, because I am a fanart guy. Any chance that you will be adding that view to this skin? This is beautiful work, and I'd love to use it as my regular skin, but I spent lots of time cultivating my fanart collection and I love to stare at it while browsing. Thanks for the hard work!
I didn't have plans to, had to do an image search to see what fanart view looks like. I've never cared for mimic's logo view though, so I think I might replace that with the fanart view. Stay tuned. Smile
Just pushed an update to git that replaces Logo view with a Fanart view. I'm sure some of you will miss Logo, but I've never found it very useful as a lot of old/less popular movies don't have logos.

Still looking for a good way to remove the background overlay for this view. None of the visibility conditions I've tried have worked.

PHP Code:
<visible>!Control.IsVisible(59)</visible

Works but I didn't get it working with AND or OR operators, so I placed it on a new line.
Hello bryanbrazil,

I'm a new user of Kodi and I like the mimic skin a lot, its perfect!!!
I just have found a little thing, but I don't know if its possible to correct.
In the info screen of the movie, in the cast separator, the font in the photos of the cast is very big... sometimes, when the actor as a wide name, it only appears the actor name, the rest of the info "as "caracter"" does not appear. Maybe if the font could be smaller, it would be possible to see everything fine, "actor as caracter".
I don't know if its possible to correct this...
Sorry about my english, I'm not very good at it, I'm from Portugal.

A Happy New Year for all of you.
(2014-12-31, 18:25)Jocatheo Wrote: Hello bryanbrazil,

I'm a new user of Kodi and I like the mimic skin a lot, its perfect!!!
I just have found a little thing, but I don't know if its possible to correct.
In the info screen of the movie, in the cast separator, the font in the photos of the cast is very big... sometimes, when the actor as a wide name, it only appears the actor name, the rest of the info "as "caracter"" does not appear. Maybe if the font could be smaller, it would be possible to see everything fine, "actor as caracter".
I don't know if its possible to correct this...
Sorry about my english, I'm not very good at it, I'm from Portugal.

A Happy New Year for all of you.

I'm Portuguese too, my family is originally from the Azores. I don't speak the language though. Your English is fine, better than some native speakers on here, lol.

Unfortunately, no matter how small the font is, there are still some actor names that won't fit. I could try setting it to auto scroll, not sure if that would look ok.

Happy New Years to you too.
Yes, you´re right, some names may not fit to.
Thanks anyway Smile
(2014-12-31, 12:23)Amelandbor Wrote:
PHP Code:
<visible>!Control.IsVisible(59)</visible

Works but I didn't get it working with AND or OR operators, so I placed it on a new line.

Ah, learn something new every day. Any idea why it only works when on a new line?
Ok, here's the final Fanart view. Made the details a little smaller to show more of the fanart. Removed the overlay thanks to a tip from Amelandbor.

(2014-12-31, 19:36)Jocatheo Wrote: Yes, you´re right, some names may not fit to.
Thanks anyway Smile

I made the font smaller, names should fit better in the next version. Some will still be too long though. I tested auto scroll but didn't like it. Thanks for your input.
The fanart view is awesome. I can't wait to have it in my system.
When are you updating the recent changes in the repo version?

V
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9