• 38(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
I've gote some error in playlist longer then 50 and search
Code:
17:06:45 T:2748812096   ERROR: EXCEPTION: argument "thumbnailImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
17:06:45 T:2748812096   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: argument "thumbnailImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py", line 16, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 44, in run
                                                self._add_directory(context, item, item_count)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 89, in _add_directory
                                                thumbnailImage=directory_item.get_image())
                                            TypeError: argument "thumbnailImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
17:06:46 T:3037375168   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=moherowy%20ninja
17:06:46 T:3037375168   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=moherowy%20ninja) failed
17:06:46 T:2748812096  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
17:06:46 T:2748812096  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:06:46 T:2748812096  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
(2015-01-01, 18:19)kromos Wrote: I've gote some error in playlist longer then 50 and search
Code:
17:06:45 T:2748812096   ERROR: EXCEPTION: argument "thumbnailImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
17:06:45 T:2748812096   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Contents: argument "thumbnailImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py", line 16, in run
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 44, in run
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 89, in _add_directory
                                            TypeError: argument "thumbnailImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
17:06:46 T:3037375168   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=moherowy%20ninja
17:06:46 T:3037375168   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=moherowy%20ninja) failed
17:06:46 T:2748812096  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

You're not using KODI or Gotham right? This seems to me a bug in Frodo. Please consider updating at least to Gotham and provide always complete logs.
(2014-12-27, 17:23)bromix Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 15:03)laptopu Wrote: Found this plug-in today, welcome to the default player on Kodi. Loved the pair feature, very very easy.

I can't see any of my viewed history though, I have been into 'configure' and selected History as an option but when I go into history there's nothing there. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm using Kodi 4.97.3 on RPi, thanks.
The history isn't workin with APIv2 (old addon) and APIv3 this addon. The problem is YouTube....the API isn't working with the history Sad

Hi, the watch history did show up with me for the last Kodi YouTube player before yours was published. I have had a look online to check out possible solutions and people are indicating the YouTube side was fixed a while back and to use code located here: https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/docs/playlists to work with the current API.

I'm not a good coder and don't want to duplicate your work, is there a chance you could look at that link to see if you can use it in your code?

Thanks again Smile
(2014-12-31, 20:26)Wanilton Wrote: bromix, rename in translated folder Portuguese (Brazil), have a typo error

stringx.xml for strings.xml

Thanks,
Sorry...will be fixed in the next update.

(2015-01-01, 17:39)pike Wrote: Sorry if this has been answered already. Is it possible to change the sortorder for playlists so I get the latest entries first and don't have to go to page10 every time I want to check my latest added entries to some of my playlists ?

Keep up the good work and Happy New 2015!
Sorry...video items are appended and not inserted at position '0'. And if so...this would work in your case..but then there will be some other users that want the opposite behavior. If you look at the webpage...you only can move video items in a playlist. At the end a playlist is a static definition of a sequence.

(2015-01-01, 17:59)stARNix Wrote: @bromix

It might be a Bug.
When I'm calling the plugin via:

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=234kie23dki

I don't get any further information about the requested video inside the Kodi Player.
No videotitle or thumbnail.

Do we have to pass more parameters to the function?

Regards
Simon

With update 5.0.1 this should work. DO you have this update?

(2015-01-01, 18:54)laptopu Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 17:23)bromix Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 15:03)laptopu Wrote: Found this plug-in today, welcome to the default player on Kodi. Loved the pair feature, very very easy.

I can't see any of my viewed history though, I have been into 'configure' and selected History as an option but when I go into history there's nothing there. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm using Kodi 4.97.3 on RPi, thanks.
The history isn't workin with APIv2 (old addon) and APIv3 this addon. The problem is YouTube....the API isn't working with the history Sad

Hi, the watch history did show up with me for the last Kodi YouTube player before yours was published. I have had a look online to check out possible solutions and people are indicating the YouTube side was fixed a while back and to use code located here: https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/docs/playlists to work with the current API.

I'm not a good coder and don't want to duplicate your work, is there a chance you could look at that link to see if you can use it in your code?

Thanks again Smile

This I'm already using...and that's the problem Wink This works on all playlists (even Watch Later)...but not for the History. Thanks for your feedback Smile
(2015-01-01, 19:07)bromix Wrote: This I'm already using...and that's the problem Wink This works on all playlists (even Watch Later)...but not for the History. Thanks for your feedback Smile

Thanks for the info. I have reported it as a problem to Google, hopefully that will help us get a fix Smile
(2015-01-01, 20:19)laptopu Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 19:07)bromix Wrote: This I'm already using...and that's the problem Wink This works on all playlists (even Watch Later)...but not for the History. Thanks for your feedback Smile

Thanks for the info. I have reported it as a problem to Google, hopefully that will help us get a fix Smile

Where and how did you report this?
Hi bromix,
I have the YouTube addon integrated in my skin for both widgets and trailer searches.
Noticed that with the new 5.x version the search is broken.

Is this this possible with this new version ?
If yes how can I call the search function ?

BTW: Is it correct that the new 5.x version is available only for Helix ?

Thanks in advance!
(2014-12-31, 22:30)lehoang24121992 Wrote: Thank you very much for your work. In the previous version, I could set the Quality to "Ask" instead of just either SD or HD in the current version. It's not really a big deal, but sometimes it's better to choose the quality first before streaming, like HD we have 720p or 1080p and SD we have 240-360-480p.
SD (~576-480p) HD (720p) and Full HD (1080p) Wink I could maybe add to my framework a support for LD (360p)
Do you need this option or is this request more because it's missing? Smile You're the first asking for this Smile

(2015-01-01, 22:07)marcelveldt Wrote: Hi bromix,
I have the YouTube addon integrated in my skin for both widgets and trailer searches.
Noticed that with the new 5.x version the search is broken.

Is this this possible with this new version ?
If yes how can I call the search function ?

BTW: Is it correct that the new 5.x version is available only for Helix ?

Thanks in advance!

This should work and yes only starting with Helix.
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=[URL_ENCODED_QUERY]
(2015-01-01, 18:45)bromix Wrote: [quote='kromos' pid='1876985' dateline='1420129185']
I've gote some error in playlist longer then 50 and search

You're not using KODI or Gotham right? This seems to me a bug in Frodo. Please consider updating at least to Gotham and provide always complete logs.

Yes it's frodo. I will update it soon. Thanks
hello bromix, i have buy a film in google play movie and added in my yuotube playlist

in kody, i see film in playlist but not play....Error plugin

help me please

thank you
I reinstalled Gotham and was able to use the old YT addon for a while before it updated, is there any way to reinstall the old version and prevent it from updating?
Hello Bromix

I found a little problem with your shown titles of "my abos", "playlists" and some more objects with the "bold" tag.

Whenever used

Code:
[b]...text...[/b]

the closing tag is shown if you use aeon nox or 1080xf and thumbnail view:

The translated German Word <string id="30506">Abonieren</string> should be <string id="30506">Abonnieren</string> with 2 "n" Smile
(2015-01-01, 22:29)bromix Wrote: This should work and yes only starting with Helix.
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=[URL_ENCODED_QUERY]

Works like a charm, thanks!
(2015-01-01, 15:43)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 00:46)dkplayaclub Wrote: Getting a message telling me there is an update available for YouTube. If I download the update I get a message telling me it's updated, but there is still always an available update.
I am guessing this is an issue with the addon being on multiple repos. Can you please remove YouTube from your repo so it doesn't conflict with the official repo?
I could just remove your repo, but YouTube is not the only addon of yours I use, so I would like to avoid it.
It has nothing to do with 2 Repos. Gotham and KODI have some issues to update from a beta to a final. I tested it with KODI and Gotham and some times if not most of the time the update from beta to final loops.
Simple solution in this case: Uninstall YouTube and install again and everything is fine.

I think about another way to test new versions of YouTube before PR the final update.
Really strange. It should just "work".
can you test it again to be sure and create a trac ticket.
perhaps cc Montellese as he did the last changes in the update logic.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-01-01, 18:45)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 18:19)kromos Wrote: I've gote some error in playlist longer then 50 and search
Code:
                                                runner.run(__provider__)

Hi, I have the same issue and I am using Frodo. The problem is the directory_item image is None. So here's my quick ifx:

if directory_item.get_image() is not None:
item = xbmcgui.ListItem(label=directory_item.get_name(),
iconImage=u'DefaultFolder.png',
else:
item = xbmcgui.ListItem(label=directory_item.get_name(),
iconImage=u'DefaultFolder.png',
thumbnailImage="")

I think the new API might handle the None image but for old API still need to check if it's None image
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20