• 106(current)
Release Eminence
While watching a movie press OK, go to audio, press ok. About half way down are the subtitle options. On my multi subbed movie all three are listed.

Also without going through all that palaver the subtitle button on my remote cycles through disabled and the three sub streams.

This is gotham, with subtitles inside an mkv file.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-31, 12:49)BuSHari Wrote: No problem, they are Windows Fonts, This is what i`v used:

Homizio - Segoe UI
Roboto - Segoe WP
SourceSansPro - Tahoma
Segoe and Tahoma are commercial fonts with licenses that do not allow redistribution. Fonts must have licenses that allow free redistribution such as a creative commons or apache GPL license. Unfortunately this means I cannot include your font modifications.

(2014-12-31, 13:05)tinnyskillz Wrote: Is there a way we can keep the widget carousel on the home screen without pressing down (or up depending on the settings), and still be able to browse the icons (tv shows, movies, addons) at the bottom while the carousel slides automatically above it? I think that would look awesomeCool

Basically, turning the carousel widget into a home shelf like in other skins (amber for example)

Thank you Big Grin
There might be an option coming soon... Wink

(2015-01-01, 16:41)rebe Wrote: How do I change the background of individual tiles? Eg. I wan't to have a picture of a cinema when having the Movies tile active. Under customise - apppropriate tile - Widget - Slideshow it doesn't show the jpeg I wish to use. Am I in the wrong setting, or do I need to change image format or something?
Reboot doesn't work for me. Screen turns dark but doesn't start a new boot. I noticed that System - Power Saving - Shutdown function is greyed out for me (Shutdown is current function, but I can't alter it).
The slideshow widget uses images in a folder - so just create a a new folder and only put one image in it and select that folder for the slideshow widget.

Not being able to reboot is an xbmc/kodi issue not a skin one so can't really help there. You might need to ask/search in another part of the forums for an answer.

(2015-01-01, 23:28)morningbus Wrote: I have a question regarding the PVR hub. I think Kodi changed the back button and escape button behavior, making navigating the PVR hub a little weird.

For example, when in the EPG menu, hitting the back button brings up the side pane to configure view and hitting the back button once more brings you back to the home screen instead of the hub. The same thing happens if you're in most of the submenus like Recordings or Timer, where upon pressing the back button you're brought back to the home screen.

Oddly, the escape key works almost like the back button did originally and will bring you back to the hub.

Is there any way to address this in the skin? Or is there any setting I can change in Kodi to get back to how it was before?
This has been frustrating me for ages!! I didn't realise that the ESC button still works the old way - your discovery has helped me figure out a fix for this Big Grin Big Grin

Uploaded to git just now Big Grin

(2015-01-02, 01:15)DruTheFu Wrote: 1. Is there a way to edit the "Spotlight" to show, or not show, specific media/files?

2. Is there a way to add additional Hubs, while keeping Movies, TV shows, and Music hubs intact? I'd like to add something like a "Streaming Video" hub, and within, have shortcuts to add-ons like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc...

3. Also wondering if there is a configuration option to add/delete media scrappers to those already in place?

Thanks everyone
1. You can create a smart playlist with your needs and use that for the widget.
2. Not currently, but it is planned.
3. Settings > Addons > Get Addons > Movie Information - you can install and uninstall media scrapers from there.

(2015-01-02, 01:20)wsippel Wrote:
(2014-12-29, 04:54)nickr Wrote: That is the job of the audio dialog, or the "T" button.
Thanks, but that doesn't seem to work. I can still only toggle the first subtitle, not switch between subtitles. There are no subtitle settings in the audio menu at all as far as I can tell, and "T" just seems to be a shortcut for the "subtitles" button.
Just tried with a test file, definitely can select between subtitles from the osd audio menu, you just need to scroll down to see the option - its under subtitle offset.

edit: I see nickr beat me to the punch. I'm running helix so its confirmed to work on both Gotham and Helix for a multi-sub mkv (subs embedded in the file - tested with big buck bunny and elephants dream).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Amazing job on this skin, jurialmunkey. Sleek, yet the UI is simple and so easy to customize. I went back to Gotham (openelec 4.2) just so I could use it. :-)
Godammit !

Emimence has Autoupdated again to v1.1.8 and all the Fonts are stuffed again. What the Heck is going on Huh
This should not be Autoupdating !
Are we going to have to put up with this every time ?

Why are the fonts not being included ?

Yes I'll admit Eminence - Helix has not been officially released yet, or has it ?
Something screwy is going on with the Repo's and Kodi's Autoupdate system.

Here are the fonts in a zip file for those frustrated like myself:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2764...rchive.zip
Sad

(2015-01-02, 05:04)wrxtasy Wrote: Godammit !

Emimence has Autoupdated again to v1.1.8 and all the Fonts are stuffed again. What the Heck is going on Huh
This should not be Autoupdating !
Are we going to have to put up with this every time ?

Why are the fonts not being included ?

Yes I'll admit Eminence - Helix has not been officially released yet, or has it ?

Here are the fonts in a zip file for those frustrated like myself:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2764...rchive.zip
Sad

Seems like you have some sort of automated git pull or download script in place that maybe you have forgotten about. 1.1.8 is not on any kodi repo, its only on the github so you've got something that is trying to do automated downloads.

My guess is that you used one of the scripts from this page to automate updates and forgot about it: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid1767623

Either that or you have a git client that tries to do automated git pulls for you.
Cheers Jurial but i've never even done anything with git pulls or auto scripts and the Kodi repo's.

After all the issues I had I actually started with a virgin Kodi install and just tested out your Eminence - Helix by downloading from github and unzipping and manually installing the skin.eminence folder into Kodi. This Eminence behaviour is with the official Kodi releases across multiple platforms now. Maybe its happening on other Skins and add-ons. I'm not sure.

It appears I'm not the only one with this autoupdate behaviour.
Maybe its a Kodi bug.
I'll do some investigation.

@wrxtasy - maybe you have a repo installed that has eminence on it. I know of at least two repos that have the helix version of the skin on them (without asking my permission of course!)

Leopold's addons and Super Repo both have 1.1.8 on them. It is possible that others do also.
Yes I have Super Repo installed as I was using the NetfliXBMC add-on.
Disabling Autoupdates now. Notify only from now on.

Thats just bullshit, sticking other Skinners work in their own repositories and then causing these issues.

Cheers. Problem sorted. Smile

(2015-01-02, 02:59)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 23:28)morningbus Wrote: I have a question regarding the PVR hub. I think Kodi changed the back button and escape button behavior, making navigating the PVR hub a little weird.

For example, when in the EPG menu, hitting the back button brings up the side pane to configure view and hitting the back button once more brings you back to the home screen instead of the hub. The same thing happens if you're in most of the submenus like Recordings or Timer, where upon pressing the back button you're brought back to the home screen.

Oddly, the escape key works almost like the back button did originally and will bring you back to the hub.

Is there any way to address this in the skin? Or is there any setting I can change in Kodi to get back to how it was before?
This has been frustrating me for ages!! I didn't realise that the ESC button still works the old way - your discovery has helped me figure out a fix for this Big Grin Big Grin

Whoa, didn't expect the issue to be resolved so quickly! Thanks!

As a follow up to this question: is getting the side pane (the one with options like view, group, quick nav, etc.) when backing out of the EPG the new default behavior in Kodi? Or can that be changed, too?
(2015-01-02, 08:11)morningbus Wrote:

Whoa, didn't expect the issue to be resolved so quickly! Thanks!

As a follow up to this question: is getting the side pane (the one with options like view, group, quick nav, etc.) when backing out of the EPG the new default behavior in Kodi? Or can that be changed, too?
Yeah there isnt any other way to get to it from the epg so it has to be that way unfortunately.
(2015-01-02, 02:27)nickr Wrote: While watching a movie press OK, go to audio, press ok. About half way down are the subtitle options. On my multi subbed movie all three are listed.

Also without going through all that palaver the subtitle button on my remote cycles through disabled and the three sub streams.

This is gotham, with subtitles inside an mkv file.

(2015-01-02, 02:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: Just tried with a test file, definitely can select between subtitles from the osd audio menu, you just need to scroll down to see the option - its under subtitle offset.

edit: I see nickr beat me to the punch. I'm running helix so its confirmed to work on both Gotham and Helix for a multi-sub mkv (subs embedded in the file - tested with big buck bunny and elephants dream).
Wow, I feel really stupid now. Thanks! Totally didn't realize that the menu could be scrolled down...
(2015-01-02, 06:23)jurialmunkey Wrote: @wrxtasy - maybe you have a repo installed that has eminence on it. I know of at least two repos that have the helix version of the skin on them (without asking my permission of course!)

Leopold's addons and Super Repo both have 1.1.8 on them. It is possible that others do also.

I added eminence to my repo for my own convenience (I never announced it to others) but as people seem to be picking it up from there I've now removed it. I did wonder why the fonts didn't look right! Do you know why that is?
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2014-12-31, 12:49)BuSHari Wrote: No problem, they are Windows Fonts, This is what i`v used:

Homizio - Segoe UI
Roboto - Segoe WP
SourceSansPro - Tahoma
Segoe and Tahoma are commercial fonts with licenses that do not allow redistribution. Fonts must have licenses that allow free redistribution such as a creative commons or apache GPL license. Unfortunately this means I cannot include your font modifications.

OK, i`ve found new fonts that under the GPL License, you can see here

Homizio - Ellinia CLM
Roboto - Nachlieli CLM
SourceSansPro - Liberation Sans

You can download it from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rx4hlyiqb31a2g...s.zip?dl=0
I surely hope this skin will be Helix compatible!!!
It is now the main reason for me to stay with 4.2 (Openelec, Gotham)

Vincent
(2015-01-02, 15:39)Leopold Wrote:
(2015-01-02, 06:23)jurialmunkey Wrote: @wrxtasy - maybe you have a repo installed that has eminence on it. I know of at least two repos that have the helix version of the skin on them (without asking my permission of course!)

I added eminence to my repo for my own convenience (I never announced it to others) but as people seem to be picking it up from there I've now removed it. I did wonder why the fonts didn't look right! Do you know why that is?
So now that its gone from Leopolds repository, which I've used to dl the skin and keep it updated, can anybody recommend another 'legit' repo in which this wonderful skin is included?
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence35