• 39(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-01-02, 00:07)MadZeh Wrote: Hello Bromix

I found a little problem with your shown titles of "my abos", "playlists" and some more objects with the "bold" tag.

Whenever used

Code:
[b]...text...[/b]

the closing tag is shown if you use aeon nox or 1080xf and thumbnail view:

The translated German Word <string id="30506">Abonieren</string> should be <string id="30506">Abonnieren</string> with 2 "n" Smile
Yes...as soon as the skin uses ... the layout is 'broken'. I don't know whats the correct solution for this, because removing the format from the addon won't fix the problem. For example if someone else uses ... or any other format like a skin would, we are at the spot again.

(2015-01-02, 10:21)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 15:43)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 00:46)dkplayaclub Wrote: Getting a message telling me there is an update available for YouTube. If I download the update I get a message telling me it's updated, but there is still always an available update.
I am guessing this is an issue with the addon being on multiple repos. Can you please remove YouTube from your repo so it doesn't conflict with the official repo?
I could just remove your repo, but YouTube is not the only addon of yours I use, so I would like to avoid it.
It has nothing to do with 2 Repos. Gotham and KODI have some issues to update from a beta to a final. I tested it with KODI and Gotham and some times if not most of the time the update from beta to final loops.
Simple solution in this case: Uninstall YouTube and install again and everything is fine.

I think about another way to test new versions of YouTube before PR the final update.
Really strange. It should just "work".
can you test it again to be sure and create a trac ticket.
perhaps cc Montellese as he did the last changes in the update logic.
I create a dummy addon via my repo to try some tests + debug log. Maybe I can see something or create something to reproduce the behavior.

(2015-01-02, 11:42)leckylao Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 18:45)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 18:19)kromos Wrote: I've gote some error in playlist longer then 50 and search
Code:
17:06:45 T:2748812096   ERROR: EXCEPTION: argument "thumbnailImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
17:06:45 T:2748812096   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: argument "thumbnailImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py", line 16, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 44, in run
                                                self._add_directory(context, item, item_count)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 89, in _add_directory
                                                thumbnailImage=directory_item.get_image())
                                            TypeError: argument "thumbnailImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
17:06:46 T:3037375168   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=moherowy%20ninja
17:06:46 T:3037375168   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=moherowy%20ninja) failed
17:06:46 T:2748812096  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
17:06:46 T:2748812096  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:06:46 T:2748812096  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

You're not using KODI or Gotham right? This seems to me a bug in Frodo. Please consider updating at least to Gotham and provide always complete logs.

Hi, I have the same issue and I am using Frodo. The problem is the directory_item image is None. So here's my quick ifx:

if directory_item.get_image() is not None:
item = xbmcgui.ListItem(label=directory_item.get_name(),
iconImage=u'DefaultFolder.png',
thumbnailImage=directory_item.get_image())
else:
item = xbmcgui.ListItem(label=directory_item.get_name(),
iconImage=u'DefaultFolder.png',
thumbnailImage="")

I think the new API might handle the None image but for old API still need to check if it's None image

Thanks, I will update this in my framework Wink
Hi ALL,

I just get the update version 5.0.1. But I still can't see the youtube live feed.
(2015-01-02, 12:56)apenape Wrote: Hi ALL,

I just get the update version 5.0.1. But I still can't see the youtube live feed.

Please more information. What live feed?... and a complete log would also help Wink
https://www.youtube.com/channel/SBAaOjE-GIlRI

youtube have live channel. I can't see the live feed.

(2015-01-02, 12:59)bromix Wrote:

Please more information. What live feed?... and a complete log would also help Wink

Please advice to CLI or the location path of the logs !?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn3X09VHwoE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXf4Pt_N1XU

this is one of the youtube live
(2015-01-02, 13:42)apenape Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/channel/SBAaOjE-GIlRI

youtube have live channel. I can't see the live feed.

(2015-01-02, 12:59)bromix Wrote:

Please advice to CLI or the location path of the logs !?
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Something wrong with the new 5.0.1 update.
When my Gotham 13.2 tried to auto update itself i saw the error.
Uninstalling the old version, or re-downloading this new plugin doesn't help.
The error is there's something wrong with the structure, see below:
(Old v5.0 installs fine)

EDIT: No wonder,you are pushing the wrong file.
This zip contains v5.0.1 and other old archived versions...
When installing the correct version from inside this archive it updates without any problems.

(2015-01-02, 14:34)dobbelina Wrote: Something wrong with the new 5.0.1 update.
(Old v5.0 installs fine)

When installing the correct version from inside this archive it updates without any problems.

Mhmm...thanks for the hint. I look into that after the gym and jogging Wink
Sad 
(2015-01-02, 13:54)apenape Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn3X09VHwoE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXf4Pt_N1XU

this is one of the youtube live
Starting with version 5.0.2 these live streams should work.

(2015-01-02, 14:34)dobbelina Wrote: Something wrong with the new 5.0.1 update.
(Old v5.0 installs fine)

Thanks for the hint. I found the bug Confused I created an invalid zip file in my repo Sleepy. Sorry for that Rolleyes
(2015-01-01, 22:29)bromix Wrote: SD (~576-480p) HD (720p) and Full HD (1080p) Wink I could maybe add to my framework a support for LD (360p)
Do you need this option or is this request more because it's missing? Smile You're the first asking for this Smile

It's just that when I configure the quality, there's only 2 choices, SD and HD while in HD, we may have 720p and 1080p and in SD we may have 240p or 360p or 480p (anyway 360p quality will make my screen flicker constantly, I don't know why). My network connection is not stable sometimes so if in any case I choose HD, I just hope I have a choice between 720p and 1080p. The same case with SD quality. If you can add more specific choices in the quality section, I would really appreciate. In general, the addon is good.
(2015-01-02, 20:34)lehoang24121992 Wrote: I just hope I have a choice between 720p and 1080p.
Kodi is (not yet) able to play the YT 1080p (dash) streams:
(this is a year old)
Quote:YT no longer serves combined 1080p audio/video streams. 1080p is still available, but only in a different streaming format called "DASH" or "MSE" (which may be different names for one and the same thing, or it may be two different new formats - didn't dig deep enough).

This new format has audio and video in two seperate streams (with matching PTS one would hope, didn't check).

Inspired by the script that grew out of http://userscripts.org/topics/132206?pag...sts-519028 I got the "DASH" video stream to work; but for playback including audio the two seperate streams - audio and video - will need to be fed to XBMC.

I've had a look at the XBMC code; I didn't see a way how that would be possible out of the box. Looking further, it certainly seems that writing a InputStream / Demuxer implementation for XBMC's DVDPlayer core is possible.
Hey bromix.

There's probably nothing you can do yourself to fix this (I think it's a compatibility issue Debian python and theKodi request module), but it manifested itself when using your YouTube plugin, so in case anyone else is having these issues, here's the problem and a workaround.

I'm running Kodi 14 from the deb-multimedia.org site using all of the default python packages supplied with Debian. (I'm running Debian unstable.)

Running the YouTube plugin was failing with the following error:
Code:
11:51:52 T:140649924527872   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'PROTOCOL_SSLv3'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/myusername/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib import youtube
                                              File "/home/myusername/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                from .provider import Provider
                                              File "/home/myusername/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/provider.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.youtube.client import YouTube
                                              File "/home/myusername/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                from .youtube import YouTube
                                              File "/home/myusername/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client/youtube.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                import requests
                                              File "/home/myusername/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/__init__.py", line 53, in <module>
                                                from .packages.urllib3.contrib import pyopenssl
                                              File "/home/myusername/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py", line 73, in <module>
                                                ssl.PROTOCOL_SSLv3: OpenSSL.SSL.SSLv3_METHOD,
                                            AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'PROTOCOL_SSLv3'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
11:51:52 T:140649924527872    INFO: Python script stopped

Lots of investigation, I found out that back in November, SSLv3 was removed from the Debian python packages because of security concerns (POODLE). Unfortunately, the script.module.requests module is still looking for SSLv3...doesn't find it compiled into the Debian python packages and fails.

What I did was simply remove (or comment out) this line in the ~/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py:
Code:
ssl.PROTOCOL_SSLv3: OpenSSL.SSL.SSLv3_METHOD,
(2015-01-02, 21:32)TravellingGuy Wrote: Hey bromix.

There's probably nothing you can do yourself to fix this (I think it's a compatibility issue Debian python and theKodi request module), but it manifested itself when using your YouTube plugin, so in case anyone else is having these issues, here's the problem and a workaround.

I'm running Kodi 14 from the deb-multimedia.org site using all of the default python packages supplied with Debian. (I'm running Debian unstable.)

My plan is to drop the requests module in the future Wink
Hey Bromix,

I've posted the upper described problem in the support forum of the skin as well. Maybe someone their knows a solution.

Greets

Matze
(2015-01-02, 20:34)lehoang24121992 Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 22:29)bromix Wrote: SD (~576-480p) HD (720p) and Full HD (1080p) Wink I could maybe add to my framework a support for LD (360p)
Do you need this option or is this request more because it's missing? Smile You're the first asking for this Smile

It's just that when I configure the quality, there's only 2 choices, SD and HD while in HD, we may have 720p and 1080p and in SD we may have 240p or 360p or 480p (anyway 360p quality will make my screen flicker constantly, I don't know why). My network connection is not stable sometimes so if in any case I choose HD, I just hope I have a choice between 720p and 1080p. The same case with SD quality. If you can add more specific choices in the quality section, I would really appreciate. In general, the addon is good.

Again...HD is only 720p by definition. Full HD is 1080p, it's like HD ready and HD TV (only 720p) and HD Ready 1080p (1080p) (See link).
I come up with something to provide more resolutions Wink

(2015-01-02, 22:09)MadZeh Wrote: Hey Bromix,

I've posted the upper described problem in the support forum of the skin as well. Maybe someone their knows a solution.

Greets

Matze
Thanks Smile

Regarding the update issues...please check your XBMC/Kodi/addon folder....if there is a folder plugin.video.youtube-[VERSION]....try to rename the folder with the highest number to plugin.video.youtube. After that the updates should work again. Again...sorry for that Confused
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20