• 21(current)
Req Titan skin feature requests
(2015-01-03, 13:25)Simograndi Wrote: Here there are the icons, hope you like them Smile

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hl7pic..._icons.rar

Anyway still no sign of new strings on Transifex...

Nice!

clean, simple and universal - as God intended [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]
(2015-01-03, 14:30)mgonzales Wrote: Nice!

clean, simple and universal - as God intended [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Big GrinBig Grin thank you!
(2015-01-03, 14:32)Simograndi Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 14:30)mgonzales Wrote: Nice!

Big GrinBig Grin thank you!

You're welcome!

Did you try them out in the skin yet?

If you pulled a Git copy of the skin the textures are unpacked so it's easier to work with media.

The other option is the unpack and repack the textures of your installed skin

I prefer this tool to manage xbt files if you don't already know about it:

201883 (thread)

I haven't swapped them in myself - but they should look fine - they appear to be an inverse of the existing icons...

Should give better contrast and easier targeting for the touch input user... A simple yet effective change.

Awesome that Marcel has active user input, testing and contributors to his skin.

Thanks for joining in!

To the folks lurking - don't be shy - join in.... all the cool kids are doing it!

hehehe :-)

- Mario
(2015-01-03, 13:25)Simograndi Wrote: Here there are the icons, hope you like them Smile

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hl7pic..._icons.rar

Anyway still no sign of new strings on Transifex...

I just placed them in and they look really nice.
Available in next beta update ;-) Thanks for contributing.

To look for yourself you can indeed (like mario said) download the media folder from github and place the content in the media subfolder of the skin.
To change textures of the classic theme it's a bit more complicated as you have to build a textures file (classic.xbt) to do that.
Yes I knew that method nut not that tool Smile anyway I've tried them but didn't have time to post a screenshot...
(2015-01-03, 18:13)Simograndi Wrote: Yes I knew that method nut not that tool Smile anyway I've tried them but didn't have time to post a screenshot...

Here the screenshots of your new icons in action:

Indeed they do look nice in action :-)

Marcel,

After looking at the latest (Git version) extended info script by phil65 I am glad you are going to be supporting it - he did a great job on it.
I see something new upon posters.... Tongue interesting! Any plan adding those boxes I sent you some time ago?
Not sure if this was requested before or not. But, it would be awesome if it's possible to intergrade the skin into the Rom Collection Browser addon
(2015-01-04, 01:38)Simograndi Wrote: I see something new upon posters.... Tongue interesting! Any plan adding those boxes I sent you some time ago?

Ah, that's because I'm using mediabrowser myself. That let's you add cover flows at serverside for all clients.

I will take a look at integrating those overlays but not within the next weeks because it's a hell of a job to do that in every section now, especially because I allready use some sort of overlays now.
You might want to take a look at mediabrowser ;-)

(2015-01-04, 01:40)Tim8 Wrote: Not sure if this was requested before or not. But, it would be awesome if it's possible to intergrade the skin into the Rom Collection Browser addon

Yes this has been requested a few times but I can't really figure out what to integrate in the skin :-)
I have to dive into this or can you provide me some info or screenshots how this integration would look like ?
No hurry, I know there are most important things to fix and develop before Smile Anyway I'm gonna inform more about mediabrowser...
(2015-01-04, 01:41)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 01:38)Simograndi Wrote: I see something new upon posters.... Tongue interesting! Any plan adding those boxes I sent you some time ago?

Ah, that's because I'm using mediabrowser myself. That let's you add cover flows at serverside for all clients.

I will take a look at integrating those overlays but not within the next weeks because it's a hell of a job to do that in every section now, especially because I allready use some sort of overlays now.
You might want to take a look at mediabrowser ;-)

(2015-01-04, 01:40)Tim8 Wrote: Not sure if this was requested before or not. But, it would be awesome if it's possible to intergrade the skin into the Rom Collection Browser addon

Yes this has been requested a few times but I can't really figure out what to integrate in the skin :-)
I have to dive into this or can you provide me some info or screenshots how this integration would look like ?

I am not a actual user of the ROM Collection browser but it's my understanding that the skin that it comes with by default is in the style of confluence.

I think skin support is just you defining skins /overlays for your particular skin to match the style.

Beyond that I don't think there's any real integration with the skin itself...

It looks a tad involved but I found this resource / wiki page with info on skin dev for it:

https://code.google.com/p/romcollectionb...kinningRCB

Hope that helps,

Mario

Something like this:

Home screen with favorite games widget or most recently played.

Game browser for big panel details:

(2015-01-04, 02:03)mgonzales Wrote: I am not a actual user of the ROM Collection browser but it's my understanding that the skin that it comes with by default is in the style of confluence.

I think skin support is just you defining skins /overlays for your particular skin to match the style.

Beyond that I don't think there's any real integration with the skin itself...

It looks a tad involved but I found this resource / wiki page with info on skin dev for it:

https://code.google.com/p/romcollectionb...kinningRCB

Hope that helps,

Mario

@Tim8 and mario:

thanks for the additional info. Looks pretty straight forward with the info I see now.
I've added it to my todo list (first post on this thread) so will add it somewhere within the next few weeks.
Also a win for me because the wife asked me a while ago to add the old super mario bros to our httpc which I believe is possible with this addon :-)
(2015-01-04, 01:55)Simograndi Wrote: No hurry, I know there are most important things to fix and develop before Smile Anyway I'm gonna inform more about mediabrowser...

Marcel,

Sell me on media browser ;-)

but seriously I'm pretty ignorant on it since I've never actually installed it - always was under the impression that it had a lot of functional overlap with XBMC - isn't the code actually based on an old fork of XBMC?

I have basic understanding from the little research I have made that the rudimentary purpose of it as a media collection management platform with distribution to different devices and apps under one umbrella

I guess I still go the boring old-school route with NAS. SMB, UPNP etc :-)

Maybe that will be next weekend project - install MB3 and play around for educational purposes [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Mario
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin feature requests4