• 15(current)
Release Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix
Hello,

I just came across your skin and I absolutely loved the screenshots, so i wanted to try it out myself.
I installed the zip file without any problems, but i seem to be missing some background layers, and I have no idea how to make them appear.
I reinstalled Kodi (stable version for windows) twice with no luck.

Kind regards

Screenshots:

Hi all,

Nice work on the update to Helix. Its working fine on the Win 7 build here but fails on openelec. The fail occurs after the skin is installed and asks if i want to switch to the skin (yes | no). When choosing yes I get the 'missing files' error.

Looking at the log the error seems to be
Code:
12:07:29 T:139696990562048    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'Could not read plug-in directory /usr/lib/kodi/addons: No such file or directory'
12:07:29 T:139696990562048   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Not all directories were successfully scanned.'
12:07:29 T:139698309547904   ERROR: failed to load requested skin 'skin.amber'
12:07:29 T:139698309547904    INFO: Unloading old skin ...

http://pastebin.com/4VYrpH4x

Obviously /usr/lib/kodi/addons exists and has correct permisssions. Happy to help resolve this if no one has answers but need some idea of where to start

Cheers
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
There is obviously something wrong in Openelec/linux builds of KODI. Report the issue to developers or it won't be fixed.

You can always brute force install skin - copy widgets script, favourites and skin.amber to addons Dir. Restart KODI. Without widgets you won't have shelf and without script.favourites you can't customize home menu. Make sure to post a debug log when reporting install issues.

I will make a release version after but I can't do it now - I'm trying to catch all changes and problems with Helix compatibility as a lot has changed in skins and developement is pretty rapid ATM.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I believe I've now got it working on openelec helix. I enabled Amber from the disabled add-ons, then changed to amber in appearance and all seems fine. I have the shelf and can customise the home screen.

No idea why this has worked though.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
(2015-01-06, 22:31)DarrenHill Wrote: Under the add-ons menu, add-ons browser, go to the enabled add-on list, then select skins and Amber. That should give you the information screen, which includes the version number.

Hmm - don't see it. Just says Amber by pecinko. No bloatware just you media.....

Update: Doh - entering that then shows the version 1.7.1. Better try install again....and....success this time! Smile
i installed 2.0.3 master and it works great can anyone confirm though that when you add to favourites the text is off to the right and not under the thumbnail

thanks
I installed version 2.0.3 from Pecinko's github on the 1st page of this forum and installed from zip in Kodi on my Windows 8.1 pc. I got the message "Do you want to switch to this skin now?" So I chose yes and I got the message "missing files, unable to switch skin" or something like that. I then went to Add-ons > Disabled Add-ons and Amber appears but is obviously disabled. I then enabled it from here and then went to the appearance menu, I changed the skin to Amber from here and it is working fine now!

Not sure why it did not work when I installed from zip but I hope this helps anyone getting the "missing files" error.

Thanks

Dalsim
(2015-01-08, 04:00)rocketpants Wrote: I believe I've now got it working on openelec helix. I enabled Amber from the disabled add-ons, then changed to amber in appearance and all seems fine. I have the shelf and can customise the home screen.

Same thing worked for me. In addition, it survives reboots with no complaints.
(2015-01-08, 10:15)flashgordon Wrote: i installed 2.0.3 master and it works great can anyone confirm though that when you add to favourites the text is off to the right and not under the thumbnail

thanks

Here the same Problem. I fixed it and give Info to Pecinko.
PECINKO thank you for this!

It's the best skin on the Pi !!! Very fast and attractive. Works brilliantly!

Cheers.
(2015-01-09, 00:45)Gismo112 Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 10:15)flashgordon Wrote: i installed 2.0.3 master and it works great can anyone confirm though that when you add to favourites the text is off to the right and not under the thumbnail

thanks

Here the same Problem. I fixed it and give Info to Pecinko.

Included now. Thanks mate!

(2015-01-09, 15:24)mombasa123 Wrote: PECINKO thank you for this!

It's the best skin on the Pi !!! Very fast and attractive. Works brilliantly!

Cheers.

You're welcome.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Awesome great to get this skin back!

I had a bit of a problem, if you try to install from zip if you already have the older version installed you get an error about missing files. But once I deleted the older version of the skin and then installed from zip, it installed/ran with no problem.

Thanks again!
+1... after trying over a dozen skins, I keep coming back to Amber. Simple yet customizable is what it it's about.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-01-08, 04:00)rocketpants Wrote: I believe I've now got it working on openelec helix. I enabled Amber from the disabled add-ons, then changed to amber in appearance and all seems fine. I have the shelf and can customise the home screen.

This solved the problem! Thanks!
Hi

Great skin.

I have picked up 2 alignment issues.

The first is on the favourites screen as shown here http://imgur.com/GdKvvMW,xuj1L2l#1, The names of the movies are not properly aligned.

The second is on the movie info screen http://imgur.com/GdKvvMW,xuj1L2l#0. The director, year etc is not aligned properly.

Also, the weather on the main screen is no correct. The town that it displays is correct, but the weather is different to the one displayed in the weather section. I use Yahoo weather.

I am running Amber on Openelec 5.0 (Kodi V14) on a RPi.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix4