• 47(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)

(2015-01-07, 06:55)levelt8t Wrote: The new graphics are def welcomed. However I can't access my recent subscription videos anymore... Can I still access my recent subcr vids? Nod
Quote:New uploaded videos of your subs are under 'my subscriptions'
Is your Google+ connected to YouTube?

Hey Bromix, thanks for the quick reply. My Google+ account is indeed connected to my YouTube account. Do I have to disconnect it? If so, do you know how I go about doing this?
(2015-01-04, 12:31)bromix Wrote:
Quote:I installed the latest version and tried the above with Gotham 12.3 but it did not work - no error even. I called the plugin from the latest version of LiveStreamsPro.

Here's what I used: plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=latin+signal+jaime+bayly

Any ideas?

Also is it possible to call the plugin to return a list from a subscription via an addon and not from youtube itself? same goes with a playlist.
I know I can launch the youtube app to play a single video if I pass the video id but I am looking to call the addon to launch youtube and return the subscribed channel or playlist.

Thanks in advance.

The ID was wrong.
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=latin+signal+jaime+bayly

Returning only lists or other results no. But you can play a playlist with:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/playlist_id=[PLID]

Thanks Bromix for your hard work and support.
I tried the above but it says "playback failed" saying something about mapping search/query not found:
Code:

I tried this one and it also errors out:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/playlist_id=PLNBLBVAeye9X6lsrIifF30eVtiFQVH3gM

The playlist I wanted was: hxxps://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNBLBVAeye9X6lsrIifF30eVtiFQVH3gM
(2015-01-07, 22:09)Hufvudet Wrote: Newbie here. Just updated to Helix 14.o and Youtube 5.0.1. I'm also signed into my youtube account via the activation page.

My problem: Using Aeon Nox skin and trying to access trailers like I used to (from individual info page of each movie in my library) I'm being directed to the Youtube add-on "frontpage" and not the actual trailer for the movie. There's no automated search like before. Is this no longer possible since the update?

Please help!

Tested it yesterday with Aeon Nox and it worked flawlessly Smile please provide me with a complete log after you tried to play a trailer. I will look into it.

(2015-01-07, 23:45)levelt8t Wrote:
(2015-01-07, 06:55)levelt8t Wrote: The new graphics are def welcomed. However I can't access my recent subscription videos anymore... Can I still access my recent subcr vids? Nod
Quote:New uploaded videos of your subs are under 'my subscriptions'
Is your Google+ connected to YouTube?

Hey Bromix, thanks for the quick reply. My Google+ account is indeed connected to my YouTube account. Do I have to disconnect it? If so, do you know how I go about doing this?

No, they mus stay connected. In one case I had to create an empty channel to get this work with a fake account for some tests. Do you have a channel? You can set the channel to private. After that I'm out of ideas.
(2015-01-08, 06:44)superryo Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 12:31)bromix Wrote:
Quote:I installed the latest version and tried the above with Gotham 12.3 but it did not work - no error even. I called the plugin from the latest version of LiveStreamsPro.

Here's what I used: plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=latin+signal+jaime+bayly

Any ideas?

Also is it possible to call the plugin to return a list from a subscription via an addon and not from youtube itself? same goes with a playlist.
I know I can launch the youtube app to play a single video if I pass the video id but I am looking to call the addon to launch youtube and return the subscribed channel or playlist.

Thanks in advance.

The ID was wrong.
Code:

Code:

I tried the above but it says "playback failed" saying something about mapping search/query not found:
Code:

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/playlist_id=PLNBLBVAeye9X6lsrIifF30eVtiFQVH3gM

The playlist I wanted was: hxxps://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNBLBVAeye9X6lsrIifF30eVtiFQVH3gM

This works perfectly if the missing question mark was there.
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PLNBLBVAeye9X6lsrIifF30eVtiFQVH3gM

Can you provide me with a complete log...I also will PR the current 5.0.3...maybe this update will solve many problems (or come with new ones Smile )
(2015-01-08, 08:47)bromix Wrote: [quote='Hufvudet' pid='1884600' dateline='1420661368']
Newbie here. Just updated to Helix 14.o and Youtube 5.0.1. I'm also signed into my youtube account via the activation page.

My problem: Using Aeon Nox skin and trying to access trailers like I used to (from individual info page of each movie in my library) I'm being directed to the Youtube add-on "frontpage" and not the actual trailer for the movie. There's no automated search like before. Is this no longer possible since the update?

Please help!

Tested it yesterday with Aeon Nox and it worked flawlessly Smile please provide me with a complete log after you tried to play a trailer. I will look into it.

Tried to create a debug log but got "script failed" when attempting to send the log to my email...

Anyway, I think I left out a vital peace of information in my last post. I run Plexbmc 3.5.5 which means all my media go through Plex server. Just to test if this was the problem I mapped up a couple of movies the normal way in Kodi and voila, trailers worked just like before via the context menu! The thing is, trailers worked perfectly with plexbmc before the updated youtube add-on. Can this be fixed to work again? Do you need a debug log to even look into it?

Thanks!
(2015-01-08, 14:26)Hufvudet Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 08:47)bromix Wrote: [quote='Hufvudet' pid='1884600' dateline='1420661368']
Newbie here. Just updated to Helix 14.o and Youtube 5.0.1. I'm also signed into my youtube account via the activation page.

Please help!

Tried to create a debug log but got "script failed" when attempting to send the log to my email...

Anyway, I think I left out a vital peace of information in my last post. I run Plexbmc 3.5.5 which means all my media go through Plex server. Just to test if this was the problem I mapped up a couple of movies the normal way in Kodi and voila, trailers worked just like before via the context menu! The thing is, trailers worked perfectly with plexbmc before the updated youtube add-on. Can this be fixed to work again? Do you need a debug log to even look into it?

Thanks!

Yes, I need to see what URL is calling the YT-Addon, so I understand how the other YT-Addon handled this.
Thanks for the great addon! Does the API provide support for personalized video recommendations?
Hey bromix,

Any news regarding the OS X issue ?

By the way, I asked a friend of mine with OS X Yosemite to
Check his system, and he said that it happens to him as well.

10x
(2015-01-09, 00:50)yonika Wrote: Hey bromix,

Any news regarding the OS X issue ?

By the way, I asked a friend of mine with OS X Yosemite to
Check his system, and he said that it happens to him as well.

10x
Can you test the v5.0.3? It's official via KODI repo. I changed some parts which could result in an error like yours. I wasn't able to install it. I got the 2 Minute freeze bug while installing. I wait for feedback of the v5.0.3...but I try again the installation.
Is there any way to download videos in 5.0.3 like there was in 4.4.10?
(2015-01-06, 19:16)bromix Wrote: Yes...if you would Smile maybe someone has some hint on this behavior?

I tried with Confluence and the result is the same. I even tried fast forwarding like 2m into the media.

Perhaps, I am doing something wrong? I press stop, and then press play. And the video starts from the beginning without any warnings.
(2015-01-08, 09:03)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 06:44)superryo Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 12:31)bromix Wrote: The ID was wrong.
Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

This works perfectly if the missing question mark was there.
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PLNBLBVAeye9X6lsrIifF30eVtiFQVH3gM

Can you provide me with a complete log...I also will PR the current 5.0.3...maybe this update will solve many problems (or come with new ones Smile )

Not sure how to get the logs off the android box. However I added the question mark as you suggested and it works great. It presented the list that I can choose - default, reverse or random order. Can we force a default?
2nd question is - is there a way to present the playlist so the user can choose which video to play? While this works great for random playlist, it may not be so great if I wanted a particular song in a playlist.

I am on version 5.0.3 so not sure if that solved the problem.

As for the other example "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=latin+signal+jaime+bayly". Is the expected behavior to return a list of video?

Thanks again for all your great work.

oh and can we play videos from a channel the same way we play from a playlist?
(2015-01-09, 06:48)superryo Wrote: Not sure how to get the logs off the android box. However I added the question mark as you suggested and it works great. It presented the list that I can choose - default, reverse or random order. Can we force a default?
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PLNBLBVAeye9X6lsrIifF30eVtiFQVH3gM&order=[default|reverse|shuffle]
You can provide one of the three. If nothing is provided the 'default' order is used.

(2015-01-09, 06:48)superryo Wrote: 2nd question is - is there a way to present the playlist so the user can choose which video to play? While this works great for random playlist, it may not be so great if I wanted a particular song in a playlist.
Inside of a playlist you can choose 'Play from here' - after that you will be asked for the order and the playlist will start with the selected video. Do you mean something like this?

(2015-01-09, 06:48)superryo Wrote: As for the other example "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=latin+signal+jaime+bayly". Is the expected behavior to return a list of video?
No, this will return nothing, but update the container with the result.

(2015-01-09, 06:48)superryo Wrote: oh and can we play videos from a channel the same way we play from a playlist?

At the moment not, because if the upload playlist of the channel contains 1000 Videos, I have to load somehow first the 1000 videos (because of pagination). Therefore I provided no feature for that (for now).

(2015-01-09, 03:11)lrob Wrote: Is there any way to download videos in 5.0.3 like there was in 4.4.10?

At the moment no.
(2015-01-09, 10:55)bromix Wrote: [quote='superryo' pid='1886098' dateline='1420778937']
Not sure how to get the logs off the android box. However I added the question mark as you suggested and it works great. It presented the list that I can choose - default, reverse or random order. Can we force a default?
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PLNBLBVAeye9X6lsrIifF30eVtiFQVH3gM&order=[default|reverse|shuffle]
You can provide one of the three. If nothing is provided the 'default' order is used.

I put the order parameter as you suggested but still get a screen asking "select the order of the playlist". It's a if it is ignoring whatever I set as default.

(2015-01-09, 06:48)superryo Wrote: 2nd question is - is there a way to present the playlist so the user can choose which video to play? While this works great for random playlist, it may not be so great if I wanted a particular song in a playlist.
Inside of a playlist you can choose 'Play from here' - after that you will be asked for the order and the playlist will start with the selected video. Do you mean something like this?

Not really. What I mean is to be presented with a list where I can choose which video to watch. For example if I go to youtube app and choose a playlist, I get a list of videos. This method starts the video directly only.

(2015-01-09, 06:48)superryo Wrote: As for the other example "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=latin+signal+jaime+bayly". Is the expected behavior to return a list of video?
No, this will return nothing, but update the container with the result.
First off great add on!

I have two feature requests:

When I go to one my playlist and hit play, the old add on would play all the videos automatically in a row (one after the other), however in your add on it just opens the playlist and lists the videos. I have play each video one by one. (not sure if this is what other users are describing or not)

Also, can there be an upload date/time for the videos. I have multiple boxes that I watch youtube on and there is no way to sync what is watched from the new subscription videos playlist. If I can identify yesterdays videos from today on each box, it would be a great help. The old addon simply just listed the upload date along with the description.

Keep up the amazing stuff.
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20