• 48(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Thanks for the excellent work bromix
just one question.
is there a way to save the view option?
i cannot save it to wall, every time when I close Kodi, it goes back to list view.
(2015-01-09, 01:02)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 00:50)yonika Wrote: Hey bromix,

Any news regarding the OS X issue ?

By the way, I asked a friend of mine with OS X Yosemite to
Check his system, and he said that it happens to him as well.

10x
Can you test the v5.0.3? It's official via KODI repo. I changed some parts which could result in an error like yours. I wasn't able to install it. I got the 2 Minute freeze bug while installing. I wait for feedback of the v5.0.3...but I try again the installation.

Hey, i tested the new version and it still crashes unfortunately Sad
same exception - EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

here are the logs
http://pastebin.com/mxjSke5K
http://pastebin.com/As7C728f

Sorry to disappoint Sad
hope it can be fixed soon...

About the Yosemite installation, aren't there any pre installed VMs to download somewhere ?
Jonathan
Bromix - do you know how to get the addon to auto update? I had 5.0.0 but the box never updated to 5.0.3 until i installed via zip file. Do I need a specific repository installed?
At myaccount.google.com under "Connected apps and services" I have the following two devices listed:
"YouTube TV" - Authorization date December 14, 2014
"YouTube XBMC Plugin" - Authorization date June 4, 2013

Judging by the date, "YouTube TV" is the Bromix/Helix YT add-on. Since the old add-on has XBMC in the title it would be nice if the new add-on showed up as "YouTube Kodi add-on".
Hi Bromix,

I installed the Youtube addon today but can't get it to activate. When pressing "sign in" a popup tells me to go to youtube.com/activate, which I did, but i can't find the code I am supposed to enter on the website.
I just get the update of the plugin to 5.0.3 on KODI with OpenELEC 5. But "youtube live" still no there. Anybody have same issue !? Do I need to do uninstall and install !? And also there is no indicator at the channel name show the live event is going on.
(2015-01-09, 17:41)superryo Wrote: I put the order parameter as you suggested but still get a screen asking "select the order of the playlist". It's a if it is ignoring whatever I set as default.
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PLNBLBVAeye9X6lsrIifF30eVtiFQVH3gM&order=default
works like a charm Smile can you provide me with a full log?

(2015-01-09, 17:41)superryo Wrote: Inside of a playlist you can choose 'Play from here' - after that you will be asked for the order and the playlist will start with the selected video. Do you mean something like this?

Not really. What I mean is to be presented with a list where I can choose which video to watch. For example if I go to youtube app and choose a playlist, I get a list of videos. This method starts the video directly only.
This makes no sense Wink select a playlist and select the video inside the playlist. If you wan't to play the complete playlist use the context menu and select 'Play all' or 'Play from here' Smile

(2015-01-09, 22:31)ragedogg69 Wrote: First off great add on!

I have two feature requests:

When I go to one my playlist and hit play, the old add on would play all the videos automatically in a row (one after the other), however in your add on it just opens the playlist and lists the videos. I have play each video one by one. (not sure if this is what other users are describing or not)
See the FAQ on the first page how to work with a playlist Wink

(2015-01-09, 22:31)ragedogg69 Wrote: Also, can there be an upload date/time for the videos. I have multiple boxes that I watch youtube on and there is no way to sync what is watched from the new subscription videos playlist. If I can identify yesterdays videos from today on each box, it would be a great help. The old addon simply just listed the upload date along with the description.

Keep up the amazing stuff.
Sorry, but the skin should already provide everything. A addon shouldn't do the stuff a skin is missing based on the content (in this case content type 'episodes' is set).
(2015-01-10, 16:10)dimaceti Wrote: Hi Bromix,

I installed the Youtube addon today but can't get it to activate. When pressing "sign in" a popup tells me to go to youtube.com/activate, which I did, but i can't find the code I am supposed to enter on the website.

See FAQ on the first page. You can't see the code because of the skin. I try something in the future to resolve the error made by the designers Wink

(2015-01-09, 22:52)Sturaro Wrote: Thanks for the excellent work bromix
just one question.
is there a way to save the view option?
i cannot save it to wall, every time when I close Kodi, it goes back to list view.

Skin?

(2015-01-10, 01:30)superryo Wrote: Bromix - do you know how to get the addon to auto update? I had 5.0.0 but the box never updated to 5.0.3 until i installed via zip file. Do I need a specific repository installed?
KODI should update your addons. No zip needed.

(2015-01-10, 10:40)nikstra Wrote: At myaccount.google.com under "Connected apps and services" I have the following two devices listed:
"YouTube TV" - Authorization date December 14, 2014
"YouTube XBMC Plugin" - Authorization date June 4, 2013

Judging by the date, "YouTube TV" is the Bromix/Helix YT add-on. Since the old add-on has XBMC in the title it would be nice if the new add-on showed up as "YouTube Kodi add-on".
Sorry not possible. I interface with 'YouTube TV' to use all possible features. If you register YouTube TV via your Samsung TV you won't see there 'Samsung YouTube TV' or would you? Wink

(2015-01-10, 16:21)apenape Wrote: I just get the update of the plugin to 5.0.3 on KODI with OpenELEC 5. But "youtube live" still no there. Anybody have same issue !? Do I need to do uninstall and install !? And also there is no indicator at the channel name show the live event is going on.

See FAQ on the first page.

(2015-01-09, 23:11)yonika Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 01:02)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 00:50)yonika Wrote: Hey bromix,

Any news regarding the OS X issue ?

By the way, I asked a friend of mine with OS X Yosemite to
Check his system, and he said that it happens to him as well.

10x
Can you test the v5.0.3? It's official via KODI repo. I changed some parts which could result in an error like yours. I wasn't able to install it. I got the 2 Minute freeze bug while installing. I wait for feedback of the v5.0.3...but I try again the installation.

Hey, i tested the new version and it still crashes unfortunately Sad
same exception - EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

here are the logs
http://pastebin.com/mxjSke5K
http://pastebin.com/As7C728f

Sorry to disappoint Sad
hope it can be fixed soon...

About the Yosemite installation, aren't there any pre installed VMs to download somewhere ?
Jonathan

Pre-Installed would help Smile but I found a lot of problems with Yosemite regarding this error. Not only with python, but with all kinds of frameworks. The other thing is python 2.6 has a lot of bugs which are fixed with in the 2.7 life-cycle (which I'm mostly developing with). I can't tell if I'm able to fix this without debugging or someone else can test this on a mac machine.
How to download video?
(2015-01-10, 21:31)giaur Wrote: How to download video?

Please read the FAQ on the first page.
Haven't found a thing to complain about in quite a while. Ths addon has really been coming along.
Was wondering if support for collections (under subscriptions) was planned for future update? Thanks again Bromix.
(2015-01-10, 22:39)dkplayaclub Wrote: Haven't found a thing to complain about in quite a while. Ths addon has really been coming along.
Was wondering if support for collections (under subscriptions) was planned for future update? Thanks again Bromix.

Thanks Smile good to hear Smile
Collections would be cool...but the API is missing this feature. I filed an issue (GData YouTube APIv3) because of that. I have also a big interest in collections.
(2015-01-10, 19:37)bromix Wrote: Pre-Installed would help Smile but I found a lot of problems with Yosemite regarding this error. Not only with python, but with all kinds of frameworks. The other thing is python 2.6 has a lot of bugs which are fixed with in the 2.7 life-cycle (which I'm mostly developing with). I can't tell if I'm able to fix this without debugging or someone else can test this on a mac machine.

Hi, I found this - http://www.freakplay.net/threads/os-x-yo...-14.13709/

This is a pre-installed image with other needed bunch of stuff, I haven't tried it myself, but it might be good to go.

Regarding someone with mac to test, I'm more than willing to, just tell me what's needed.

About Kodi for mac coming with python 2.6, where do we need to request this change to 2.7 ?

As this is now the official youtube addon that comes from the official kodi repository, I think it should be addressed with importance in kodi 14.1.

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan.
(2015-01-10, 23:18)yonika Wrote:
(2015-01-10, 19:37)bromix Wrote: Pre-Installed would help Smile but I found a lot of problems with Yosemite regarding this error. Not only with python, but with all kinds of frameworks. The other thing is python 2.6 has a lot of bugs which are fixed with in the 2.7 life-cycle (which I'm mostly developing with). I can't tell if I'm able to fix this without debugging or someone else can test this on a mac machine.

This is a pre-installed image with other needed bunch of stuff, I haven't tried it myself, but it might be good to go.

Regarding someone with mac to test, I'm more than willing to, just tell me what's needed.

About Kodi for mac coming with python 2.6, where do we need to request this change to 2.7 ?

As this is now the official youtube addon that comes from the official kodi repository, I think it should be addressed with importance in kodi 14.1.

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan.

I'm thinking about creating an addon for tests via my repo...so you can get easily new updates. I stuff the addon with some logging information and we try to isolate the cause of the exception.
(2015-01-10, 23:29)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-10, 23:18)yonika Wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan.

I'm thinking about creating an addon for tests via my repo...so you can get easily new updates. I stuff the addon with some logging information and we try to isolate the cause of the exception.

where can I get the repo from ? could you give me a link to the zip file ?
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20