• 20(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
Sorry, here is the screenshot:

(2015-01-08, 19:15)Smille Wrote: Sorry, here is the screenshot:

I see I need to move the scrollbar too. Will post an update tonight. Thanks for pointing this out.
(2015-01-08, 05:18)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-07, 22:46)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-07, 21:22)djstallion Wrote: I have Transifex account and I finished estonian translation by myself. Skin displays many strings still in english what are included in strings.po and also translated to estonian. I think You have incorrect hooks in skin files, etc string id and hooks in skin files didn't match. I hope You will understand, what I mean.
Will investigate tonight, but the skin xmls are fine. Maybe the other language string IDs don't match the English strings.po for some reason.

Update: Ah, I checked Transifex and see you submitted the Estonian translation 5 hours ago. I downloaded the languages last night and pushed them to git. So your changes are not in the git version of the skin yet. Will do another language update before I submit Mimic 1.0.2 to the repo later this week.

Hmm, I just did another download from Transifex, but Github isn't showing any changes from what I pushed last night. Can you give me an example of a string that you translated but is being displayed in English instead?
Translation was ready before You downloaded them to git. Later I have done only few fixes.
Please, here only few examples, translated and included installed git version (checked), but displayed in english (in skin settings):

Setup the main menu (and item description in bottom of screen)
Video plot preference (and item description in bottom of screen)
Navigation style for horizontal lists (and item description in bottom of screen)
Favourites view mode (and item description in bottom of screen)
etc...
The fanart overlay i mean i wanna see full colored pictures everywhere not blurred fanart i managed to do that in the homescreen menu but not everywhere
(2015-01-08, 20:17)djstallion Wrote: Translation was ready before You downloaded them to git. Later I have done only few fixes.
Please, here only few examples, translated and included installed git version (checked), but displayed in english (in skin settings):

Setup the main menu (and item description in bottom of screen)
Video plot preference (and item description in bottom of screen)
Navigation style for horizontal lists (and item description in bottom of screen)
Favourites view mode (and item description in bottom of screen)
etc...

Try it with the latest git and see if that fixes it. All I did was redownload the languages and push them to my git. I see there are several new Estonian translations.

This is my first time using Transifex so still learning how it works. I think what is happening is users submit translations on Transifex. Then the Kodi team periodically downloads the languages to the Kodi repo. Skinners like myself use the xbmc-langdload.exe tool to download the languages from the Kodi repo and then upload them to their skin repo. This process means that it takes a while for translations submitted on Transifex to make their way to the Kodi repo and be available to download.

For everyone that is working on translations, I'll try to regularly download the language updates and push them to my git. There are also going to be a handful of new strings to translate when Mimic 1.0.2 is submitted to the repo.

(2015-01-09, 00:58)mexxenpsv Wrote: The fanart overlay i mean i wanna see full colored pictures everywhere not blurred fanart i managed to do that in the homescreen menu but not everywhere

Sorry, I won't be adding a setting to remove the fanart overlay from the library views. Without the overlay it would be impossible to see text, etc.
(2015-01-08, 19:20)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 19:15)Smille Wrote: Sorry, here is the screenshot:

I see I need to move the scrollbar too. Will post an update tonight. Thanks for pointing this out.

Ok, so I pushed an update to github for you to try. I still can't test it on my system, so let me know how it works. I made the following changes:
  • Moved the scrollbar to the right edge of the screen to be consistent with rest of the skin. The top position is probably wrong, please let me know if it is.
  • Added the recording thumb to the right of the list. Used ListItem.Thumb, not sure if that is available for recordings.
  • Removed the recording plot from the list. Instead positioned it under the recording thumb.
(2015-01-08, 17:28)bryanbrazil Wrote: Thanks! Tripanel view didn't look too good after removing the background panels, so I removed it entirely. No plans to bring it back. Video end time has been added to the seekbar and will be in the next version.

Thanks for your prompt reply, good news on the video end time. Looking at what you've done with Mimic I believe that you're very demanding and always go the extra mile on the details, so I'm guessing that the Tripanel view might still look good enough for me. I searched the history of your github repository for previous iterations of your work with the Tripanel view, but missed to find any View_##_Tripanel.xml in the 1080i folder since the initial release. Could you point me out to the file so I could try it on my own?

About updates, I see you're committing changes on a daily basis on github, but that doesn't reflect (nor should it) on new versions of the skin being available through Kodi's UI. What's the best practice you advise for users regarding updating the skin:
  1. Wait for a new release on Kodi?
  2. Download regularly from github and update manually?
Keep up the good work, best regards,
Rolando
(2015-01-09, 05:19)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 19:20)bryanbrazil Wrote: [quote='Smille' pid='1885497' dateline='1420737315']

Ok, so I pushed an update to github for you to try. I still can't test it on my system, so let me know how it works. I made the following changes:
  • Moved the scrollbar to the right edge of the screen to be consistent with rest of the skin. The top position is probably wrong, please let me know if it is.
  • Added the recording thumb to the right of the list. Used ListItem.Thumb, not sure if that is available for recordings.
  • Removed the recording plot from the list. Instead positioned it under the recording thumb.

Thank you for your fast Response.

The Plot was still visible in the unselectet Listitem and its first line was not centered. I'm an absolute noob in skinning, so don't know the meaning of the line

<visible>Container.Content(addons)</visible>

in the part of the TextBox. But after deleting it, the plot under the Picture was visible.
(2015-01-09, 12:21)rolando.isidoro Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 17:28)bryanbrazil Wrote: Thanks! Tripanel view didn't look too good after removing the background panels, so I removed it entirely. No plans to bring it back. Video end time has been added to the seekbar and will be in the next version.

Thanks for your prompt reply, good news on the video end time. Looking at what you've done with Mimic I believe that you're very demanding and always go the extra mile on the details, so I'm guessing that the Tripanel view might still look good enough for me. I searched the history of your github repository for previous iterations of your work with the Tripanel view, but missed to find any View_##_Tripanel.xml in the 1080i folder since the initial release. Could you point me out to the file so I could try it on my own?

About updates, I see you're committing changes on a daily basis on github, but that doesn't reflect (nor should it) on new versions of the skin being available through Kodi's UI. What's the best practice you advise for users regarding updating the skin:
  1. Wait for a new release on Kodi?
  2. Download regularly from github and update manually?
Keep up the good work, best regards,
Rolando

To get TriPanel view back, you will need to get a copy of it from the Aeon Nox 5 skin. Then you'll need to add the include in Includes.xml and the view id number in MyVideoNav.xml and/or MyMusicNav.xml. Using a text editor like Notepad ++ will make it easier and you can use the following commit as a guide...

https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/comm...b2c68119d3

If you can wait a few days, I'll be submitting the new version to the repo. Just have a few things to clean up on PVR recordings window, etc. Development is slowing down now, though will still likely submit to the repo about every 2 weeks to keep up with language translations that are submitted on Transifex.

Or you can setup a git client to pull the latest changes from github whenever you want. This is a more work to setup (you have to learn git), but it makes it very easy to stay updated.

Final option is to download the zip from github and manually extract it to the skin folder.

Your choice, just depends on how much you want to get your hands dirty. Smile

(2015-01-09, 19:25)Smille Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 05:19)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 19:20)bryanbrazil Wrote: [quote='Smille' pid='1885497' dateline='1420737315']

Thank you for your fast Response.

The Plot was still visible in the unselectet Listitem and its first line was not centered. I'm an absolute noob in skinning, so don't know the meaning of the line

<visible>Container.Content(addons)</visible>

in the part of the TextBox. But after deleting it, the plot under the Picture was visible.

Oops, I had fixed focusedlayout but not itemlayout. You're right, that visibility condition shouldn't be there. I had copied that control from another xml.

Will push a fix to github in a bit.

Update: Fix pushed to github. Can you post another screenshot, I'm curious if it looks like I think it should.
(2015-01-09, 04:29)bryanbrazil Wrote: Try it with the latest git and see if that fixes it. All I did was redownload the languages and push them to my git. I see there are several new Estonian translations.

This is my first time using Transifex so still learning how it works. I think what is happening is users submit translations on Transifex. Then the Kodi team periodically downloads the languages to the Kodi repo. Skinners like myself use the xbmc-langdload.exe tool to download the languages from the Kodi repo and then upload them to their skin repo. This process means that it takes a while for translations submitted on Transifex to make their way to the Kodi repo and be available to download.

For everyone that is working on translations, I'll try to regularly download the language updates and push them to my git. There are also going to be a handful of new strings to translate when Mimic 1.0.2 is submitted to the repo.
Much better already!
I will test and use little bit more and if something still wrong with translations, I will let You know.
(2015-01-09, 19:54)djstallion Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 04:29)bryanbrazil Wrote: Try it with the latest git and see if that fixes it. All I did was redownload the languages and push them to my git. I see there are several new Estonian translations.

Much better already!
I will test and use little bit more and if something still wrong with translations, I will let You know.

Glad the translations showed up. Transifex updates will eventually make their way to the skin, just might take a little while.
Just added support for phil65's extendedinfo script. Press down from an actor on the video info window to activate. Code adapted from Steveb and Warner306's mod for Aeon Nox 5.
Bryanbrazil, is there any chance to get now playing info (etc in bottom bar) while browsing music library/files? I'm missing this function very much...
@ post 290 you say you won't make a setting to turn off the overlay. Could you please let us know where in the xml files I can change the overlay for myself to see what the effect is. I have been searching the xml files but can't find it.
(2015-01-10, 12:58)djstallion Wrote: Bryanbrazil, is there any chance to get now playing info (etc in bottom bar) while browsing music library/files? I'm missing this function very much...

Just added to git. I replaced the item/paging label when music is playing. Was going to replace the time in the middle of the topbar, but too difficult to align properly.

(2015-01-10, 18:13)maxdido Wrote: @ post 290 you say you won't make a setting to turn off the overlay. Could you please let us know where in the xml files I can change the overlay for myself to see what the effect is. I have been searching the xml files but can't find it.

Look in IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml at line 28. Comment out or remove the image control that uses background.png. You're on your own now, that's all the support I can give for this...
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9