• 37(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
(2015-01-11, 09:56)cmdr.adama Wrote:
(2015-01-11, 07:54)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: What kind of your 29.970Hz BDs are? Are they interlaced video? Could you switch the output to 1080i 60Hz if they are and try again?
The BDs are usually Music Concerts with 1080i59.94. But the stuttering also occurs with the Pendulum test which is available in a thread in yur vidon forum. This pendulum test uses 1080p29.97.Why you don't use it?

I tried to switch to 1080i60 with no succes. The automatic frequency switcher switches back to 1080pzp.

Can you tell us some names of the Music Concerts, so that we can play some of these BDs on the VidOn Box to find out the reason and fix the bug.
We may add an option to let users switch the output frame frequency manually.
(2015-01-12, 05:51)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: I just talked about the 720p UI issue with the developers, they said they will ask Allwinner if the UI resolution can be updated to 1080p.
However, we also worried about that if the rendering of 1080p UI would affect the performance of movie playback. So need time to look into this problem.
What sort of deranged babble is this? The gui does not show during video playback.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
the performance of movie playback is already affected , if you bring up the OSD , or Menu, playback slutters so it makes no difference

UI performance can be tweaked through advancedsettings xml , come on ... a31s is 4 cores , and the GPU included 8 cores , and still performance can even change based on the amount of apps you have installed

if you watch a SBS or TAB and change the UI to these modes , the UI is half the size and looks awful

if you don't want to change it , at least give the user the CHOICE

the same goes for all the removed options under video settings ( zoom view mode , zooming , black bars crop , etc ,etc ,etc )
(2015-01-12, 11:34)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2015-01-11, 09:56)cmdr.adama Wrote:
(2015-01-11, 07:54)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: What kind of your 29.970Hz BDs are? Are they interlaced video? Could you switch the output to 1080i 60Hz if they are and try again?
The BDs are usually Music Concerts with 1080i59.94. But the stuttering also occurs with the Pendulum test which is available in a thread in yur vidon forum. This pendulum test uses 1080p29.97.Why you don't use it?

I tried to switch to 1080i60 with no succes. The automatic frequency switcher switches back to 1080p60.

Can you tell us some names of the Music Concerts, so that we can play some of these BDs on the VidOn Box to find out the reason and fix the bug.
We may add an option to let users switch the output frame frequency manually.
I can't find the thread which contained the information about stuttering and test pattern anymore! I think you deleted the thread in your forum where users posted information about video stuttering, e.g. with 29.970/59.940 Hz. There were links to download video test patterns with different framerates.

Maybe you can recover the deleted threads in your forum to get the test pattern or you can ask your forum users to post the information again.

To give you a feedback on your request. All concert movies I tested with 1080i60 were suttering. Therefore it would be easy for you to find some. I also saw stuttering with 1080p25/i50 either after some chapter jumps or already at the beginning. One 1080i50 movie was not just stuttering but also had completely asynchronous audio output. I am sure that the stuttering doesn't depend on progressive or interlaced movies! It occurs for both 1080p29.970 and 1080i59.940 movies! You would see it if you could use the test pattern.
(2015-01-12, 20:01)cmdr.adama Wrote: To give you a feedback on your request. All concert movies I tested with 1080i60 were suttering. Therefore it would be easy for you to find some.
If I were in their shoes I wouldn't take your complaint too seriously since you don't have the decency to provide the name of a specific concert Blu-ray that shows the issue.
(2015-01-12, 16:29)Trigu75 Wrote: the performance of movie playback is already affected , if you bring up the OSD , or Menu, playback slutters so it makes no difference

UI performance can be tweaked through advancedsettings xml , come on ... a31s is 4 cores , and the GPU included 8 cores , and still performance can even change based on the amount of apps you have installed

if you watch a SBS or TAB and change the UI to these modes , the UI is half the size and looks awful

if you don't want to change it , at least give the user the CHOICE

the same goes for all the removed options under video settings ( zoom view mode , zooming , black bars crop , etc ,etc ,etc )
We also hope to change the resolution to 1080p, and the removed options under video settings also will be back in the next version.

(2015-01-12, 20:01)cmdr.adama Wrote: I can't find the thread which contained the information about stuttering and test pattern anymore! I think you deleted the thread in your forum where users posted information about video stuttering, e.g. with 29.970/59.940 Hz. There were links to download video test patterns with different framerates.

Maybe you can recover the deleted threads in your forum to get the test pattern or you can ask your forum users to post the information again.

To give you a feedback on your request. All concert movies I tested with 1080i60 were suttering. Therefore it would be easy for you to find some. I also saw stuttering with 1080p25/i50 either after some chapter jumps or already at the beginning. One 1080i50 movie was not just stuttering but also had completely asynchronous audio output. I am sure that the stuttering doesn't depend on progressive or interlaced movies! It occurs for both 1080p29.970 and 1080i59.940 movies! You would see it if you could use the test pattern.

Your posts may be merged into other related topic, we don't delete posts.
Our developers have already began their work on this issue.
Thank you for your feedback.
Even these were not my posts I am interested in. Could you please so kind to post a link to this information if it was just merged? Can you put your hand into the fire that especially SeeMoreDigital or any other admin or modorator don't delete posts? Otherwise the information should be possible to find with the search function. But this is not the csse.
(2015-01-13, 16:33)cmdr.adama Wrote: Even these were not my posts I am interested in. Could you please so kind to post a link to this information if it was just merged? Can you put your hand into the fire that especially SeeMoreDigital or any other admin or modorator don't delete posts? Otherwise the information should be possible to find with the search function. But this is not the csse.

http://forum.vidon.me/index.php?/topic/6...to-detect/
I think this is the post that you thought it has been deleted.
I found another test pattern/video (Judder_Test_BD.iso) which you can use for 1080p23.976/24.000/25.000/29.970 stuttering tests: http://ul.to/20c1g31a
(2015-01-14, 20:33)cmdr.adama Wrote: I found another test pattern/video (Judder_Test_BD.iso) which you can use for 1080p23.976/24.000/25.000/29.970 stuttering tests: http://ul.to/20c1g31a

We have tested this file, it contains two sources, one is [email protected], the other one is 1080p@24Hz.
We played this iso file via SMB, both of the two sources are smooth when the output was set to 1080p@24Hz.
When we set the output to 1080p@50Hz or 1080p@60Hz, the playback was not very smooth, but didn't see the obvious stutter or lag.
We compared with the combination of Amlogic+official XBMC, got the same result.

The second source has problem, both VidOn Box+VidOn XBMC and Amlogic+Official XBMC cannot finish the playback, it stopped in the half.
I don't know, what you mean. Seams that you didn't try to play it yourself. It contains a BD menu!

You can also extract the files and play them seperately:

00000.m2ts -> 23.976Hz
00001.m2ts -> 24.000Hz
00002.m2ts -> 25.000Hz
00003.m2ts -> 29.970Hz
00004.m2ts -> 30.000Hz

For sure it will not be very smooth if you play 25.000Hz with 60Hz output frequency.

The BD ISO also has a Pop menu. How can I activate it with Vidon XBMC? Moreover it takes longer time if I try to jump back to Top menu if one of the movie tracks was started to play.
Good news! We are going to support the 1080p UI very soon, by then your XBMC will look better. Smile
Good to hear. Any progress on proper framerates support (namely 23.976)? Overall, I'm pretty happy with this box, especially compared to other Android options out there now.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-01-21, 12:46)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: Good news! We are going to support the 1080p UI very soon, by then your XBMC will look better. Smile

Nice!

Can wait.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-01-07, 15:20)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-01-06, 23:18)Roby77 Wrote: if they dont' respect gpl but they use the forum for free advertisement why mod doesn't close the 3ad ?

They've been getting better about these things. They've the released source code in the past, so now we're trying to steer them towards doing that faster and more often. If there is no improvement then something like that would happen and they would risk losing their sponsorship status.

I don't know what the exact requirements are for how long they can take to send someone the source code, so I'm not the best one to ask if there are any current GPL violations, but if think VidOnMe wants to do the right thing, and we want to help them improve rather than push them away. As long as things are improving.

It has been 17 days. GPL requires the source to be available at the exact same time as any binary is released. Still nothing is being done about it (diamond sponsor means 10k so...)

This together with the "pussy" type of non-action being taken about trademark violators out there. (A lot of talk and shouting of 8 step rules bla bla, but still no action), make me loose any respect/faith/confidence in the current board members of the XBMC Foundation. (Official foundation or not, it pretty much starts to looks like a bunch of hobbyist getting to big for their shoes)

Sorry, but it needs to be said.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3