SSD too fast for MySQL
I am running two instances of XBMC Gotham -

1) Intel NUC with OpenElec
2) Laptop with Win 7

My databases and files are on my NAS and the above two devices are set up with MySQL.
I have installed SSD's in both devices.

I know it is a common issue - that the SSDs boot XBMC/Kodi so fast that MySQL databases are not loaded at startup. On the NUC I can get my databases to load by setting a 'wait for network' delay in the OpenElec settings, although I have had to put in as much as 30 seconds for it to work! Others have reported that a 10 second delay is enough...?

As for Windows 7 version, there is no similar setting that I could find, so no matter what I do I can't get the MySQL databases to load. Before I had my SSD it wasn't a problem. Please can someone tell me how to do it? There must be plenty of people using Windows with an SSD and MySQL databases.

Thanks in advance.
Devices
- NAS: Synology DS212, 6TB, MySQL
- HTPC: Intel NUC N2830, 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM, SSD, Win 7 & OpenElec (dual boot) / Kodi 15.2
- PC: Lenovo M92P, 3.2ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10 / Kodi 17.4
- Laptop: Acer 5750G, 2.9ghz, 8GB RAM, SSD, Windows 10 / Kodi 15.2

the delay you write to OpenELEC is a maximum, it will start right away after a network adress is assigned. So it does not matter if you put 30 or 60 there, if your network is available after always 10 seconds.

On windows 7, you can use the wakeonlan.xml as documented here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Wake_on_lan
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-01-13, 13:44)fritsch Wrote: the delay you write to OpenELEC is a maximum, it will start right away after a network adress is assigned. So it does not matter if you put 30 or 60 there, if your network is available after always 10 seconds.

I had not noticed that - its good to know. Even so, I had originally tried 10 seconds and it wasn't loading in that time. 20 seconds was working for me, but now since moving over to SSD even 20 seconds did not load the db for some reason so I changed it to 30! I still think it is taking longer for me than other people have reported.

Thanks - I will check out that wiki page.
Devices
- HTPC: Intel NUC N2830, 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM, SSD, Win 7 & OpenElec (dual boot) / Kodi 15.2

Assuming the NAS is online, I would check that you refer the mysql db (in advancedsettings.xml) by IP address and not by hostname. Hostname/NMB lookups are slow, especially at boot.
(2015-01-13, 21:43)alpoy Wrote: Assuming the NAS is online, I would check that you refer the mysql db (in advancedsettings.xml) by IP address and not by hostname. Hostname/NMB lookups are slow, especially at boot.

Yes I have the actual IP address in advancedsettings.

It seems to be working ok now on Windows now, after editing the wake on lan xml. Boots quickly.
Thanks
Devices

I would suggest (what I did) to switch from DHCP, which is too slow, to a statically assigned IP - fixed the issue for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SSD too fast for MySQL0