• 4(current)
Release reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated)
(2015-01-11, 15:28)grainybazzles Wrote: I installed the repo addon but nothing is listed in the skin folder? Am I doing something wrong?

I don't see anything either. I've been waiting to upgrade for reFocus to become available. I've removed your repo and restarted and reinstalled from the zip. I've even cleaned out Kodi and started fresh. It's V1.0.3, right?
(2015-01-12, 04:29)rbronco21 Wrote:
(2015-01-11, 15:28)grainybazzles Wrote: I installed the repo addon but nothing is listed in the skin folder? Am I doing something wrong?

I don't see anything either. I've been waiting to upgrade for reFocus to become available. I've removed your repo and restarted and reinstalled from the zip. I've even cleaned out Kodi and started fresh. It's V1.0.3, right?

Yes it's 1.0.3. Did you try a force refresh in the add-on browser? If so post a debug log please. Not sure what I would be looking for though, I have three devices where it's showing up.
reFocus 2.0.4 preview release available

changes:
  • All XBMC branding now replaced.
  • Fix for bug wrongly displaying default thumbnail in pictures
  • Buttons in yes/no dialog too small in some cases
  • Fix for fanart always displaying over visualizations (thanks tdcook)
  • Fix for incorrect path in default music videos shortcut
  • Updated translations

Get it through the repo add-on.

Question/request: can someone tell me what is shown in the viewtypes available for radio recording in Confluence? Does it show any thumbnails? Or just generic icons? Does it show descriptions/plot? I'm trying to evaluate whether thumbnail based viewtypes make sense for audio recordings.

If no showstopper bugs arise, the next update will probably be dubbed Helix release candidate. After that I'll be looking at submitting to the Kodi repo.
With this release I'm again able to disable the global fanart background. Thanks for your work!

I have some troubles with the logos in tvheadend but maybe I can show you soon what radio recordings look like.
(2015-01-13, 17:53)McYoshi Wrote: With this release I'm again able to disable the global fanart background. Thanks for your work!

And I don't even know what fixed it Wink But glad it's working again for you Smile
http://imgur.com/a/a7y0h

http://imgur.com/VBnyEqh (had to add this one, forgot)

The PVR looks!

As you can see Ziggo does not provide EPG data for radio stations, so no description available. The logo's I use are square, 1000x1000 and the radio 1 ziggo is cropped.

I don't know if it's the skin but radio recordings also show under tv recordings.

Wouldn't it be nice if on the list of radio channels the logos are also present?
Great, thanks for the screenshots. Yeah, the list view for radio channels will be the same as for tv then.

Also getting rid of that thumbnail frame and the cropping in recordings.

Cheers Smile
Hi Jeroen,

Just installed the update..

Noticed a few things again with PVR that need attention... See pics below for examples.

Channel list showing what look like "watched indicators" ... considering it's live TV i'm assuming they're not suppose to be there?
they don't function at all in LiveTV...
Maybe in Recordings View, however recordings view does not show watched indicators.

The word "ACTIONS" is cut off in menu
When viewing 'timeline' and changing the View Mode to something else, i cannot change back to timeline view because the View Modes selection is grayed out.
Other view modes also showing watched indicators...

Arrow and text overlapping in TV Settings

Will let you know if i find anything else... all seems ok at the moment, other than stated above.

Happy skinning.

**EDIT**

I just went through a process in my theatre room of adding the following submenu shortcuts to the home screen under "Movies"
Genre = ActivateWindow(Video,MovieGenres,return)
Actor = ActivateWindow(Video,MovieActors,return)
Director = ActivateWindow(Video,MovieDirectors,return)
Year = ActivateWindow(Video,MovieYears,return)

Perhaps you could add these to the shortcut list by default? or at least at them to the common library or something...
It didn't really bother me having to add these manually, but i have 4 kodi machines...

Just a suggestion!

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Loggio.
(2015-01-13, 21:16)McYoshi Wrote: I don't know if it's the skin but radio recordings also show under tv recordings.
I've looked into this and I think recordings is indeed a combined window. I think it's confusing though. In Confluence as well, "recordings" under "TV" and "Radio" lead to the same window and results. So I don't think there's anything I can do about it except changing the window titles to just say "recordings" instead of "tv recordings" and "radio recordings" to at least make clear it's the same place.

(2015-01-14, 11:08)loggio Wrote: Channel list showing what look like "watched indicators" ... considering it's live TV i'm assuming they're not suppose to be there?
It should indicate the recording status here. I intended it to also show scheduled timers on the channels but it doesn't seem like that's possible.

Quote:Maybe in Recordings View, however recordings view does not show watched indicators.
Fixed this on Git, recordings now shows unwatched indicators.

Quote:The word "ACTIONS" is cut off in menu
I think this has to do with a deviating aspect ratio or calibration on your screen. I have noticed things like this when I resized the Kodi window. I't showing up fine here, and the label control's width is definitely wide enough to display the text.

Quote:When viewing 'timeline' and changing the View Mode to something else, i cannot change back to timeline view because the View Modes selection is grayed out.
Are you on the latest version? I changed the view mode switcher to behave the same as in "normal" windows like movies quite recently. So instead of flipping through the viewmodes, it should open a submenu with all the views that are available here. I haven't been able to reproduce this problem.

Quote:Other view modes also showing watched indicators...
These indicate scheduled timers and recording programmes, this is unchanged from the Gotham version.

Quote:Arrow and text overlapping in TV Settings
This is now fixed on Git.

Quote:I just went through a process in my theatre room of adding the following submenu shortcuts to the home screen under "Movies"

Perhaps you could add these to the shortcut list by default? or at least at them to the common library or something...
It didn't really bother me having to add these manually, but i have 4 kodi machines...
Those should actually have been available under "Video Library > Movies >" but it seems something changed in the skin shortcuts script and because I use custom groupings here they didn't show up it seems. This should now be fixed on Git.

Thanks for the reports!
(2015-01-14, 11:08)loggio Wrote: Channel list showing what look like "watched indicators" ... considering it's live TV i'm assuming they're not suppose to be there?
Jeroen Wrote:It should indicate the recording status here. I intended it to also show scheduled timers on the channels but it doesn't seem like that's possible.
Ahh ok... this is not the case, if i record a program, in channel view, it stays an empty circle... in epg view, it works, however they do not refresh unless i exit and re-enter the view...
so it appears these circles are broken in Channel view and not refreshing in real time. They also do not work in channel list OSD either...
also, do they just sit there until there is a recording status? Perhaps can they be changed to only show if a program is actually recording, and not be there at all unless that particular channel is recording??

loggio Wrote:Maybe in Recordings View, however recordings view does not show watched indicators.
Jeroen Wrote:Fixed this on Git, recordings now shows unwatched indicators.
Thanks!

loggio Wrote:The word "ACTIONS" is cut off in menu
Jeroen Wrote:I think this has to do with a deviating aspect ratio or calibration on your screen. I have noticed things like this when I resized the Kodi window. I't showing up fine here, and the label control's width is definitely wide enough to display the text.
Yes, this is the case, i was windowed when i found this. Thanks for that.

loggio Wrote:When viewing 'timeline' and changing the View Mode to something else, i cannot change back to timeline view because the View Modes selection is grayed out.
Jeroen Wrote:Are you on the latest version? I changed the view mode switcher to behave the same as in "normal" windows like movies quite recently. So instead of flipping through the viewmodes, it should open a submenu with all the views that are available here. I haven't been able to reproduce this problem.
Yes, i am on latest version, and yes it does open a submenu, provided you're on the "timeline" view... If i change the EPG view from "timeline" to "now" on the "now" screen, the view mode submenu becomes greyed out and i cannot change it back to timeline unless i delete my viewmode settings file.

loggio Wrote:Other view modes also showing watched indicators...
Jeroen Wrote:These indicate scheduled timers and recording programmes, this is unchanged from the Gotham version.

like above, these don't actually work. and can they perhaps be changed to only show up when a channel is recording? and stay hidden the rest of the time? this is how they work in confluence.

loggio Wrote:Arrow and text overlapping in TV Settings
Jeroen Wrote:This is now fixed on Git.

Cool, thanks!

loggio Wrote:I just went through a process in my theatre room of adding the following submenu shortcuts to the home screen under "Movies"

Jeroen Wrote:Those should actually have been available under "Video Library > Movies >" but it seems something changed in the skin shortcuts script and because I use custom groupings here they didn't show up it seems. This should now be fixed on Git.

Thanks again!
(2015-01-14, 13:17)loggio Wrote: Ahh ok... this is not the case, if i record a program, in channel view, it stays an empty circle... in epg view, it works, however they do not refresh unless i exit and re-enter the view...
so it appears these circles are broken in Channel view and not refreshing in real time. They also do not work in channel list OSD either...
There's a possible fix for this on Git now. These kind of issues are hard to troubleshoot as the PVR Demo Add-on doesn't provide all relevant data, and it seems to vary per screen too. I am not able to set any dummy timers or simulate actual recording.

loggio Wrote:Yes, i am on latest version, and yes it does open a submenu, provided you're on the "timeline" view... If i change the EPG view from "timeline" to "now" on the "now" screen, the view mode submenu becomes greyed out and i cannot change it back to timeline unless i delete my viewmode settings file.
I found two issues in the viewtype switcher, but I'm not sure if they have to do with what you mentioned as the symptoms aren't really the same. In any case the fix for the issues found are on Git.

like above, these don't actually work. and can they perhaps be changed to only show up when a channel is recording? and stay hidden the rest of the time? this is how they work in confluence.
Hopefully this one is fixed now as the one above. I actually have the empty status indicators show for consistency and visual balance reasons. The indicators in movies and such are always there too in the list views. Leaving them out made it actually look more messy to me. I don't think I will leave them out but I can tone the opacity down to make them fade to the background more and make it more clear they are inactive.
Hey Jeroen, tnx for the helix update.

Can you maybe show the fwd/rwd 2x/4x//6x/.. text when playing/seeking music fullscreen? It only works when playing a video.
Thanks.
Hey, I just discovered this skin a week ago and it has quickly turned into my favorite. Really nice work!

I was messing with the music section just now and noticed something in the list view. Landscape mode is overlapping both images.

And when I switch to Portrait mode, there are two sets of scrolling text that are overlapping..

I also noticed the edge getting cut off here:

Anyway, I love this skin, I'm installing it on everything I've got. Big Grin Thanks!

And if I could humbly make a request, I was wondering about the handling of movie sets. Right now, they display the year of the last film in the series, which doesn't look quite right to me. I'd almost rather see that blank....

Or better yet, if the first and last year in the set could be displayed, that'd be perfect...

Thanks again!
@wheatfield: looks like an odd aspect ratio to me... sure you're rocking a 16:9 monitor with a 1280x720 or 1920x1080 resolution?
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
(2015-01-14, 14:25)Jeroen Wrote:
(2015-01-14, 13:17)loggio Wrote: Ahh ok... this is not the case, if i record a program, in channel view, it stays an empty circle... in epg view, it works, however they do not refresh unless i exit and re-enter the view...
There's a possible fix for this on Git now. These kind of issues are hard to troubleshoot as the PVR Demo Add-on doesn't provide all relevant data, and it seems to vary per screen too. I am not able to set any dummy timers or simulate actual recording.

loggio Wrote:Yes, i am on latest version, and yes it does open a submenu, provided you're on the "timeline" view... If i change the EPG view from "timeline" to "now" on the "now" screen, the view mode submenu becomes greyed out and i cannot change it back to timeline unless i delete my viewmode settings file.
I found two issues in the viewtype switcher, but I'm not sure if they have to do with what you mentioned as the symptoms aren't really the same. In any case the fix for the issues found are on Git.

Hopefully this one is fixed now as the one above. I actually have the empty status indicators show for consistency and visual balance reasons. The indicators in movies and such are always there too in the list views. Leaving them out made it actually look more messy to me. I don't think I will leave them out but I can tone the opacity down to make them fade to the background more and make it more clear they are inactive.

Jeroen,

1# The recording icons are now working, however they do not disappear once the recording has stopped using the context menu, unless i exit the screen and re-enter the screen. They do however update in real time if i start the recording from the context menu.

2# The issue regarding the sub-menu in EPG is still broken, once you change the View Mode from Timeline to something else eg.. Now, Next you cannot change back, as the sub-menu is grayed out.

3# I understand your want for a consistent feel across ReFocus, but the reason i actually brought this up is because the .Mrs has been using the skin and was very confused as to what the circles meant, as she's use to them being watched indicators... Considering they're identical in look. After she asked me, that's what i assumed they were, then i came to the conclusion that they shouldn't be there and that there was a code error, because thet simply don't look right being there.
We hardly use the record feature, these indicators are just sitting there in plain sight doing absolutely nothing 90% of the time, until you actually record. In my opinion they are not needed in liveTV, they're only needed when you're actually recording. and even then, perhaps they should be a different colour? like red, this would make a clear distinction between a recording status and a watched status indicator, which in my opinion are two completely different things and should not look identical at all.

I know this steps outside the consistent approach your trying to take, but for the sake of PVR and to save confusion, i think there needs to be a very clear distinction in recording status and should not be treated the same as watched/unwatched indicators.

If she was confused, and i was confused (and i've been using XBMC since xbox days) then I think others would be scratching their head at this also.

just my thoughts. Thanks for everything!

Loggio.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated)5