• 23(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
I didn't see a slimlist option in any of the library viewtypes. Did I miss something?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I too love this skin, the original annoyances I found have all been fixed over time except for one. Any chance you could make the widgets use a fixed list? I use 'Random Movies' and 'Recommended Episodes' and they look very messy when there is only one or two unwatched episodes or so and they show the same poster 4 or 5 times each on one screen.

Thanks, I appreciate the work you put into this skin.

(2015-01-15, 08:43)thrak76 Wrote: I didn't see a slimlist option in any of the library viewtypes. Did I miss something?

Slim List view is in Skin Settings > Advanced > List view layout
Hey, thanks!

That works for me. More than enough items in the view with that option enabled.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Thank you for this awesome skin!
Hi, first of all thank your work in creating this skin, it has now become my default.

I'm not sure if you offer any support for the Plexbmc plugin officially however generally I have managed to customize it how I like however the only issue I have is when viewing my plex movies and tv shows the posters do not populate. I use the standard list view but the problem also occurs in any other view that uses posters. Fanart etc displays fine.

Is this something you may be able to look at?

Many thanks in advance.
I love the new update! The recordings window is a lot better now. Keep up the good work.
(2015-01-15, 10:52)eyeballtickler7 Wrote: Hi, first of all thank your work in creating this skin, it has now become my default.

I'm not sure if you offer any support for the Plexbmc plugin officially however generally I have managed to customize it how I like however the only issue I have is when viewing my plex movies and tv shows the posters do not populate. I use the standard list view but the problem also occurs in any other view that uses posters. Fanart etc displays fine.

Is this something you may be able to look at?

Many thanks in advance.

@bryanbrazil

+1 for PleXBMC integration please bryanbrazil... that said in my opinion Mediabrowser MB3 (XBMB3C) would provide closer affiliation to Kodi. Is this something you would be interested in implementing? If not I'm currently looking into modding mimic myself.... From what I understand Aeon Nox5 has been modded already for MB (so the codes there).

thanks again for the great work on this skin!
This needs to replace Confluence as the default skin ASAP. This is the first original and clean skin without goofy wallpaper that I've seen in a very long time. Not since Ellipsis for Eden has there been an XBMC skin that could actually be used as the UI in a commercial product or service. Excellent work.
(2015-01-15, 09:00)AngryAlfred Wrote: Any chance you could make the widgets use a fixed list?

Still on my list of things to do, will mean that the look of the widgets will change too. Posters won't run to the screen edges like they do now.

(2015-01-15, 13:00)stueeey Wrote: +1 for PleXBMC integration please bryanbrazil... that said in my opinion Mediabrowser MB3 (XBMB3C) would provide closer affiliation to Kodi. Is this something you would be interested in implementing? If not I'm currently looking into modding mimic myself.... From what I understand Aeon Nox5 has been modded already for MB (so the codes there).

thanks again for the great work on this skin!

Does MB have its own skin xml files? If it has already been modded for AN 5, I can likely convert it for Mimic without too much trouble.

If not, one of you will need to mod it and submit a pull request, as I don't use MB or Plex. Wink
Liking the new fanart view but is there anyway the logo view could come back? That was one of the main things I loved about this skin
(2015-01-09, 19:27)bryanbrazil Wrote: To get TriPanel view back, you will need to get a copy of it from the Aeon Nox 5 skin. Then you'll need to add the include in Includes.xml and the view id number in MyVideoNav.xml and/or MyMusicNav.xml. Using a text editor like Notepad ++ will make it easier and you can use the following commit as a guide...

https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/comm...b2c68119d3

If you can wait a few days, I'll be submitting the new version to the repo. Just have a few things to clean up on PVR recordings window, etc. Development is slowing down now, though will still likely submit to the repo about every 2 weeks to keep up with language translations that are submitted on Transifex.

Or you can setup a git client to pull the latest changes from github whenever you want. This is a more work to setup (you have to learn git), but it makes it very easy to stay updated.

Final option is to download the zip from github and manually extract it to the skin folder.

Your choice, just depends on how much you want to get your hands dirty. Smile

Hi Brian,

great job on the video end time. Following your input I took a shot at bringing TriPanel view into Mimic and I must say I like it, even though I wasn't able to add all the common details from Mimic, scrollbars for instance. Here's a screenshot of the result so far. Would you been interested to use this and give it a second chance? If so I could commit the changes to github and make a push request.

Best regards,
Rolando Isidoro

(2015-01-15, 21:33)AD1995 Wrote: Liking the new fanart view but is there anyway the logo view could come back? That was one of the main things I loved about this skin
I'm inclined to leave it out as there are many movies that don't have logos available on fanart.tv. And this view doesn't look good if there are any missing logos.

(2015-01-15, 21:56)rolando.isidoro Wrote: Hi Brian,

great job on the video end time. Following your input I took a shot at bringing TriPanel view into Mimic and I must say I like it, even though I wasn't able to add all the common details from Mimic, scrollbars for instance. Here's a screenshot of the result so far. Would you been interested to use this and give it a second chance? If so I could commit the changes to github and make a push request.

Best regards,
Rolando Isidoro

While the view you've made looks good, I feel there is something missing when there aren't actual panels behind the 3 sections. I'm inclined to leave this view out, though you are welcome to share it for others. Might be good to post it in its own thread though. I can sticky a post that has links to any mods folks create.

If you want to add a vertical scrollbar, just copy the code from one of the other views that has it.
(2015-01-15, 22:11)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-15, 21:33)AD1995 Wrote: Liking the new fanart view but is there anyway the logo view could come back? That was one of the main things I loved about this skin
I'm inclined to leave it out as there are many movies that don't have logos available on fanart.tv. And this view doesn't look good if there are any missing logos.

I do understand that it doesn't really work for movies but for TV shows it worked great I thought
Is there an easy way that I could implement it myself as I did really like the view

Thanks for your reply
Tomorrow or at the weekend I will create a new thread to my little mod, maybe somebody else is also interested. My version focuses mainly to slim list view modification, here is current state:

I'm not bother bryanbrazil anymore with my wishes and visions, he almost ignoring me already Smile
Bryanbrazil, sorry, I'm not wanting anything bad!
(2015-01-15, 23:25)djstallion Wrote: Tomorrow or at the weekend I will create a new thread to my little mod, maybe somebody else is also interested. My version focuses mainly to slim list view modification, here is current state:

Is your signature the link to the slimlist mod? I just started using that view and would like to check it out.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9