• 24(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
(2015-01-15, 23:29)thrak76 Wrote: Is your signature the link to the slimlist mod? I just started using that view and would like to check it out.
You're right, this is GitHub repo link.
(2015-01-15, 23:25)djstallion Wrote: I'm not bother bryanbrazil anymore with my wishes and visions, he almost ignoring me already Smile
Bryanbrazil, sorry, I'm not wanting anything bad!

Don't worry, I'm not ignoring you... It's just impossible to make a skin that satisfies everyone. Smile

Looking forward to your mod, I stickied a mods post where I plan to list all user-created mods.
Good to know! Smile
Maybe I need little tips or help sometimes, but modifying Kodi skin is much simpler than I imagined. My Wordpress and CSS skills helping me a lot.
I am loving Mimic! I do prefer the vertical scrollers but haven't found one as cool as Mimic, which is horizontal. I am only requesting ONE feature to be improved upon or added. I am not a "coder" so this might be too complex, but I would love to see a color scheme menu choice, from a table, like color a= (choose) and color b=(choose). I like the red/black that is one of the built-ins. I realize this might be prohibitive based on the whole RBG color choice thing, but a nice slider to go from white to (and everything in between) black would be awesome. My eyes are weird, I am old, and I just thought I'd throw the idea out there and see where it lands.
(2015-01-16, 00:07)Dojoroda Wrote: I am loving Mimic! I do prefer the vertical scrollers but haven't found one as cool as Mimic, which is horizontal. I am only requesting ONE feature to be improved upon or added. I am not a "coder" so this might be too complex, but I would love to see a color scheme menu choice, from a table, like color a= (choose) and color b=(choose). I like the red/black that is one of the built-ins. I realize this might be prohibitive based on the whole RBG color choice thing, but a nice slider to go from white to (and everything in between) black would be awesome. My eyes are weird, I am old, and I just thought I'd throw the idea out there and see where it lands.

Thanks!

There is a color picker addon, but I'm not even sure if it's maintained anymore. Likely won't be adding this anytime soon, as it's not too difficult to create new color themes. Just duplicate one of the existing ones (located in colors/*.xml) and change the colors to suit.
(2015-01-15, 21:33)AD1995 Wrote: Liking the new fanart view but is there anyway the logo view could come back? That was one of the main things I loved about this skin

Just posted instructions for adding the Logo view back. See the thread for Mimic mods...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215134
Added Live TV now playing info to the Home screen. Also added video now playing info to the bottom bar. Available on git.
Thanks again for the great skin bryanbrazil! The recent update pushed to the Kodi repo fixed the "+" button and the ExtendedInfo script integration is really nice!

I am wondering how hard it would be to replace the Mimic "Shift" view with the same view from ReFocus? I like the inclusion of a mini-synopsis for each movie highlighted in that view. Otherwise the two views are extremely similar. This is really minor to me, but if it's not difficult I'd probably work on it this weekend.
(2015-01-16, 06:54)Tortuga Wrote: Thanks again for the great skin bryanbrazil! The recent update pushed to the Kodi repo fixed the "+" button and the ExtendedInfo script integration is really nice!

I am wondering how hard it would be to replace the Mimic "Shift" view with the same view from ReFocus? I like the inclusion of a mini-synopsis for each movie highlighted in that view. Otherwise the two views are extremely similar. This is really minor to me, but if it's not difficult I'd probably work on it this weekend.

Thanks! I thought about adding plot to Shift view, but I actually prefer the posters across the bottom of the screen. You're welcome to share your mod though. Smile

(2015-01-15, 09:00)AngryAlfred Wrote: I too love this skin, the original annoyances I found have all been fixed over time except for one. Any chance you could make the widgets use a fixed list? I use 'Random Movies' and 'Recommended Episodes' and they look very messy when there is only one or two unwatched episodes or so and they show the same poster 4 or 5 times each on one screen.

Thanks, I appreciate the work you put into this skin.

Thanks, glad you like it. I just pushed an update to git that changes the home widgets to comply with the wrap/fixed list skin setting. There are indicator arrows showing if there are previous/next items for the fixed list version.
bryanbrazil, do you have plans to add support for the OpenElec settings plugin? I couldn't find a simple way to access it, had to switch back to Confluence to do some settings
(2015-01-16, 09:34)jlnprssnr Wrote: bryanbrazil, do you have plans to add support for the OpenElec settings plugin? I couldn't find a simple way to access it, had to switch back to Confluence to do some settings

This is the first I've heard of an OpenElec settings dialog, I'm on Windows. Smile If one of the OpenElec users styles it for Mimic, I'll include it in the skin.
(2015-01-16, 09:34)jlnprssnr Wrote: bryanbrazil, do you have plans to add support for the OpenElec settings plugin? I couldn't find a simple way to access it, had to switch back to Confluence to do some settings

OE settings is located in Programs otherwise launch it from addons menu.
Hey bryanbrazil,
thanks again for the outstanding support!!!
Another minor bug: Text in the Notification box in the upper right corner seems to be cut off, at least in German. I checked the strings.po, the translation is correct. Where it should say "Beschäftigt" it says "Beschäfti"...

Thanks again for this amazing Skin!
Raspberry Pi 2 B / OpeneELEC
Added support for cdART Manager Helix, recently fixed by ste.fan.

https://github.com/stefansielaff/script....tree/Helix

(2015-01-16, 20:32)doeppi Wrote: Hey bryanbrazil,
thanks again for the outstanding support!!!
Another minor bug: Text in the Notification box in the upper right corner seems to be cut off, at least in German. I checked the strings.po, the translation is correct. Where it should say "Beschäftigt" it says "Beschäfti"...

Thanks again for this amazing Skin!

Thanks, glad you like it. Try the latest git, I changed the width of that label from 180 to 300. I don't see the busy image (spinner), I'm assuming you must be on an rpi?
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9