• 17(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
Thanks - that's really useful.

@slack3r - boot in text mode, remount /flash so it is writable (mount -o remount,rw /flash), then write the output of dmesg, lsmod, "lsusb -v" etc. into /flash. Then you can copy them off onto your PC.
(2015-01-15, 18:28)Milhouse Wrote: Add "textmode" to the end of your line in cmdline.txt and you'll get a console, needs a keyboard attached to be of any use.
Hi Milhouse, thank you.

The issue seems gone. What could it be: overclock too high?

Code:
OpenELEC:~ # vcgencmd get_config int
arm_freq=950
core_freq=500
over_voltage=6
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
program_serial_random=1
config_hdmi_boost=4
init_emmc_clock=0x1dcd6500
emmc_pll_core=1
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
hdmi_force_cec_address=65535
framebuffer_ignore_alpha=1
framebuffer_swap=1
disable_splash=1
force_turbo=1
temp_limit=65
force_pwm_open=1
pause_burst_frames=1
avoid_fix_ts=1

PhilE Wrote:@slack3r - boot in text mode, remount /flash so it is writable (mount -o remount,rw /flash), then write the output of dmesg, lsmod, "lsusb -v" etc. into /flash. Then you can copy them off onto your PC.
Nice, many thanks.
As I understand it, how fast you can overclock the ARM depends on the characteristics of the chip on your board and the code that you run; some sequences of instructions, with certain cache alignments, etc. will trigger a timing violation where others wouldn't. So it is possible that the upgrade has found the limits of your Pi.
(2015-01-15, 19:13)PhilE Wrote: As I understand it, how fast you can overclock the ARM depends on the characteristics of the chip on your board and the code that you run; some sequences of instructions, with certain cache alignments, etc. will trigger a timing violation where others wouldn't. So it is possible that the upgrade has found the limits of your Pi.
That sounds right.

Thanks for sharing.
New OpenELEC I****** build: #0115
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.18.2 #1 PREEMPT Thu Jan 15 21:02:45 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jan 14 2015 19:51:39
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 83418eb035b8cb762e7d1bf5fb10c09ecf258a04 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150115210058-r20013-g4e58774 [Build #0115]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001576.881: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (4e587747, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (95dd196a, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.18.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC kodi-001-helix_rpb_backports patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR:5217 [patch details]
  • Includes latest libnfs master (9a02f775)
  • Includes latest libcec master (9f000e43)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (ce70914a)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (6ba17254)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes (see patch)
  • Includes animated splash support (patch)
  • Includes commits from libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix)
  • Exclude kodi-102-dont_really_depend_on_SDL_image.patch: No longer required
  • Exclude lirc_rpi.conf: No longer required, let Device Tree handle lirc_rpi (add "dtoverlay=lirc-rpi" to config.txt)
  • Include d6f4bebf: new package: libsquish
  • Include patch: Use our own texturepacker
  • Include patch: Enable kernel device-tree support (details)
  • Include patch: Fix build patch for kodi-pvr-addons
  • Include patch: Add *.dtb files to firmware
  • Include patch: Add device tree kernel trailer
  • Include PR:3791: Allow unique build directories by appending project-defined suffix
  • Include PR:3793: Enable binary patching
  • Include PR:5430: [URIUtils] Fix IsSmb, IsFTP, IsAfp, IsDAV and IsNfs.
  • Include PR:5752: [jsonrpc] Allow retrieving empty TV shows via VideoLibrary.GetTVShows.
  • Include PR:5958: Fix state not saved after #5842 if playing from "Recently added".
  • Include PR:6201: webserver: refactor, unification of handlers and bug fixes
Build Highlights:
  1. Added: PR:6201: webserver: refactor, unification of handlers and bug fixes
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • wetek_play: Add full support for WeTek internal DVB-T/T2, DVB-C, DVB-S/S2 and ATSC tuners (PR:3794, 6 commits, 14 files changed)
    • scripts/image: add support for project specific systemd services (4d63cc98)
    • wetek_play: remove not needed symlink (fcec0069)
    • wetek_play: add debug shell on serial console (4a83e290)
    • cxxtools: update to cxxtools-2.2.1 (4743a0a6)
    • new package: vdr-plugin-resfulapi (e2073afa)
    • vdr-addon: add restfulapi plugin (b82b86ba)
    • vdr-plugin-xvdr: update to vdr-plugin-xvdr-b300fc3 (22ec3e84)
    • vdr-addon: bump (4.3.5) (91eafa7d)
    • wetek_play: linux: change kernel url (4e587747)
  2. XBMC:
    • [video info] Fix changing fanart (PR:6177, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [videolibrary]: do not set set season artwork on an empty tvshow (PR:6203, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • readme : remove deprecated sdl deps. (PR:6205, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Add path option to Skin.SetImage() (PR:6200, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix unit tests using URIUtils::IsRemote() in one way or another (PR:6208, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  3. kodi-addon-xvdr:
    • fixed for current MinGW32-based Windows builds (PR:144, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: patch: Fix build patch for kodi-pvr-addons
    • Added: PR:3791: Allow unique build directories by appending project-defined suffix
    • Added: PR:3793: Enable binary patching
    • Added: PR:6201: webserver: refactor, unification of handlers and bug fixes
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I'm new to the RPi world and need help on how to install the latest test build. I have a lot of interest in the CC that Kodi 15 brings and want to be a part of helping test it. If someone could point me to a guide to get going from a blank SD card on windows that would help me a lot!
There are several guides for installing OpenELEC. If you've got a Linux computer just untar the test build and run create_sdcard, then remove the SD card from the Linux PC and insert in your Pi. If you don't have a Linux PC, use an OpenELEC for RPi disk image - available from the OpenELEC site, latest version 5.0.0 - then update to one of the test builds by copying the test build tar file into the Update folder of your Pi using Windows Explorer, then reboot the Pi.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I usually do this using just RPi itself, since the kodi image is relatively small so it's a quick operation. You just need a SD card reader. Here's one I prepared earlier today Smile

/dev/sdb is the target micro SD card, seen here.

pi@137 ~ $ df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs 5.8G 5.3G 212M 97% /
/dev/root 5.8G 5.3G 212M 97% /
devtmpfs 215M 0 215M 0% /dev
tmpfs 44M 308K 44M 1% /run
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 88M 0 88M 0% /run/shm
/dev/mmcblk0p5 60M 13M 47M 21% /boot
/dev/mmcblk0p3 27M 423K 25M 2% /media/SETTINGS
/dev/sda2 698G 461G 238G 66% /media/IBOO
/dev/sdb1 7.5G 96K 7.5G 1% /media/XACTI
(reverse-i-search)`dd': sudo dd if=/media/IBOO/RPiImages/2014-12-24-wheezy-raspbian.img of=/dev/sda bs=4M

Next, write the v5 kodi image to the card:

pi@137 /media/IBOO/downloads $ sudo dd if=OpenELEC-RPi.arm-5.0.0.img of=/dev/sdb bs=4M
73+0 records in
73+0 records out
306184192 bytes (306 MB) copied, 34.7344 s, 8.8 MB/s
pi@137 /media/IBOO/downloads $

As you can see, that took < a minute.

Next, replace my Raspbian SD card with the v5 Kodi & reboot. Kodi will expand that written image to the full size of the card.

Reboot with the Raspbian, or whatever OS you have, plug the card reader in again with the now expanded Kodi, & find the

.update

folder, then copy the relevant build obtained from this thread into that folder.
New OpenELEC I****** build: #0116
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.18.2 #1 PREEMPT Fri Jan 16 21:23:12 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jan 14 2015 19:51:39
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 83418eb035b8cb762e7d1bf5fb10c09ecf258a04 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150116212123-r20027-g0b13125 [Build #0116]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001581.023: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (0b131253, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (0dedc4b5, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.18.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC kodi-001-helix_rpb_backports patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR:5217 [patch details]
  • Includes latest libnfs master (9a02f775)
  • Includes latest libcec master (9f000e43)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (ce70914a)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (6ba17254)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes (see patch)
  • Includes animated splash support (patch)
  • Includes commits from libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix)
  • Exclude kodi-102-dont_really_depend_on_SDL_image.patch: No longer required
  • Exclude lirc_rpi.conf: No longer required, let Device Tree handle lirc_rpi (add "dtoverlay=lirc-rpi" to config.txt)
  • Include d6f4bebf: new package: libsquish
  • Include patch: Use our own texturepacker
  • Include patch: Enable kernel device-tree support (details)
  • Include patch: Fix build patch for kodi-pvr-addons
  • Include patch: Add *.dtb files to firmware
  • Include patch: Add device tree kernel trailer
  • Include PR:5430: [URIUtils] Fix IsSmb, IsFTP, IsAfp, IsDAV and IsNfs.
  • Include PR:5752: [jsonrpc] Allow retrieving empty TV shows via VideoLibrary.GetTVShows.
  • Include PR:5958: Fix state not saved after #5842 if playing from "Recently added".
  • Include PR:6201: webserver: refactor, unification of handlers and bug fixes
Build Highlights:
  1. Small changes...
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • Allow unique build directories by appending project-defined suffix (PR:3791, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Enable binary patching (PR:3793, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • mkimage enhancements (PR:3783, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
    • New upstream version requires change of makefile patch (PR:3799, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [addons/boblight] - add boblight-aml - boblight client for amlogic devic... (PR:3782, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • util-linux:init: build static (13350cdf)
  2. XBMC:
    • Reorder initialization list in EventClient.h (PR:6211, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • cppcheck performance fixes in peripherals/ (PR:6160, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • quell warnings in VideoSyncDRM (0dedc4b5)
I got a new wired network drop, this time with build #0116

OK, it may be overclock but I would like to investigate.

Some points:

1 - Openelc add-on shows wired connection up and running. System info tab do the same, but Dns is wrong - the address showed is 127.0.0.1, while ip address is right.

2 - adding 'textmode' in cmdline.txt is not useful: I'm not able to get console after kodi.service was started.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
No Audio with Live TV and Spanish Mainland DVB-T for channels La 1 HD & tdp HD. (Build #0116, not tested on previous builds)

Video OK but No Audio when playing channels on a remote Pi with the TVheadend frontend connected to another Pi running the TVheadend backend. Video/Audio on other HD and SD channels are OK.

Note: That on Pi thats running TVheadend backend and frontened on a latest stable version of Openenlec 5.0 Video and Audio is fine for the same served La 1 HD and tdp HD channels.

Switched on debug before switching between La 1 HD and other HD channels, logfile @ http://sprunge.us/aZXX

Note: I did not test tdp HD when the debug was switched (La 1 HD and tdp HD are on same DVB-T multiplex, other HD channels on different multiplex i.e. in case the audio output is served slightly differently etc)
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2015-01-17, 17:43)MikeKL Wrote: No Audio with Live TV and Spanish Mainland DVB-T for channels La 1 HD & tdp HD. (Build #0116, not tested on previous builds)

Video OK but No Audio when playing channels on a remote Pi with the TVheadend frontend connected to another Pi running the TVheadend backend. Video/Audio on other HD and SD channels are OK.

Note: That on Pi thats running TVheadend backend and frontened on a latest stable version of Openenlec 5.0 Video and Audio is fine for the same served La 1 HD and tdp HD channels.

Switched on debug before switching between La 1 HD and other HD channels, logfile @ http://sprunge.us/aZXX

Note: I did not test tdp HD when the debug was switched (La 1 HD and tdp HD are on same DVB-T multiplex, other HD channels on different multiplex i.e. in case the audio output is served slightly differently etc)

I guess it's down to this:
Code:
15:03:22 429.903839 T:2830148672   DEBUG: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - Dropped packet with unknown stream index 1
Identifying the last build that worked may be useful.
Feels like a tvheadend bug (or incompatible server/client versions).
Hello ( sorry if this is multiple post)

I am in the uk and have recently bought this stick - August t210 dub-t2 usb tuner
Looking in the openelec compatibility wiki, I assumed that it would work OOB for the latest openelec builds.
Sadly, it is not even recognized!
I have tried the latest dev builds and the stick is recognised, but VDR cannot find any HD channels.
TVheadend, on the other hand, finds the HD channels fine?
Unfortunately, the channels changing is so slow in these builds, it makes it difficult to use

Maybe someone can help?

I can try to provide dmesg for the official and dev builds if that would help?

ManyThanks
Apologies popcornmix/all

After posting my question above on no HD Audio, I had sudden thought about the openelec audio settings on the remote pi. Checked and inadvertenly pre-set to 7.1 from when I had the Pi previously connected to an amp with 7.1 capabilites. I now have set to 2.0 and audio plays fine.
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
@pootler: If there's an upstream VDR bug (or no support for your hardware) you should report it on the OpenELEC forum. If a fix is forthcoming I'll include it my build.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112