• 55(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-01-17, 11:57)nickr Wrote: FFS go to the wiki and look up for yourself where to find logs.

This. Takes a few minutes to google and figure it out.
Is it possible to add a 'Mark Watched' feature to this add on? I've found that with some videos, largely those that are short, 2-4mins, they can be marked incomplete or even not be marked as partially viewed at all, just because I skipped the 'Please subscribe, ect' stuff at the tail end, because the video is under 3mins or where the 80% mark is is fairly long as well. Being able to just mark these videos as watched would be an improvement when dealing with these videos.
If you don't want to watch the whole video, you could always skip to the end and watch the last few seconds. That should count as having watched the whole video.
(2015-01-17, 17:44)dkplayaclub Wrote: If you don't want to watch the whole video, you could always skip to the end and watch the last few seconds. That should count as having watched the whole video.

And I have been doing that, but it's also a bit of a hassle if I went through several videos without doing so. I think having a 'Mark Watched' feature would be reasonable, especially since the add on uses the video database for watched status or for 'hide watched', like the normal video library.
I can't seem to get this to install from the repo. Is there a direct download to the zip of this addon that I can try? Standard youtube app will not install on my Boxee box since upgrading to Kodi either.
Hey guys I'm using Kodi on a raspberry pi, connected to my TV using HDMI. I can't seem to play any YouTube videos at all with the plugin. I've got a paste of the log for the Youtube plugin here that seems to list the errors but I have no idea how to read it. Hoping that someone can look through and tell me what I need to do. Thank you Smile http://pastebin.com/rKLDGRrr
(2015-01-17, 00:17)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-16, 23:13)teemue Wrote: 'Recommended for You' opens empty menu. Bug?
(2015-01-16, 23:33)ysilvela Wrote: How can i select the quality (720p, 420p, etc)?

Thanks.
Addon settings.

How it works? If I select the greatest quality and the media only have medium quality, what happens? the medium queality or none?

Thanks.
(2015-01-17, 14:09)steef76 Wrote: Information to my repo ... look down... the signature....

The answer was already there Wink

(2015-01-17, 15:28)Riksa Wrote: After the given time period two months, we will not be able to see new subscriptions videos ?
Crazy issue.

Maybe...I hope Google will provide something in APIv3....we have to wait and see Wink

(2015-01-17, 22:20)ysilvela Wrote:
(2015-01-17, 00:17)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-16, 23:13)teemue Wrote: 'Recommended for You' opens empty menu. Bug?
(2015-01-16, 23:33)ysilvela Wrote: How can i select the quality (720p, 420p, etc)?

Thanks.
Addon settings.

How it works? If I select the greatest quality and the media only have medium quality, what happens? the medium queality or none?

Thanks.

Medium? What do you think...best fit....logic Tongue and why you don't try and see.......

(2015-01-17, 18:47)DJ_Izumi Wrote:
(2015-01-17, 17:44)dkplayaclub Wrote: If you don't want to watch the whole video, you could always skip to the end and watch the last few seconds. That should count as having watched the whole video.

And I have been doing that, but it's also a bit of a hassle if I went through several videos without doing so. I think having a 'Mark Watched' feature would be reasonable, especially since the add on uses the video database for watched status or for 'hide watched', like the normal video library.

Sorry will not happen. This makes in case of usability no sense. KODI provides everything you need to reach your goal.

I have something to compare for you:

The video is playing...you push 'back', 'context menu' and have to select (worse case if the menu item is in the middle the 4th entry) to accomplish 'Watched'.
6 Steps instead of just hitting 'Fast Forward' Wink (this is what I'm doing)
(2015-01-17, 19:07)WhiteTiger Wrote: Hey guys I'm using Kodi on a raspberry pi, connected to my TV using HDMI. I can't seem to play any YouTube videos at all with the plugin. I've got a paste of the log for the Youtube plugin here that seems to list the errors but I have no idea how to read it. Hoping that someone can look through and tell me what I need to do. Thank you Smile http://pastebin.com/rKLDGRrr

This is a VEVO videos right? You need at least the 5.0.5~beta1, which has the bugfix with the new signature.

You can get beta versions of the Addon via my repo (See my signature for more information)

Bromix repository | Repository information
(2015-01-06, 19:16)bromix Wrote: Yes...if you would Smile maybe someone has some hint on this behavior?

I tried with confluence and the effect is the same. If I press play after a stop, it starts from the beginning without asking me to resume. Is there any other information I can provide to help track this one down?
I've been unable to play videos for the past few days, not sure what changed. I was on 5.0.3 before and updated to 5.0.5~beta1 and both have the same errors. Whenever I click on a video or play all from a playlist the "working" window pops up for one second then I get a playback failed error.

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/wnjeNgsC

The log was from me going to the playlist and choosing play all and shuffle.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

EDIT: this is my first time really posting log reports, please let me know if I included too much or if I'm supposed to try and trim it down. I opened a fresh Kodi session and did the YouTube test and closed Kodi.
(2015-01-18, 00:16)element192 Wrote: I've been unable to play videos for the past few days, not sure what changed. I was on 5.0.3 before and updated to 5.0.5~beta1 and both have the same errors. Whenever I click on a video or play all from a playlist the "working" window pops up for one second then I get a playback failed error.

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/wnjeNgsC

The log was from me going to the playlist and choosing play all and shuffle.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

EDIT: this is my first time really posting log reports, please let me know if I included too much or if I'm supposed to try and trim it down. I opened a fresh Kodi session and did the YouTube test and closed Kodi.

Can you delete the addon data-folder (or at least: addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/kodion/cache.sqlite) ...maybe the old signature is cached...because I can play every video from your log.
Are you all only watching VEVO videos on YouTube?!?! Tongue
(2015-01-18, 00:33)bromix Wrote: Can you delete the addon data-folder (or at least: addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/kodion/cache.sqlite) ...maybe the old signature is cached...because I can play every video from your log.

This fixed it, thanks! Is this something that will keep happening or is there a setting I should tweak?

We use YouTube almost exclusively for watching music videos so that explains the VEVO!
(2015-01-18, 00:40)element192 Wrote:
(2015-01-18, 00:33)bromix Wrote: Can you delete the addon data-folder (or at least: addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/kodion/cache.sqlite) ...maybe the old signature is cached...because I can play every video from your log.

This fixed it, thanks! Is this something that will keep happening or is there a setting I should tweak?

We use YouTube almost exclusively for watching music videos so that explains the VEVO!

No, shouldn't keep happening. I cache a signature for 24h...maybe in your case, you got the (wrong) cached signature from 5.0.3, but was fixed after that.
(2015-01-18, 00:47)bromix Wrote: No, shouldn't keep happening. I cache a signature for 24h...maybe in your case, you got the (wrong) cached signature from 5.0.3, but was fixed after that.

Awesome, thanks so much for your work.
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20