• 1(current)
WIP Ace for Kodi 14 Helix
Hey,

like many others here I would like to see Ace work on Helix. One of the biggest problems for me was the blank keyboard, so I had a look at it and I was able to fix it. It's not perfect, but the keyboard looks almost like before and - most important - it is working. Browsing here I saw some other problems (missing menus and so on), maybe i'll fix those too, if I can find the time. You can find my version of Ace on Github:

https://github.com/muCkk/skin.ace

I'm happy about any help/contributions/suggestions I can get Smile.

Update 02/08/2015
Update 02/05/2015
Update 01/20/2015

To get the skin click on "Download Zip" at Github. You might need to remove the old version first (in case you upgraded from Gotham for example) but make a backup first!
Thank you so much. Please continue.
(2015-01-18, 15:45)muCkk Wrote: Hey,

like many others here I would like to see Ace work on Helix. One of the biggest problems for me was the blank keyboard, so I had a look at it and I was able to fix it. It's not perfect, but the keyboard looks almost like before and - most important - it is working. Browsing here I saw some other problems (missing menus and so on), maybe i'll fix those too, if I can find the time. You can find my version of Ace on Github:

https://github.com/muCkk/skin.ace

I'm happy about any help/contributions/suggestions I can get Smile.

Just in case you are not aware of it, you can see all the skin related changes in Helix here.

Apart from the PVR most required changes are quite small.
(2015-01-19, 09:54)Jeroen Wrote: Just in case you are not aware of it, you can see all the skin related changes in Helix here.

I already found that thread the other day, but thank you anyway Smile. I am currently working through all the changes.
Cheers for taking this on!! So far I have found that the vertical submenus on the homescreen do not work. A blank list is displayed and when you click on an item Kodi crashes.
I just wanted to say thank you. Great work.
Much appriciated. Big Grin
I just pushed an update. It contains all fixes mentioned in this thread except those related to PVR windows. Apart from that most parts of the skin should work now as expected. There are probably still some dialogs and windows with misplaced texts or images. If you find those or run into other problems please let me know.

Quote:Port to Kodi v14 "Helix".
- Fixed: On-screen keyboard.
- Fixed: Vertical and horizontal home screen and other (sub-)menus are now displayed correctly.
- Fixed: Watched marker for ViewType Wide.

@john6555: The submenus are fixed now. But it's a little strange that Kodi crashed. It should have worked as normal since the labels were just misplaced.
Another BIG THANKS for putting the time and effort into getting this skin working for us. Big Grin
I am on Gotham + ACE official. What are the proper steps to update? Huh
Very pleased this skin is being reworked! Good luck muCkk!
Here are a couple of observations after spending some time with Ace for Kodi:
  1. It appears that the context menu is missing from the Home Screens (Movie/TV).
  2. Though Cinema Experience is still bundled with the skin it is no longer availble through any of the context menus.
Is there intent to restore the Home Screen context menu and Cinema Experience functionality to this skin?

Thanks again for the great work on this so far. Smile
Hi.
Thanks for your work. I have this problem. I've installed this skin and all work correctly. Then i've installed script.skin.info.service and the title of movie in right list was disappeare (like this image, that's is not mine).

I remove the addon, then the skin and reinstalled it, but the problem remained.
I also delete all folder relative to this skin, without success.
If i replace the content of ace-master folder with a backup of old ordinal ACE, i can resolve (but now i have old skin).
Can you help me with some suggestion?

By(t)e
(2015-01-21, 10:37)Supernils Wrote: I am on Gotham + ACE official. What are the proper steps to update? Huh
I would recommend this:
1. Backup Ace (make a copy of the skin.ace folder in /home/user/.xbmc/addons or %appdata%/xbmc/addons).
2. Udate to Kodi.
3. Copy the files from my version into skin.ace.

If you want to install my version from zip (to get missing dependencies for example) you should delete the folder skin.ace first. Otherwise you end up with two installations since Github renames it to skin.ace-master in the zip file, but only one "Ace"-option inside the skin menu.

(2015-01-21, 18:29)Mr. Zero Wrote:
  1. It appears that the context menu is missing from the Home Screens (Movie/TV).
  2. Though Cinema Experience is still bundled with the skin it is no longer availble through any of the context menus.
I'm not sure which context menus are meant. Right clicking on Movies in the home screen? Because there is no context menu in Gotham also. Cinema Experience is still available via movie information (right click a movie) --> Cinema Ex. It's the first time that I used this addon, so maybe there should be a shorter way? As far as I know you can also assign a button to start Cinema Experience.

(2015-01-22, 10:45)andbad Wrote: Hi.
Thanks for your work. I have this problem. I've installed this skin and all work correctly. Then i've installed script.skin.info.service and the title of movie in right list was disappeare (like this image, that's is not mine).
I thought I fixed all views - well i was wrong. Here is a fix. Just replace the file skin.ace/720p/ViewsRightList.xml.
(2015-01-21, 18:29)Mr. Zero Wrote:
I'm not sure which context menus are meant. Right clicking on Movies in the home screen? Because there is no context menu in Gotham also. Cinema Experience is still available via movie information (right click a movie) --> Cinema Ex. It's the first time that I used this addon, so maybe there should be a shorter way? As far as I know you can also assign a button to start Cinema Experience.

I think he's talking about the left submenu. If you press "left key" in home menu, this menu is blank. I have fixed this problem with copying my old "includes.xml" file from my old ace installation to your new skin version. you already wrote some posts earlier that this bug was fixed, but with a clean install of your skin, I still got this problem.
(2015-01-22, 12:28)muCkk Wrote: I thought I fixed all views - well i was wrong. Here is a fix. Just replace the file skin.ace/720p/ViewsRightList.xml.

Thanks so much. This evening i will try.

By(t)e
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ace for Kodi 14 Helix3