Bug How to update SEASON poster?
Exclamation 
Hope I'm doing something wrong, but honestly believe it's a bug.

How do you scrape and update art for just one season of a show without updating them all?

Try choosing a custom poster for one season then scrape (refresh) for images on a different one.
You can use a 3rd party app such as Tiny Media manager and scrape manually.
Artwork Downloader is a good method for choosing art manually. Its integration into each skin can be different, either through the infoscreen or the context menu typically. After you download what you want, then you can use the choose art function in the infoscreen to set your art.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2015-01-17, 00:42)PiNCH Wrote: Hope I'm doing something wrong, but honestly believe it's a bug.

How do you scrape and update art for just one season of a show without updating them all?

Try choosing a custom poster for one season then scrape (refresh) for images on a different one.

Because the season probably didn't exist when you initially scraped the show you'll need to re-scrape it but you can skip refreshing info for all the episodes at the prompt. Then Kodi will have any new season posters stored so if you want to choose a different one simply bring up the context menu and select 'Choose art'.
(2015-01-17, 01:50)Hitcher Wrote: Because the season probably didn't exist when you initially scraped the show you'll need to re-scrape it but you can skip refreshing info for all the episodes at the prompt. Then Kodi will have any new season posters stored so if you want to choose a different one simply bring up the context menu and select 'Choose art'.

That's the reason I'm having trouble with this and it's exactly how I'd expect it to work, but it's not the case: doing this will also change any custom posters chosen previously on other seasons.
Unfortunately some posters might change due to them being voted higher but you can change them using the same method. If you're not seeing a poster for a new season double check that one has actually been added to the tvdb.
(2015-01-19, 01:07)Hitcher Wrote: Unfortunately some posters might change due to them being voted higher but you can change them using the same method. If you're not seeing a poster for a new season double check that one has actually been added to the tvdb.

In other words: choosing custom posters for ongoing shows is essentially pointless - right? Well, unless you're willing to do it all again when a new season starts (Simpsons, anyone?).

Just found this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3546. This fixes the immediate issue, but it would still be nice to be able to scrape for new art without actually changing it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to update SEASON poster?0