• 27(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
(2015-01-18, 21:44)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-18, 21:08)Edworld Wrote: Bryan:

Your Oscar winners list need the following changes:

All the King's Men is missing the apostrophe
Around the world in 80 days, "80" needs to be replaced by "eighty"
Sunrise (1927) is missing from the list
Thanks! Probably won't add Sunrise though, as Wings took the top award in 1927.
Sunrise is an excellent film though! Big Grin
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Bryan:

Even though Sunrise is a 1927 movie it won in 1928
(2015-01-18, 22:23)Edworld Wrote: Bryan:

Even though Sunrise is a 1927 movie it won in 1928
Everything I've found points to Sunrise winning in the same year as Wings, but in a different, now defunct, category. It looks like Wings is considered to have won what is now known as Best Picture.

http://www.filmsite.org/oscars30.html
Bryan:

You are correct!

For whatever reason IMDB has it listed as best picture:

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?count=1...v_ch_osc_3

Wikipedia:

At the 1st Academy Awards ceremony (for 1927 and 1928), there were two categories that were seen as equally the top award of the night: Outstanding Picture and Unique and Artistic Production, the previous being won by the war epic Wings, and the latter by the art film Sunrise, both the awards were intended to honor different and equally important aspects of superior filmmaking. The following year, the Academy dropped the Unique and Artistic Production award, and decided retroactively that the award won by Wings was the highest honor that could be awarded.[3] Though the award kept the title Outstanding Picture for the next ceremony, the name underwent several changes over the years as seen below, the last being in 1962 when it became Best Picture.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Awa...st_Picture
@bryanbrazil - love the skin and the updates relative to reNOX. I had been using the icon view for my music videos in reNox, but I can't seem to get that to work right when I enter music videos from the home menu. The icon view is not available. The only views that are available in the music videos section are list views and poster views. How can I add the icon view from post 101 to the music video section?

Thanks for all your hard work on this!
(2015-01-19, 03:15)jmuck78 Wrote: @bryanbrazil - love the skin and the updates relative to reNOX. I had been using the icon view for my music videos in reNox, but I can't seem to get that to work right when I enter music videos from the home menu. The icon view is not available. The only views that are available in the music videos section are list views and poster views. How can I add the icon view from post 101 to the music video section?

Thanks for all your hard work on this!

Which version are you using, reNox or Mimic? I'll have to test out Music Videos, I don't have any...
Can anyone test if notifications popups sometimes shows incorrect icons
(2015-01-19, 04:49)CaBrA Wrote: Can anyone test if notifications popups sometimes shows incorrect icons

Is it something you can reproduce? Can you tell which notifications it happens with?
(2015-01-18, 19:20)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-18, 18:53)Edworld Wrote:
(2015-01-18, 18:25)bryanbrazil Wrote: Not sure about the differences between them, at the time I just happened to use the first one. I don't use either now, I've found running texture maintenance utility from the command line to be more reliable.

How do I run this?

Here are the instructions I wrote up for Windows...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1859819

(2015-01-18, 19:14)Edworld Wrote: Bryan:

White theme has some issues:

Videodialoginfo: When you select cast it is hard to read their names

When you are watching the movie and hit "I" you get two different tones of blue on the info stripes, top stripe is different than bottom stripe.

When you are on tvshows, episode view, and you highlight the episode, you can't read the info that is underneath the "snapshot" of the episode.

I hope my description helps

Thanks, I'm sure there's going to be quite a few things like this to clean up. Will fix.

Can add that volume dialog is hard to read numerical volume change and context menus are also hard to read under white theme.

Love this skin Bryan you've come a long way since your Oscar and IMDB mods for Nox Big Grin
(2015-01-19, 07:39)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Can add that volume dialog is hard to read numerical volume change and context menus are also hard to read under white theme.

Love this skin Bryan you've come a long way since your Oscar and IMDB mods for Nox Big Grin

Thanks! Smile Try it again, just pushed a huge update to git of fixes for the white theme.
(2015-01-16, 04:15)bryanbrazil Wrote: Just posted instructions for adding the Logo view back. See the thread for Mimic mods...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215134

Thanks for the instructions Smile
(2015-01-19, 05:50)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-19, 04:49)CaBrA Wrote: Can anyone test if notifications popups sometimes shows incorrect icons

Is it something you can reproduce? Can you tell which notifications it happens with?

For example, if I use pulsar addon the correct icon is shown, then if a yatse notification arrives it shows the pulaar icon
(2015-01-19, 07:41)bryanbrazil Wrote: Thanks! Smile Try it again, just pushed a huge update to git of fixes for the white theme.

Installed latest GIT version and white theme is much improved for visibility. Just a minor quibble, I've set movie scraper to use Australian certification ratings and their MPAA flags are coloured which you've integrated in the skin, however in the video info screen they're not clearly visible using the white theme.
(2015-01-19, 13:54)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Installed latest GIT version and white theme is much improved for visibility. Just a minor quibble, I've set movie scraper to use Australian certification ratings and their MPAA flags are coloured which you've integrated in the skin, however in the video info screen they're not clearly visible using the white theme.

I'll have to look for some other Australian flags that aren't colored. I had to add a colordiffuse to them in order to get all the others to look right in the white theme.

Update: Found some that would work in the forum, but the links were dead. Do you have Adobe Illustrator? Found these vectors, you could make the Australian flags to match the others found in /media/flags/mpaa/. http://vector.me/browse/795443/film_lite..._australia

I was able to convert one of the files to png, just updated the Australian flags on git.
Nice Skin! I like to change skins every once in a while because I am weird like that, But I really like the BIG views and the fact that I can see the words and read it from a distance with most of the themes, also love the menu customization stuff, very nice, on the other hand, I wish there was a way to change the level of translucency (If that's the right word?) for the main menu background to be able to see the custom background pics a little better. I'm certainly no expert at python or screwing with xmls but I may mess with it a bit later and see if I can achieve the effect I am looking for. Thanks for all your time consuming work on this skin! Cool

PS: Sorry if what I am talking about with the color stuff has already been mentioned. I am in a hurry today and didn't have time/was too fat and lazy to read all 27 pages, but the search only seemed to turn up posts regarding themes.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9